Rate Dr. Gary Fiasconaro

Dr. Gary Fiasconaro's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I have had 3 deliveries by Dr. Gary. He is professional, warm and compassionate, and yes can be humorous at times. I don't go to him to be entertained, but for the best possible care for my baby and self, and there is no doubt I get it. I have called Dr. Gary at 3:00 am and received a call back in 5 minutes!! Never upset, never short....truly a gem....I highly recommend this outstanding Doctor.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

Personally, I would much rather an intelligent doctor who is good at what they do than a friend who may not be as good. Dr. Gary is blunt, to the point and won't hold your hand. That may make him seem rushed (as some mention here), but if you ask him a question he will slow down to answer you and make sure you have the information you need. I haven't gone to him as a GYN long yet, but as an OB I feel that he is top notch. He is an amazing surgeon- my c-section was only 6 weeks ago and aside being able to do vigorous exercise already, my incision site looks better than my sister who had a c-section over 2 years ago. Personally, I think he's one of the best in his field in all of NYC. You don't need to go to Manhattan to get the best doctor in NYC- trust me! I've tried! After 6 m/c's, I was referred to Gary and a perinatologist. I write this review with my infant son in my arms. That should be enough said. I'll write another review after some time with him as my GYN :)

Submitted Oct. 18, 2013 | flag

We really wanted a natural birth and we rolled with Park Slope Midwives (who were great by the way). We knew the baby was big and eventually we had to face the fact that maybe baby was TOO big to get through mommy's pelvis. So the midwives called Dr. Gary Fiasconaro on a Saturday night and he raced in. After 5-10 minutes of consulting and poking mommy, Dr. Gary, with a heavy heart and no zeal, stated that it was his opinion that the baby could not get through naturally. After seeing my daughter's head . . . I completely believe he was correct . . . we all have big heads in my family, so wasn't too surprised. When my daughter was born Dr. F looked over the drape at my wife and said "the kid has your husbands' head . . . there was no chance she'd get out!" I found both Dr. Gary F. and his brother Dr. Santo F. to be very kind and caring and humorous. No complaints, only compliments.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2012 | flag

I went to see Dr. Fiasconaro for a second opinion as it did not seem my pregancy was progressing well. During our first visit, he asked us what the issue was, after we explained he did not ask if we had any questions/concerns. When we told him that we had additional questions, he told us that he needed to examine me. After he finished the exam, he gave us a referral to a fetal maternal doctor for a sonogram. He did not tell us anything further and when we looked at the referral documents, we read he thought it was a blighted ovum. Is this a way to tell you patients what you want to rule out? It turned out to be a blighted ovum, which he called to tell me. He did not ask me to come in with my husband - he told me over the phone without an ounce of compassion. When I miscarried on my own, he sent me to Methodist to see his residents. He never showed up. He never called to ask how I was doing, never asked me to schedule a follow up. Not a compassionate doctor at all.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

I was recommended by family members to Dr. GAry after seeing another specialist which did not work well. This is my first child and I I feel comfortable and in good hands with him. He is very attentive to his patients and I am satisfied i

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

Staff was great especially Naomi, and Dr Gary was always available for questions by my husband and I ANYTIME day or night. This was my 3rd bay and the first two were with a different doctor, so I am soo sorry I am done having kids because I truely loved the whole expierence this time around. I am only glad that he will be around for my future woman troubles and as always have the answers for me

Submitted Sept. 24, 2010 | flag

Here's the deal: There are two brothers in the practice: Dr. Gary & Dr. Santo. If you are looking for a doctor who's OVERLY friendly, lovey-dovey, Huggy-Kissy, Jokes around, great personality, then Dr. Santo is your man. If you are looking for a doctor that's straight-to-the-point, friendly-ish, but very knowledgable, and sometimes jokes around, then Dr. Gary is your man. Sometimes he can come off as kind of cold, however if I was ever concerned or had a question, he always was very caring and compassionate. If you called, he got back to you ASAP, no matter what time it was. I personally LOVE Dr. Gary! He delivered both my boys (now 3 and 1) via C-Section...and I was very happy with my surgery and recovery. He's also young and is up on the latest surgical techniques...I trust this man with my life. Plus, the staff is awesome. I would go in with my 2 year old and they would have books and would play with him..they were great!

Submitted April 13, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gary needs to give out information and advise all patients without waiting for them to ask questions. As he may be a good doctor to some it is very important to be consistent. I asked him several questions with my husband present only to tell me later on that "he never said or advised that" as if I were crazy. Being more personable would help. Perhaps he is overworked but there is no excuse for not giving a patient what they need to feel comfortable and that may be time and answers. SLOW DOWN!

Submitted Nov. 20, 2008 | flag

I think Dr. Gary is a great doctor.He may not give you alot of time on a regular visit if everything is okay but if you have a problem he is sure to be there 100%. I have called him several times and he is sure to get on the phone or call me back within 30 minutes. I have been going through a tough time and he is always there for any questions i may have. I feel Dr. Gary is great.Dr. Santos is also a great dr. I seen him one time because i had an emergency and he was great. He sat down and gave me the comfort i needed.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2008 | flag