Rate Dr. Richard Payne

Dr. Richard Payne's Ratings

Dr Payne is a very good surgeon with incredible people skills . He removed half my thyroid as results came back inconclusive . Thank goodness tumour was not cancerous . He was honest kind and used humour in such an appropriate way . He is the gold standard of surgeons ,excellent Wishing him the best life has to offer . Thank you very much .D 27 /10/2014

Was this rating useful? 2 flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2649686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Amazing doctor and human being. Always seemed to be in control and know what to do for my thyroid cancer. Incredible. The BEST!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2578861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

He is a great and kind doctor. Answered my many many questions. He was a bit too eager to take out my whole thyroid, I had only a tumour on the right side. In conversation with my endocrinologist Dr. Leboeuf, we decided to only take out half and this was a great decision. I am cancer free and can still make my own hormones. I have follow ups every 6 months with Dr. Leboeuf. He wanted to take out the rest but I decided not to for now, since the endocrinologist agreed it was safe to leave it since there was no tumour.
Be aware of overtreatement of thyroid cancer. But also when you need to have surgery Dr. Payne is a great man. I remember him making me laugh as he drew on my neck before surgery and then waking up from surgery and he being there waiting to tell me everything went well. The scar has healed beautifully.
Thank you for your help Dr. Payne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr. Richard Payne is an incredible surgeon. As an anxious patient with a thyroid tumor I decided to shop around for the best. I saw several local thyroid surgeons in Montreal, Toronto, and Calgary. Dr. Payne was really nice, caring, and understood what I was going through. He made me feel at ease. The surgery went extremely well. The cancer is gone from my body. I look great and feel great. With much gratitude to Dr. Payne and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Excellent.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2507948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2505818].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr Payne is a brilliant surgeon with incredible people skills . He removed half my thyroid as results came back inconclusive . Thank goodness tumour was not cancerous . He was honest kind and used humour in such an appropriate way . Returned phone calls when we had questions. He is the gold standard of surgeons . If you have a thyroid issue see this man. Bravo ! Wishing him the best life has to offer . Thank you again . G

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2483935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

En plus d'être un médecin qualifié avec une excellente réputation, Dr Payne est un humain exceptionnel qui vous accueille toujours avec son sourire, répond à vos questions, se montre d'une grande disponibilité et inspire une grande confiance par son calme et ses connaissances/compétences. Après avoir réalisé une biopsie qui a révélé des cellules suspectes démontrant probablement un cancer, il m'a recommandé une ablation complète de la thyroïde. J'étais sous le choc et il a eu beaucoup d'empathie. J'ai suivi ses conseils, fort heureusement, car c'était bien cancéreux. Il a été mon chirurgien et a réalisé une belle cicatrice, très fine, en plus de préserver ma voix (perte de la voix étant une des conséquences possibles de l'opération). Il a assuré un excellent suivi, toujours avec le sourire. Merci Dr Payne de m'avoir sauvé la vie. Cette épreuve aurait été bien plus difficile avec un autre médecin, j'en suis sûre. Je vous en serai toujours reconnaissante et mon entourage aussi.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1560133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2013

Dr. Richard Payne is one of the greatest doctors and Human Beings I've ever met. I had thyroid surgery last year, he was all the time very clear, logic and positive. He took the time to explain me every step we were going to follow. Everything goes well now, the surgery was very successful (half of my thyroid was removed). I have to say I am a man, I was 43 years old when I had the surgery and I was very concerned about that growing thyroid nodule as well as the surgery... I remember every single word he said concerning my situation. I recommend this doctor... having a thyroid nodule is a though experience... however, consulting doctor Payne make things much easier.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1560132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

What a wonderful experience! (yes, even though it ended with surgery). Having had several experiences with surgery AND wonderful doctors/surgeons, I have to say Dr. Payne ranks very high on my list. Dr. Payne was knowledgeable, informative, through and gave me enough information for me to make an informed decision, which ended up being the RIGHT decision. To put the icing on the cake, his bedside manner is incredible. He is kind, soft spoken, always smiling and takes the time to answer all of your questions. I went into surgery with total confidence. He even went the extra mile to go over an existing scar to minimize the aesthetics effects to me . Thank you Dr. Payne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1560131].votes_count ]]