Rate Dr. Peter Potts

Dr. Peter Potts's Ratings

I have had 2 surgeries performed by dr Potts ... I found him gentle kind and a wonderful doctor ... I have one more surgery pending in 3 months ... Not feeling worried or anxious ... ( just hope this is the last )....I am confident Dr Potts will do as good a job as before ...also his office staff is courteous and kind !

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr Potts was my doctor when I had my first pregnancy. I was hoping for a female doctor and thought that I would be uncomfortable with Dr Potts but I couldn't be more wrong. He was very professional and his bedside manner is gentle and comforting. He reassured me whenever I had fears about my baby and pregnancy. If there was an angel on earth, it is Dr Potts. I was also very lucky that he was on duty at the hospital when I was in labor, I felt he took extra care of me. I wish he delivered my son as it would have made me feel more confident giving birth but he was already off duty. I really hope he can be my doctor again in my next pregnancy. The staff is excellent as well and the wait time was reasonable.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Potts was not my Ob-Gyn, but he delivered my baby 4 days ago. I don't remember much because already my mind has blocked out the trauma of delivering an 11 lb 5 oz baby vaginally, but I remember him being so nice and encouraging and positive. He was amazing, and my two labour buddies thought so too. I'm extremely grateful for Dr. Potts!

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

I'm currently pregnant with b/g twins. I had orginally had an OB in Guelph who was horrid and ended switching to Dr. Potts just about half way through my pregnancy. At the time, he was the only doctor that wasn't fully booked around my due date and was willing to take me on, so I came across him by fluke but I am so thankful I did. He's AMAZING!!! As are the lovely ladies at his office. He is very thorough when explaining things, and he never ever makes you feel rushed or that your only a number to him. He cares about his patients sincerely and makes sure that all of your questions and concerns are addressed before leaving. I have 2 other children that on occasion come with me to my appts and he always makes them feel included in the appt and excited about the new babies. His staff are also incredible. Always happy, helpful, and they remember all of the patients! Not just by name but they remember their "story". They're fantastic! Good doctors are hard to find but Dr. Potts is great!!

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

I'm currently pregnant with identical twins and Dr. Potts has been my OB throughout this pregnancy which is now nearing the end. He has been a wonderful doctor, he has wonderful bedside manner, his staff is friendly and the longest I've waited to get in to see him is about 45 minutes. Considering I've waited literally HOURS at my previous Gyno to me 45 mins is completely acceptable. I've had complications and Dr. Potts has been very thorough, always answering my questions and listening to my concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Potts, he's been an amazing OB.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2012 | flag

Dr. Potts was my OB for both my children. I find that he has great bedside manner and answered all my questions. He delivered my first child but not my second, but with my second he came into see me and the baby the next day and asked how everything went. I did have to wait a few times (45 min. Max), but in all fairness that was at the end of the day. The staff is great and they too take time to answer your questions. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends, and if I have a third child I will be seeing him again.

Submitted June 3, 2012 | flag

I recently was see at our local Hospital for excessive post-menopausal bleeding. Dr. Potts was on call. I was never actually seen by Dr. Potts, but had my medical information given to him over the phone by a Nurse Practitioner. This was after waiting 11 hours in Emergency. He sent me away with a requisition for an Ultrasound and said he would be in touch to make a follow-up appointment. After looking at my results his receptionist informed me that he had booked me to come see him in September. My insistence that something was wrong and that I needed to be seen sooner didn't change this outcome. I trust my instincts and saw another OBGYN within a few days. A biopsy was done and within a week I was given an answer. I have Uterine Cancer requiring a complete Radical Hysterectomy. Thank-you Dr. Potts for not seeing me. Your lack of attention to detail may have just saved my life. If you are too busy to see a patient PLEASE pass that patient on to someone else.

Submitted April 10, 2012 | flag

I had surgery my husband was told to wait in the OR waiting room and Dr potts would come out and talk to him.My husband waited 3 hours!! Then found out i had been in recovery for an hour already he didnt know my surgery was even done and no Dr.Potts to tell him how it went or what he did!! You trust a doctor with your life on an operating table he should at least feel you are important enough to explain what he did to you and tell you your restrictions after surgery,not just send you home to figure it out.Even the nurses at the hospital were not told anything.Here we are a week later several calls to his office and he still hasnt returned any calls so we still know nothing.Im here with a bladder infection had to call my family doctor for antibiotics Dr Potts didnt care enough to call...Thank god my family doctor is absolutely amazing....Guess ill have to wait another 4 weeks for my post-op.Really disrespectful in my opinion..They should put them selves in the patients shoes!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2011 | flag

Dr.Potts is a wonderful Doctor, has great bedside manner, is very knowledgeable and I trust him with being my OB for my first child. He doesn't rush me when I have questions, is very gentle during examinations and is very friendly. I see a lot of complaints with wait times but in all honesty, it's not too bad. He is only on call in the hospital one week day and is in the hospital all day on Saturdays. I have never waited longer than 1 hour and that's pretty good for a specialist. I highly recommend Dr.Potts and hope to have him again for my next child.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2011 | flag

He is a really great physician. I had very difficult surgery performed by him after I was turned down in two other cities!! I am now complely recovered and back to work, I couldnt be happier with my results

Submitted Nov. 20, 2010 | flag