Rate Dr. Jennifer Oakes

Dr. Jennifer Oakes's Ratings

Unprofessional, patronizing staff who do not care about the well being of pregnant woman and a secretary that screws up peoples appointments and really doesn't deserve to work there. I would not recommend with place to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I've only been a few times to see Dr. Oaks and she seemed ok, although she kept me waiting both times.Her receptionist (Marium?) I think that's her name, is very rude and not at all helpful. I can not believe she still hasn't improved her people skills with the other negative reviews from other patients. She has lost my appointments and filed referrals from my GP, without calling me to set up an appointment. So I had to go to the end of the list and wait again for another 3 months.She then made it sound like it was my fault. Not impressed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I heard her name from a couple of my friends but didn't ask much question about her service as I looked into this website and thought she must be fairly nice. I have been seeing her since the beginning of my pregnancy and this is my first. She always smiles and makes couple jokes. I was not 100% comfortable with her because she appeared to be in rush and her attitude was not encouraging for me to ask more questions. She answered my questions but didn't care whether I was satisfied or not. My experience with her was not so good but I never thought to change to another OB until she brought up issues with my baby's growth and seemed indifferent about how I felt. I then made my mind to see another doctor (Dr. Hanna Ezzat) and saw the difference with her and Dr. Oakes. If you look for an OB who listens to your concerns and cares for you, I'd not recommend Dr. Oakes because she is not caring enough and in rush all the time. She is not a good fit to my personality and doesn't meet my needs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2013

Dr. Oakes is very professional and competent. I liked that she took all my concerns seriously and had good note taken systems in place. She was great with necessary referrals. The on-call doctor ended up delivering my baby but Dr. Oakes went out of her way to visit me in the hospital in any event. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Unfortunately, we found her unable to alleviate anxiety. Instead, she was exacerbating it unnecessarily. We wondered why because it wasn't that my wife was not following instructions -- why would she? Not particularly warm or caring especially when there are some obvious concerns during the pregnancy -- she was fairly indifferent. It was an almost normal childbirth - and our daughter is doing excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I love Dr. Oakes... She is very thorough, concerned, and doesn't just prescribe you medication without checking your history. She takes the time to talk to you - and keeps good notes because she remembers things even a couple years later.. :) My only issue is her receptionist.. So rude, unhelpful and just plain ridiculous - but the receptionist isn't the one who is treating me, so I try not to let her bother me too much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

I LOVE THIS OB. I cannot express this enough. I first met her at St. Pauls when I went to the ER with major abdominal pain at 22 weeks pregnant. Not being able to form a conclusive diagnosis, she was my number 1 advocate to admit me and have me stay until we found out what it was. Ended up being early onset appendicitis... and it couldve been much worse if I had just been sent home. Needless to say I have switched OB's, recommended her to all of my pregnant friends and I look forward to seeing her through the rest of my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

Dr. Oakes was amazing. She was there for me during a very difficult time and she provided the care and attention that I needed. She listened to my concerns, took the time to explain everything to me, and I felt extremely confident her skills as a doctor. I am so glad that she is my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

Rushed to get to appt on time, waited in filthy waiting room with screaming child, rude receptionist, then took to room to wait even longer, Jennifer came in and was not apologetic for being late really, just gave me attitude that I was upset I had to wait. Gave me info but kept interrupting me and had zero bedside manner and didn' ask me any questions that may have been useful to her and me. Going to find a decent doctor and glad she has to work in a filthy disgusting building.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2012

Dr. Oakes is extremely knowledgeable and caring. She spent time getting to know what my concerns were and gave relevant suggestions to these issues. Her receptionist is extremely rude though and very unprofessional. When she made a mistake she would put it back on me and leave me feeling as though I did something wrong. As a health care professional I could never imagine talking to client/patients in the manner she does. Good thing Dr. Oakes is so great that some of us can overlook Dorris.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1554814].votes_count ]]