Rate Dr. Don Cameron

Dr. Don Cameron's Ratings

Was misdiagnosed by this Dr in Emergency and then given medication that worsened what was really going on in my brain. I survived to see another Neurologist. It's frightening for me to think what could be going on for other patients of his.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Always minimum 2 hour wait. Receptionist is always on the phone with her friends and can never get through when called. Dr. Gave incorrect dosage and when I tried to speak with him the receptionist simply said stop taking it your allergic. Which is not true.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

He doesn't listen.he examines me for 5 minutes and misdiagnosed me.he is money hungry doctor. He is old school and is not updated with current information.time for this doctor to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

I travel from Vancouver Island just to see Dr. Cameron. Excellent doctor, excellent reputation in the medical community. Because of this he is very busy and often runs late. I don't mind this as he gives everyone the time they need and don't rush you out the door. He is far too busy with brain and neurological injuries to deal with frivolous issues so I would question those who gave him a low rating as to why that really happened. According to many doctors, he is highly respected in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

Horrible man with a horrible disposition. He refused to let me accompany my sister into the consultation even though she has 50% hearing loss and trouble processing and remembering information. She is a well put together 60+ yr old professional woman and yet the first thing he said to her was that he wasn't going to give her pain meds so if that's why she was there, she could just leave. He refused to consider she had Lyme disease even though she brought him 3 positive tests plus 2 positive co-infections tests. He ordered no tests, did nothing for her. Latter tests showed she had reduced uptake on the sides and frontal lobe of brain done by a different Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

I think Doctor Cameron is a great doctor and very personable. The reason I gave a poor rating is his receptionist is horrible! I totally agree with others that stated they could not reach the office upon repeated calls yet when you go there and wait for your appointment his receptionist is constantly on the phone speaking persian to her friends. So let me repeat, SHE JAMS THE PHONE LINES WITH HER PERSONAL CALLS WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH YOUR NEUROLOGIST!!Extremely unprofessional and very disrespectful in person! Very poor service!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

I was very impressed with Dr. Cameron but not with his office staff. They were to book an MRI for me. I have never received notice of an appointment and have been unable to reach Dr. Cameron's office to advise them of this and to reschedule the follow-up appointment made at the time of my initial appointment. Very frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2012

I agree 100 percent with the comment about the lady who works the phone and front desk.... I called 3 X in one day no return call... So I showed up in person to make appointment. She was talking on the phone in farsh ( Persian ) to one of her friends... This web site is the best.... I hope my time with the dr will be better....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2011

i was told by dr cameron in front of my wife that i had a diagnosis of a brain stem injury by my symptoms and that i had to remain on a ventillator for the rest of my life, when i sleep.my wife and i were devastated altho we allready had our suspician of the diagnosis as i was allreaddy diagnosed as to having a brain injury allready.none the less i waited almost 2 months for consult letter to reach my docter after they had lost it to a floppy disc somewhere..and finnally my wife and i were completely shocked and coodnt beleive the letter said zero of what diagnosis he gave me in front of my wife/caregiver verbally in his office..instead he said on paper that i need to keep seeing my shrink and prob was a psychological issue..it was almost as if he was bullied into not giving me the right diagnosis or even the same verbal diagnosis in person.. we were shocked how a docter could actually do that to somebody..its not like dr cameron diagnosed me for a scraped elbow..wow..u shood retire

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1573064].votes_count ]]