You may also like

Rate Dr. Martin S. Cogen

Dr. Martin S. Cogen's Ratings

Our daughter was diagnosed with Duane's Syndrome at 9 months old. Dr. Cogen diagnosed her when our local physicians did not have a clue what was wrong. He did not want to rush into surgery but to let her eyes develop. He monitored her twice a year until he performed surgery on her eye when she was 8. Before the surgery, we would often hear people whisper that she was "cross-eyed". She had to deal with double vision at certain times and she had to tilt her head to one side in order to see what was in front of her. The surgery was more than successful, it was PERFECT! It completely and permanently corrected her gaze (the tilt) and "cross-eyed" look. Dr. Cogen was also incredibly encouraging to not only our daughter but to us her parents through the whole process. We saw Dr. Cogen once a year for 5 years after her surgery, then once every two years for a checkup. Our daughter is 18 now and just graduated from high school and was the Salutatorian of her class. She will be attending the University of Alabama in the fall on an academic scholarship. Her life was forever changed through her surgery. If we had never met Dr. Cogen, I am assured our daughter's life would have not been so full nor would she have been so successful. Dr. Martin Cogen was a God-send. We are forever thankful to him and for him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Cogen is very knowledgeable but doesn't have the best bedside manner to be working with children. Especially after surgery he is extremely "in and out" and not very caring about the results of the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2452005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr Cogen operated on my daughter's eye three years ago. She is doing great! Dr. Cogen did a wonderful job. He is very easy to talk to and he really cares about the children! My daughter now 9 yrs, LOVES him! I would recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2014

If you want the best for your child it's Dr. Cogan. This doctor and staff have been excetionable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

I was very unhappy my experience. Dr. Cogen is very knowledgable, but definitely should not be practicing in pediatric opth....very rude with children. I will not be returning. His nurse was also unpleasant and not accomodating to my child with special needs. Only worth the visit because he is knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr. Cogen performed surgery on my daughter's eyes 9 years ago for dystropia. He has been treating her since that time. She loves him, and I can't imagine trusting her to anyone else. He is very popular and books quickly, so make your appointment now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr. Cogen has been seeing our daughter since she was 2 months old for a cyst she was born with on her eye. He has been great so far. But yes he stays booked for up to 6 months at a time.... but this is because he is the BEST.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Not very personable. But he's the BEST ! I like his conservative approach rather than rushing right into surgery. Has been treating my son for 8 years. I would highly recommend him but be prepared to wait a while to get an appt. He stays booked sometimes 6 months in advance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

Dr. Cogen has been providing care for our son's vision since he was born at 32 weeks gestation.Words do not exist for the care and kindness this man has shown on both a professional and personal basis. My son is now three and looks forward to visiting Dr. Cogen at each check up. I would recommend him to all parents when looking for the best for their child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1567551].votes_count ]]