Rate Dr. Ian Milne

Dr. Ian Milne's Ratings

Initially when I went to Dr. Milne for my braces, he told me that it can easily be done in 1.5 years. He sounded very confident about it until he got me in. Then I realised it was just his typical selling pitch. Soon after the treatment started, he sounded as if he cannot say how long it takes. The reality is that no dentist can give you an exact timeline as to how long it will take but they should be able to give you a reasonable estimate. Most dentists are very honest on this and will tell you how long they think it will take. In my opinion, Dr. Milne was not being honest when he said an year and a half because he would have been clearly able to tell it will take much longer. It has been 3.5 years so far and he still doesn’t know how long it is going to take. He will tell you that “so next time we will do this” and then he will totally forget that. Then when you remind him, he says “thats right”. I would expect a lot more level of professionalism from a dentist especially when you are paying him your hard earned money. He seems to have a very bad memory most likely because of his age. He appears to have been a bright man in his younger days but not anymore. My appointment was every 5 weeks and at times he was not there to check the progress for 3 consecutive appointments and the dental hygienists wouldn’t know what to do but to just replace the archwires. Very frequently you will notice that the dental hygienists will politely have to ask him “so doctor do you think we should do....” And he says “yeah sure” without even thinking it through for a second. That to me shows that he is not even putting and critical thought into the treatment while the dental hygienists make that suggestion because they feel that he should have come up with a better suggestion. He also had trouble with his vision and the last thing you want from a dentist is someone who cannot see your teeth. Its very unfortunate that I am stuck with this guy because I was on a payment plan for 2 years and I completed my payment. So I will have to live with this and hope he gets this fixed. For the past 10 months there was no progress whatsoever and when I tell him that, he bluffs and says “yours is not an easy case” which contradicts what he told me on Day 1. I have taken the time to post this review so that others dont have to go through the same trouble I am going through. There are a lot of good dentists out there. Do your research. I would never recommend this man to anyone for braces.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

I have gone to Chiropractors ove my life time.I have for the most part been satisfied. How ever I had to go long tirm and of course I did feal better but I didn,t know the differance it was until Dr. Milne started working on me. Within 4 treatments I was standing up right. The pain in my feet leggs back and nick had greatly subsubsided. I have been going for a little while now and I am continuley getting better. Some of the more serious of my problems are changing to . I asked Dr. Milne about them. He said he was going to try and reverse some of the long tirm damage. I was suprized as I was told that there was nothing any one could do to change the damage in my nick. I am truly in less pain and I am sleeping better. I can go for longer walks. I am not slouched over and draging my feet anymore. My kids tell me that before Dr. Milne started treatment I walked liked an old lady. I didn,t notice but my kids did. THANK YOU DR. MILNE FOR CHANGING MY LIFE. YOU HAVE REALY MADE A DIFFERANCE. BLESS YOU. MARCIA

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

Too expensive, you could find other orthodontists in Ottawa that will do the job for cheaper.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

Would not recommend ,2 years after my braces were removed and my permanent retainer broke which I was not aware he did isn't know what else to do , recommended again braces ,no other sugestions ,I had to come several times to see him but he was no available to see me so ended up seeing hygienist which was very nice but again no treatment ,so the last visit I got fed up by being ignored by him and changed to another orthodontist ,after spending 4000 you would think you get what you paid for?

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Staff went above and beyond . Very friendly made me feel at home and at ease.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

The worst thing about this dental practice is that they have no respect for your time. A 30 minute wait to be seen is not uncommon. If your time is valuable to you, I would recommend you look elsewhere for this expertise. While my daughter was being seen the staff once, the staff discussed spaghetti sauce recipes.

Submitted April 8, 2014 | flag

Excellent results, warm, caring, knowledgeable staff. Loved going there!!

Submitted March 17, 2014 | flag

Ignorant and disrespectful men ,screw up my treatment and now doesn't know what to do so ignores me on the last 2 visits , will change orthodontist after this visit , in my opinion ? He should retire .

Submitted March 5, 2014 | flag

I am very very dissappinted with the results.. After 3 yrs of having bracests now i have to go see another doctor ill give them 1 out of 5 .. He should be more respondible to his patients!!!!!!

Submitted March 17, 2013 | flag

I was first treated by Dr. Milne when I was 13 years old. I needed extensive work done to straighten my teeth and to fix an overbite. By the time I walked into high school, my braces were off and my teeth looked wonderful. However, several years later my overbite has returned and am now going through a second wave of braces in addition to being told that I need surgery to remedy the overbite (which was not mentioned as being a possibility when the braces came off). In any case I am a little dissapointed by the fact that I am being treated a second time for something that should have been fixed the first time around - and being charged full price I might add.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2012 | flag