Rate Dr. William R. Grace

Dr. William R. Grace's Ratings

Dr.Grace
I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at the age of 35 and went to Sloan first but it did not work out for me and I thank G-d that I did not stop at Sloan but continued looking for a doctor that would care and that would share the same goals with me and I would feel comfortable with.
Doctors are not Gods!!! And Dr.Grace is one of the very few in the profession who realizes that! So he did not take a hope away from me and from the first visit he has set me up for a good start. So here is what I think is important in your oncologist that dr.Grace certainly is.
First, the oncologist has to have the same goal as you to get you into remission, meaning not controlling but eradicating cancer. And he used chemo sensitivity that has made wonders to put me into remission.

Second, cancer is something that has to be approached from different angles including change in diet, life style and positive attitude. If your doctor is only giving you a drug to cover up temporarily the symptoms, you may need another doctor. The very first visit he told me to stop eating red meat, dairy and start excising. You just have to do it.
Third, treatment should be individual based, not based on the current protocol of a hospital, otherwise you are just becoming a research material for the best research center in the world. And this is not what you want to be. The chemo sensitivity test that was done on my tumor by dr Grace showed that the drug Sloan was going to treat me with (protocol of Sloan) would not be effective on me.
One thing to be aware of: 1) chemo sensitivity is experimental medicine and you will have to come up with money to pay for it but was worth everything we paid (for me it was 2k or so but cost may be up to 5-8k); 2) Dr.grace does not accept all insurances which I first was only paying for visits and had arrangement to have chemo treatment done at Lenox Hill infusion center by his orders and that was fully covered (but I actually after meeting my out of pocket maximum had few chemos received at his office and would recommend that).
Cancer can be successfully treated! Chemo is very tough to live through!!! God bless you and help you. I have been in remission for about a year and expecting a surprise child which my dear doctor William Grace told me to keep and just said to pray G-d while he is taking care of me and continue having only positive attitude!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

dr grace forgot to give me oral prednisone as part of my RCHOP chemotherapy. when the mistake was discovered a week later, he dosed me with 2 1/2 times the normal dose at a point in my cycle when I was neutrapenic. Once I had developed an obvious infection in my right shoulder, he took blood ciltures and sent me home rather than the ER. I was admitted to the hospital by my.primary care the next day. I had sepsis, was unconscious for 10 days while they operated twice on my shoulder. I was put on patient controlled anesthesia with a basal rate of 0, when I couldnt know to push the button. I almost died, and then had to crawl out of the grave and continue my chemo from a completely debilitated point with another oncologist, who was excellent. dr Grace's office still billed me despite numerous misteps while I was hospitaluzed, including boarding me with a patient who had MRSA and giving me no bowel plan which led to an anal fissure. He is the last doctor I would ever recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

While you are a "Ginny Pig", a "Study" or "Protocol Number" to one of the nations greatest, leading and most reputable facilities you are a real person or very close individual, a human being for Dr. Grace. While those so called best institutions treat you under protocol Dr. Grace approaches you as an individual. While they try to control your disease and let you die slowly Dr. Grace is trying to kill the cancer and let you preserve your life and let you have full healthy life. This is what my wife and I felt on first visit with him. He does not test your cancer in your body. He takes a piece of it, tests it in lab, learns what kills it and then he applies that particular treatment to your body ONLY AFTER HE TOURTURED THE CANCER AND NOT YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM with chemo, radiation, etc. while those "Number One" institutions give you a treatment that everybody else gets, by what the statistics show. So far he makes sence. We left those institutions and will go by what he prescribes. 2bcont

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

BRILLIANT DOCTOR AND HUMAN BEING. EXCELLENT DIAGNOSTICIAN. THE VERY BEST! MARNIE WINSTON MACAULEY

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

My husband and I are extremely greatful to Dr Grace. He diagnosed and treated my husband's cancer twice.He was very accurate, passionate, understanding and friendly. He answered every question we had, clearly explained the side effects and complications he may experience with Stage 4 cancer treatment. My husband experienced every complications and severe side effects during his chemo theraphy. Dr. Grace was there for him everytime with the best doctors caring for him for chemo related complications. Twice he went into critical condition, but Dr. Grace with the best team of medical team saved his life.Our relationship with Dr. Grace goes back to 1991 and my husband survived. He considers Dr. Grace a best trusted friend, still sees him once a year and he feels a lot better after his visits. Dr. Grace is the Best of The Best Oncologist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

My mom went to Dr Grace during the latter stages of her cancer. While under the care of another Doctor the cancer had spread all over her body. Dr Grace didn't seem to mine that she was riddled with cancer, he was going to save her life. She loved him and wanted to get better because she wanted to be one of his many success stories. My mom died from an infection she picked up in the hospital before she ever met Dr Grace. Now, i am insisting that my best friend go to Grace because currently nyu is not going to treat her cancer because they are more concerned with side effect than killing her cancer. Grace cures cancer and worries about side effects later. He doesn't answer to board of directors who are more concerned with dollars and numbers than curing patients. See you soon Grace. I know your the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

Dr. Grace treated me like he was trying to save one of his own family members. So far I am still alive!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

If you are lucky enough to stumble upon this doctor, you will find the most absolute wonderful, caring, intelligent, and extreamly concerned individual. Not only being Qualified by the highest degree, his confidence to help and possibly cure you, is radiated through his calmness, and joking personality, will make you confident you have found one of a few! He is truly a great Doctor and a great Person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

When you are with Dr. Grace, he answers every question and gives you as much time as you need. He has saved my life - I came to him very ill - cancer all over the abdomen,a 90 lb. weakling who could barely eat, sleep, breathe or eliminate. He , by the grace of God, knew what to do. He has connections to the finest doctors who are as gifted as he is. I have been with him for 5 years and although the cancer will not go away completely, I have had a fine life in that there is always hope- especially from Dr. Grace. He is positive, innovative but not aggressive, and always puts the patient first.He lives by the Hippocratic Oath and he has kept me alive by being faithful to that oath. I thank God daily for Dr. Grace. His staff is sweet and kind and treat me like I am family. I never mind going to the office whether it is for treatments or checkups as they make you as comfortable as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

There is no finer doctor in this country! He is the most caring, intelligent and informed doctor there is. He genuinely cares about every patient, listens to everything you have to say (no matter how insignificant you think it may be) and makes you feel like you're his ONLY patient. His knowledge is amazing and he keeps up with all the latest medical breakthroughs. He has enriched my life, as well as saved it so many times. I am very lucky to have him as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][581008].votes_count ]]