Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle

Rate Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle

Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle's Ratings

Dr Lachapelle n'est pas méchante, mais elle est expéditive. Elle est souvent assez en retard, mais elle est compétente. Quand je me suis fait poser mon stérilet, j'ai eu beaucoup de douleurs, mais je suppose que c'est normal.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

My wife is 46, we are blessed to have Dr. Lachapelle, and we have no problem what so ever travalling over 200km, through Montreal Traffic, parking tickets etc to go see her. That just about says it.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2011 | flag

Dr. Lachapelle is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I was very lucky to get in and have her deliver my last baby. She is considerate, warm, and gives you time to speak out your concerns or fears. She is a real person and treats you like one too. When my baby had to go to NICU, I met her in the coridor on my way to see baby, and I broke down crying and she just hugged me. Can you imagine? That hug meant so much to me. She really makes the patient feel like she is taking care of you. I just love her. She is also almost perfectly punctual. I have never seen an ob/gyn as fast as that. Usually I would wait in other clinics for hours. She is very humble and hence operates with humility. Her secretary is kind and even her office and examining room is so clean and pleasant.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

I am extremely surprised at YOUR comments. I am sorry you had a bad experience, because I really believe she is an exceptionnal and caring doctor. The receptionnist may or may not have been hers, she shares the office with other doctors. Dr. Lachapelle has been my OBGYN for years and has seen me through 3 pregnancies. She has always been extremely caring and available, takes her time and listens. As far as the JGH, MOST nurses ARE wonderful. However, with every single one of my deliveries, there were some nurses who were rude, one did not know how to start an IV and bruised me so bad another nurse had to do it. One intern basically abandonned me while I was delivering a stillborn baby, and the nurse at night left me alone, in pain. Overtime would not have changed this. I don't know why Dr. Lachapelle would have said that about the staff, maybe she found a mistake and was upset. Her support has made all the difference for me. I really think you got it wrong with Dr. Lachapelle.

Submitted March 5, 2011 | flag

I am surprised at all the positive comments. maybe people who are unhappy with this doctor don't write in. First, the receptionnist is rude and is unhappy when you ask for appointments. The highly rated doctor, well, she is probably the most unprofessional person I have ever seen. I delivered my baby at the JGH with a different doctor and was extremely happy with the care, especially that of the nursing staff. For this pregnancy, I had dr lachapelle and while in the waiting room, I was offended to over hear her comment about how "studpid" the nursing staff and doctors are that she works with. These are people that stayed overtime for my last delivery. My husband had bad vibes from her from the start, I have switched since and could not be happier.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

Dr. Lachapelle is amazing. She is very resourceful. She followed me throughout my preganacy. i couldn't ask for better..

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

Dr. LaChapelle is the best doctor I have ever come in contact with. She is respectful and considerate and will always take you seriously. I must say that I look forward to each visit. She was great with my first pregnancy and is now doing the same good job with my second. Montreal needs more such doctors around! And Erin is the best secretary anyone could hope for both to the doctor and to the pateints!

Submitted July 20, 2009 | flag

Dr. Lachapelle is an amazing person. She is so dedicated and passionate about her work and patients. I am so proud to tell my sons who brought them into this world. I had two miscarriages--but Lachapelle took the time to run specific tests, was always optimistic and determined to see me pregnant again. My second full term pregnancy was very complicated, but Lachapelle's competency reassured me. I could write about this Doctor forever--even after a 2-3 day shift, she has a smile on her face--excellent Doctor and person.

Submitted May 7, 2009 | flag

Thank you Dr Lachapelle for your kindness, professionalism, for sharing your experience as a woman whenever it can help your patient and for making the good times even better and the bad times oh so much easier.

Submitted May 3, 2009 | flag

I have always felt lucky to be one of Dr. Lachapelle's patients. She takes the time to listen (really listens) and is encouraging and supportive. I was very lucky to have her deliver our beautiful daughter (now 2), and lucky to have her support and knowledge during my last pregnancy, in which, saddly, our baby died. It was a very difficult experience, but would have been much more difficult without her help. Dr Lachapelle is obviously very devoted to helping women and doing her job to the very best of her abilities. The care and concern she shows her patients are exemplary. I am so grateful that she is my OBGYN.

Submitted March 25, 2009 | flag