Rate Dr. Alan M. Hirahara

Dr. Alan M. Hirahara's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. H by a surgeon that tried to fix my shoulder. I was told that I would probably never be able to use my arm again. But after two more surgeries and 6 years I am at nearly 95%. Thanks to prayer and Dr. H i am better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2387148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr H had been my surgeon for the last 6 years. After having been operated on by 3 different surgeons over the years (knee and shoulder injuries from various sports), he's now the only surgeon I'm willing to go into the OR with. He tells it like it is, does not sugar coat anything. He'll give you all the options, including the risks with each option and let you make the decision. He does a very good job explaining all aspect of the injury/recovery if you ask. I'm not going to lie and say every surgery went exactly as planned, I've had complications due to genetics that forced me to go back under the knife again, but every time, Dr H was on top of it and had a game plan. He is confident, responsive, and will always recommend what is in my best interest. Also, I've never had any issues with getting a timely appointment (usually within 48-72 hours) after an injury.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2013

Great doctor. Listened well and quickly got tests and information to get diagnosis. Had guided PRP injection into shoulder and after rehab returned to playing varsity baeball and college scholarship pain free. After months of pain,and unsuccessful treatments with negative effect on sport and activities, was thrilled to get to Dr Hirahara with his knowledge and understanding of throwing athletes. Would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

I was referred to Dr.Hirahara by another Ortho doctor was unable to fix my shoulder due to a work place injury. I found his office and staff to be wonderful. Including Kyle from RESULTS PT. I had a second surgery to fix the injury and found out the original injury was still damaged. I would definitly use him again. His assistant Holly is amazing as well. I currently am scheduled to have an additional surgery to correct the original repair from the other doctor. I have so much more movement that previously. As for the negative comments, you cant please everyone. But this physician is awesome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

amazing skill. treats his patients with respect and compassion. repaired a labral tear for me. made every effort to help me understand the procedure and recovery time. shoulder is great. highly recommend this physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Excellent doctor. Great surgery and follow up. No complications. Sooo glad I had the shoulder surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2010

Dr. Hirahara came highly recommended to me by another one of my Ortho. surgeons. I like his confidence and the fact that he can diagnose issues in lightning speed. He's quite personable and he amazes me at how many patients he's able to see daily. As well as the number of surgeries he performs each year. Anyone considering Dr Hirahara should not hesitate. The poor review that is listed here does not truly represent the Dr and his skills. Just remember there will always be someone that is quick to blame a Dr for complications. Everyone is different in the way they heal, following a proper P/T schedule, etc. In my eyes.....Dr Hirahara is the bomb!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

2 surgeries on the same shoulder and still I have chronic pain. Going in for another surgery next month (with a different doctor of coarse). He is very confident but perhaps not very skilled. All I know is that I am worse not better after 2 surgeries from this doctor. I WOULD NOT recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][587700].votes_count ]]