Dr. Barry Atack

Rate Dr. Barry Atack

Dr. Barry Atack's Ratings

I've been seeing Dr. Atack for my prenatal care and I could not be happier! He is a wonderful, compassionate and kind doctor. He thoroughly explains everything he does, from feeling for your uterus, to checking baby’s heartbeat. He takes the time to answer questions and I never feel silly for asking anything. I never feel rushed and I also never have to wait long to see him. (HUGE bonus, as most OB offices have CRAZY wait times!) He takes every precaution to ensure his patients are healthy and happy. I have recommended him to my expecting friends and they are gladly now his patients!! I cannot say enough amazing things about this wonderful OB/GYN!

Submitted April 13, 2014 | flag

Dr Atack left me in a fine mess. Signed papers for a hysterectomy and salpingooopherectomy. Waking up in recovery i was informed my ovaries were NOT removed. I asked to see him ASAP. Informed that he left for a "conference". While still recovering I tried Numerous times to call Dr Atack only to be told he no longer practised in London and had moved to Stratford. It took two years to get my ovaries out....i was borderline for cancer. Once speaking to some of his other female patients...it became apparent that Dr Atack has a HISTORY of leaving women "unfinished" Once the official paperwork was located at LHSC....they too agreed it was "shoddy work".My husband then brought me home an article he took from the London Free Press. It was about the fact Dr Atack had previously permanently injured a baby during birthing. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. WHY IS MOVING FROM LONDON TO STRATFORD TO NEWMARKET??????????? A GREAT Dr NEVER moves around like that. Do your research people.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

I found him to be a companionate and caring doctor. He has a very nice and polite personality, always cared to discus things and to explain clearly. Being a first time mother I had many questions, probably silly ones as well. He always patiently answered. Staffs were friendly and my appointments were always on time. I had a C-section, it was unexpected and I was lucky to have him on the hospital staff shift when I went there. I know he stayed way beyond his long shift, since the before, to do the operation himself. The operation went well, no complication afterward, what so ever. Overall, I believe his degree of his knowledge and skill, his professionalism, and his friendly and caring attitude gave me a peace of mind through the whole pregnancy/birth experience. I will go to him for future pregnancies and will definitely recommend him to others. Thank you Dr. Attack.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2010 | flag

Referred by MW after birth of a large baby. When I entered the office he was sitting in a chair by reception and never acknowledged me.Secretary was very polite. In the examining room he was very quiet and acted like he didn't know why I was there (even though it is in his notes from my Midwife). When I told him that I had a few large babies so far and what I was concerned about. He blurted out that he would take out my uterus! No reason why! When I asked him why would you do that? He said he uses the ligaments that hold the uterus up to hold the balder in place! I didn't say I wanted to take out my Uterus what is his problem!? Then he tells me that it is not guaranteed to work and if it does, it may not last long and may need more corrective surgery. I asked what were my other options.He said the only options are to put a very VERY large donut like thing in my vagina to hold things in place! But that is for old ladies he says!! No tests offered. Had to ask for an ultrasound!

Submitted Dec. 21, 2009 | flag

I had a very good experience with Dr. Atack and his staff. The secretary I saw was one of my favourite secretaries. She always had a smile, she was helpful, and she was very pleasant to deal with. Dr. Atack answered my questions, and went over my birth plan with me. Dr. Atack took every precaution to ensure me and my baby's safety. I was induced and delivered by another excellent OB/GYN; however, Dr. Atack did take the time to come and see how things went and how we were doing. I would recommend him, and would use him for future pregnancies.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2009 | flag

Excellent OB! I was in his care for the duration of my pregnancy and the birth of my daughter. He is a quiet man but very skilled in his field. I had a C-section and he was very reassuring and calming. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat! We are lucky to have you in Newmarket Dr.Atack!!

Submitted Sept. 9, 2009 | flag

Of all the OB/GYN doctor that has seen my during my pregnancy with Symphisys Pubis Separation. He's the only physician that was able to give me proper diagnosis and assessment. He was reassuring and knowledgeable and helpful. Wish he saw me 2 weeks ago when it all started and all my anxiety would have been avoided. He might be a man of few words but he's also a professor with lots of information.

Submitted June 19, 2009 | flag

I have had my bladder repair done after waiting 8 years with another doctor. Let me say this i would recommend Dr Atack to anyone! The proceedure was fast and it works! I thank him for giving me back my life.

Submitted June 10, 2009 | flag

Dr. Atack performed my partial hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. He was comforting to me before and after this procedure. Yes, he is quiet but he was also very caring each time that I spoke with him. My situation was emotional and difficult for me as I am 39 with no children. He was wonderful in the way that he handled this for me. The surgery was an abdominal surgery and the stitches and scar are fantastic. I'm not thrilled with his secretary but otherwise, I would highly recommend Dr. Atack. Thank you Barry for your compassion and great work.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. Donald Atack is an outstanding professional. Rarely have I seen a doctor that truly cares and busy as he is (and he is VERY busy), he takes the time to answer all your questions and address all the issues. After our miscarriage, he ensured that our next pregnancy had the necessary tracking to ensure everything was normal. We only have praise for him.Will definitely want him as our obstetrician for our babies to come

Submitted Feb. 13, 2009 | flag