Rate Dr. K. George Thampy

Dr. K. George Thampy's Ratings

I decided after today I am wasting my time and money going to Dr. Thampy. He did bloodwork and a thyroid ultrasound. He said I have nodules on my thyroid and, regardless of having so many symptoms and problems associated with hypothyroidism, he will not treat. Just tells me to take vitamins! Obviously the year's worth of vitamins he keeps prescribing are not working. Meanwhile the problems associated with the thyroid are running rampant. So, if you don't mind waiting an hour plus beyond your appointment time every visit and you like taking high quantities of vitamins, I'd say run, don't walk to another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Dr. Thampy is the best doctor I have ever seen. I first met him in the hospital in September 2011. I had pancreatitis and he has taken over my pancreatitis and diabetes treatment. Regarding the complaints on this site (punctuality, bedside manner, and checking feet), Dr. Thampy's pre visit paperwork says your visit will be 2-3 hours (he got me out in just over 2). The exam room has a placard that says to remove your shoes upon entering the exam room and my feet were checked by his nurse. It also states that you are not to discuss other conditions and internet articles with the doctor and staff. He expects his patients to come prepared,follow his professional advice and I came ready with questions, ready to listen and to do what what I was told and I was treated very well by both the doctor and staff. I would recommend him to anyone with diabetes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2011

Dr. Thampy was the best doctor for my thyroid condition. He was very kind and took far more time than any other doctor to analyze my problem. His staff was extremely understanding and was ready to listen to every word I said. The waiting room is so comfortable that I almost wish I could have stayed - it is unlike any doctor's office! I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Thampy, he has really helped me in the short time I was a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2011

I have been going to him for many years now because he was the only one on my insurance. At first I thought he was wonderful. His staff acts as if they are afraid of him. The wait time to get into a room is short but you are left sitting in the room for over an hour. It is always at least a two hour visit. The Dr. spends very little time with you after the long wait and has yawned in my face before. He will say what can I do for you as if you are a new patient, and has never looked at your chart. If you owe a balance the staff will not let you schedule an appointment no matter what your condition. They do not return your calls and they always lose your prescriptions. There is always new staff therefore, no one knows anything. He has his family work in his office as if he cant afford to hire compitent employees. I have sent emails regarding the status of my condition in which where not returned. As well as the phone calls. I do not recommend this physician if you have a choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

After waiting a very long time in both the waiting room and his office I was told very little info about my thyroid problems. Told heres some papers get some blood work. Not told why. I had an ultrasound if my thyroid the nurse told me I had no normal tissue left, the dr didn't go into any detail as to what this meant or what I was to do. I called a few times with new symptoms I knew were related to my thyroid and was told they had nothing to do with my thyroid issues. Every resource I read told me other wise. I felt even if he was knowledgable he shared none of it with me. I ended up after several months if waiting for appts and in his office being diagnosed with what I diagnosed myself with 6 months earlier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

The nurse was very helpful and I felt that I was about to finally have the help I needed for my thyroid, until the doctor came in. Dr. Thampy had my test results and knew I had a low thyroid, but acted as if I was wasting his time. He said he believed I had a goiter, but he did not tell me what that would mean for my future. I feeling worse than ever and terrified of the new found goiter. I never went back. I do not recommend this doctor ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

I was a little worried after reading all of the derogatory comments. I have multiple problems that blew Dr. Thampy. He, however, took a deep breath and began to tackle my problems. He was kind. Although,I did have to ask several questions. As a nurse I knew which questions to ask which helped. You may want to research your conditions and print out some questions. I was not too set off with the initial cost as they spent 3 hours with me. the next visit will be $100 if self pay. For a specialist this is quite reasonable. The staff was kind and helpful. I felt very sick when I came into the ofice and they helped with bottled water and moved me to a back room quickly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2011

After waiting 2 weeks longer than expected to see Dr. Thampy, I was informed that there would be a $250. office fee to see him since I don't have insurance. When I tried to explain my situation to his office staff, they informed me that I would not be able to see him UNTIL I had that amount. When I was in the hospital, he told me I had Grave's Disease, however, I had to ask the staff to tell me what it was because he didn't. I asked him about whether or not to change my diet because he had mentioned that on our first meeting, and then he arrogantly said "no". He was rude and treated me and my husband like we were uneducated and beneath him. I will NEVER go to Thampy again. He told me nothing useful and I refuse to pay to be treated like that. I now have insurance and if he would've been decent, I would still see him. How rude he is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

This is by far the worst office ever!! I waited 4 hours to get in the room and then he was rude and arrogant. I never went back to his office again. I am now seeing Dr Bharathi Raju who is complete polar opposite of Dr Thampy. I am very happy now. Trust me dont waste your time seeing Dr Thampy he is a quack and you will regret it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

I am shocked at these positive reviews, my experience was totally different. The Dr did not explain things to me, and as I asked questions I felt very put off. His bedside manner is NON-existent. I am surprised to see such nice reviews for this Dr - In my experience I was treated more like a way to make money and less like a patient in need of help. He also talked poorly of the hospital in which he is associated with - perhaps he just rents a room in their building (?) That is something I plan on looking into. If you are looking for a thyroid Dr I would SERIOUSLY look elsewhere - This Dr is pushing removal after telling me it is working "perfectly"!! But when I had questions I was handed a card for a surgeon he knew - NOT answering my question. I was basically pushed out the door as the Dr seemed to be in a HUGE rush. I would hate for someone else to go through what I did. I have already spoke with the hospital in which he is associated in regards to my visit with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2128778].votes_count ]]