Rate Dr. Michael J. Horwath

Dr. Michael J. Horwath's Ratings

Solid endo. However dealing with the staff is a pain. I had to reschedule one appointment because of a suicide of a friend. After calling to reschedule
they flatly said they were not going to attempt to reschedule me in a very pissy tone. After explaining they situation they said their was nothing they could do and still refused to reschedule the appointment and attempted to charge me
for it. Obviously left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. After trying to come in to schedule an appointment and refill me meds they said the next available appointment wasn't until 6 months until now. When I asked how to get a refill they told me to find another doctor to do it because they wouldn't.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2648296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I have been going to Dr Michael Horwath nine years. I am very pleased with the care I receive. He takes time to listen to my concerns and help me sort them out. I would recommend him to friends and love ones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Have been a patient of Dr Horwaths for years. The overwhelming negative comments onthe staff are very accurate. A friend of mine stopped going because of the staff's rudeness. As we all know, it's a pain to look for another doc, so I just keep going once a year. I never look forward to calling bcuz i know it'll be a challenge to ask for anything. Dr. Horwath has been a good doc for me, but I can surely see what others say negatively about him. He can seem indifferent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2618245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Great Doctor, however, his front desk staff are rude and very unavailable!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Terrible doctor! Stay away! I waited several month in order to see him. I was thinking that he would help me with hypothyroid symptoms. I told his that I experienced bad fatigue, insomnia, numbness in my left arm, every day headache and awful hair loss. I showed him my lab results that was made 6 months before. My TSH was normal at that time, but my T4 and T3 was low. He didn't pay attention at all. He said my thyroid was fine. He even didn't retest me. And he sent me away. I was suffering another several month thinking that "professional doctor" could not make a mistake. What a fool I was. Then I found another doctor who immediately put me on Armour Thyroid. In 3 week I was normal alive person again. My hair loss stopped, my insomnia improved together with other symptoms. Shame on you Dr. Horwath! Because of you I was suffering a lot, and I am a single mom. I could barely took care of my son. I am so happy I found a real doctor now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2129612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I called Dr. Horwath office for an appointment. Got to speak to a curt receptionist who talks like she is doing patients a favor by speaking to them. She gave me an appointment for July 31 when I call in on Feb 2. Such a long wait for this doctor..really? plus she asked me to give my credit card number to keep on file till the appointment. I simply stated i am uncomfortable having my credit card information sit in her files for 5 months until the appointment, she bluntly stated there is nothing she can do about it. There is gotta be something illegal about her request. I simply hung up on her, her terrible attitude annoyed me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2129611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

I've been sitting on the fence as to whether or not to find a new endo. I'm kinda of indifferent about Dr. Horwath. I feel like I'm just in a holding pattern. A few years back I had breast reduction (something that had nothing to do with my thyroid) and that is all that he seems to want to discuss all these years later. It's kinda creepy and I feel like he's a dirty old man. Where most docs can take my blood pressure if I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt by just having me push up the sleeve, this doc wants me to take my arm out of the sleeve. Now I only wear short sleeved shirts regardless of how cold it is outside. I don't feel he really listens and although I started out with a good relationship with his staff, over the years they have become distant and unfriendly. Sometimes impatient and rude. The worst part is that they refuse to enter into the 21st century and have no email or website or anything electronic so you can only speak to them during office hours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2129610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

won't see me for 6 months. I had a cat scan and I am extremely ill. His receptionist was playing the doctor roll. Keep clear!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2129609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2011

I've been his patient for the past several years. In my opinion, Dr. Horwath is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2129608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Have been seeing Dr. H. for years, he is very nice, but hasn't really addressed my weight gain or my shortness of breath (both after my thyroid was removed). Thinking about trying a new doc. I have ALWAYS found his office staff to be nasty. There are signs all over the office with instructions, (so they don't have to talk to you).

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2129607].votes_count ]]