Rate Dr. Jennifer Oakes

Dr. Jennifer Oakes's Ratings

Dr. Oakes was kind, gave me the attention that I needed, and guided me through a difficult pregnancy. I am so grateful to have a doctor that put my needs first and listened to my concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I am writing this on behalf of a dear friend who is battling late diagnosed ovarian cancer. She originally saw Dr. Oakes several years earlier and recalled not having cared much for her bedside manner, but rather than following her "gut" and requesting a different gynaecologist, she went ahead and saw her. This was a life altering decision and one that she regrets profoundly. Dr. Oakes misdiagnoses cost her precious months which could have been used to fight a cancer when it was less intrusive. Instead she was told she had fibroids and had to argue to convince Dr. Oakes that the numerous pessaries she tried were not fitting and not because she was
"too sensitive", but due to a large tumour! Thankfully, frustrated by the trying months with Dr. Oakes she sought a second opinion. Within minutes of her first appointment she was told she had a large tumour, was sent for an ultrasound and began radiation two days later.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Unprofessional, patronizing staff who do not care about the well being of pregnant woman and a secretary that screws up peoples appointments and really doesn't deserve to work there. I would not recommend with place to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I've only been a few times to see Dr. Oaks and she seemed ok, although she kept me waiting both times.Her receptionist (Marium?) I think that's her name, is very rude and not at all helpful. I can not believe she still hasn't improved her people skills with the other negative reviews from other patients. She has lost my appointments and filed referrals from my GP, without calling me to set up an appointment. So I had to go to the end of the list and wait again for another 3 months.She then made it sound like it was my fault. Not impressed!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1554822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I heard her name from a couple of my friends but didn't ask much question about her service as I looked into this website and thought she must be fairly nice. I have been seeing her since the beginning of my pregnancy and this is my first. She always smiles and makes couple jokes. I was not 100% comfortable with her because she appeared to be in rush and her attitude was not encouraging for me to ask more questions. She answered my questions but didn't care whether I was satisfied or not. My experience with her was not so good but I never thought to change to another OB until she brought up issues with my baby's growth and seemed indifferent about how I felt. I then made my mind to see another doctor (Dr. Hanna Ezzat) and saw the difference with her and Dr. Oakes. If you look for an OB who listens to your concerns and cares for you, I'd not recommend Dr. Oakes because she is not caring enough and in rush all the time. She is not a good fit to my personality and doesn't meet my needs

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1554821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2013

Dr. Oakes is very professional and competent. I liked that she took all my concerns seriously and had good note taken systems in place. She was great with necessary referrals. The on-call doctor ended up delivering my baby but Dr. Oakes went out of her way to visit me in the hospital in any event. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Unfortunately, we found her unable to alleviate anxiety. Instead, she was exacerbating it unnecessarily. We wondered why because it wasn't that my wife was not following instructions -- why would she? Not particularly warm or caring especially when there are some obvious concerns during the pregnancy -- she was fairly indifferent. It was an almost normal childbirth - and our daughter is doing excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I love Dr. Oakes... She is very thorough, concerned, and doesn't just prescribe you medication without checking your history. She takes the time to talk to you - and keeps good notes because she remembers things even a couple years later.. :) My only issue is her receptionist.. So rude, unhelpful and just plain ridiculous - but the receptionist isn't the one who is treating me, so I try not to let her bother me too much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

I LOVE THIS OB. I cannot express this enough. I first met her at St. Pauls when I went to the ER with major abdominal pain at 22 weeks pregnant. Not being able to form a conclusive diagnosis, she was my number 1 advocate to admit me and have me stay until we found out what it was. Ended up being early onset appendicitis... and it couldve been much worse if I had just been sent home. Needless to say I have switched OB's, recommended her to all of my pregnant friends and I look forward to seeing her through the rest of my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

Dr. Oakes was amazing. She was there for me during a very difficult time and she provided the care and attention that I needed. She listened to my concerns, took the time to explain everything to me, and I felt extremely confident her skills as a doctor. I am so glad that she is my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554816].votes_count ]]