Rate Dr. James Houston

Dr. James Houston's Ratings

I have had no Dr. In Brc for close to 10 yrs, all my children had left the nest so with my Nursing back ground I took a Preventitive Saftey Job w/ a major oil company in Alberta, so for many years I was in the field for 3 wksand out for one and would usually stay in AB on days, gave up my family Dr. And never had any issues that a walk in clinic could not resolve ! Dec 10 of last year I was diagnosis w/ cancer...... I had no family Dr. Doctor, for 7 mos I went through 2 surgeries and Chemo and having to go to walk in clinic, I fell through the cracks and was in and out of hospital. I was referred to Dr. Houston and he has taken right over my pain management and general care..... He is amazing and incredibly understanding, thank Dr. Houston and your amazing& staff :)

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

I went to the clinic in despair after having been ill treated by many arrogant and dismissive doctors in Victoria, and no GP's available. I was so lucky to get Dr. Houston. I wanted him to take me off all meds gradually so I wouldn't have to deal with any more doctors, ever. Dr. Houston wondered what would happen to me if the meds I have been taking for 50 years were taken away and I said I didn't care, just would let whatever happens happen, as long as I could avoid Victoria doctors. He gave me an alternative way to continue with necessary meds w/o going through the same old stressful routine over and over and I left feeling so fortunate that I happened to get him when I was most desperate and he helped me with an easy and wonderful manner. I feel so blessed to have found him. I could have kissed his feet. He gets more stars than 5 from me. I'm giving him 10**********.

Submitted July 26, 2014 | flag

I met Dr.James G.Houston on Friday the 6.2013 at the walk in clinic on Yates Street Victoria.As I recall it was my first visit with him.I explained to him I wanted my ear wax removed and said my left ear drum was ruptured 10 years ago.I asked him to be very careful and that I am afraid it would happen again.In the past I had the ears cleaned every year once and the doctors were very cautious about it and made it sure it did not happen again.Dr. Houston started the cleaning on my weak ear and ruptured my ear drum right away.The pain was incredible and after I reacted in pain he asked me what ear the weak was ?!? I was sure something bad happened and asked the doctor to look inside my just cleaned ear if it was ruptured and he said no.I asked him to look again.He said everything was ok.I left with great pain and went to my physician who said to me the left ear was ruptured again.And easy to see.Dr.Houston did not tell me the truth and I am very disappointed with him.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

James has been my doctor for 27 years. He has always been very helpful and patient. I love that he is open to alternative medicine. Best Doc in town.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2010 | flag

Amazing doctor, lucky to have him around. very knowledgeable and helpful in both western and other types of medicine.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2009 | flag

Dr. Houston has been my Doctor for over 10 years. Dr. Houston is an action-taker and gets me the care I need in a timely manner. He does not mess around with any symptom that could be a potential risk. He orders tests for everything I need. yes, it has become more difficult to see him, but there are fewer doctors, more patients, and they are all burning out. I would pay top dollars for his care in a private clinic. He needs to be treated better by all, I think.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2009 | flag

I just met Dr. Houston through a walk-in clinic. He is fabulous. I have worked within the health care system for more than 20 years and I know good health care delivery when I see it. My faith in Victoria's local care system has been restored by this one gentleman alone. Very caring, knowledgable and easy to talk with.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2009 | flag

James has known my family for over 40 years and has been a fantastic doctor to us all. You can't ask for a better doctor.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2009 | flag

I had been going to every doctor I could find to help me, and until I met James no one gave me the time of day. As a young seemingly healthy female, I got turned away over and over as having nothing wrong, or being told it was mental, or just a completely wrong diagnoses and no continued support. He is a wonderful doctor, and also knows the best people to refer you to. Thanks to his help I am finally get answers after a number of years. Betty, his receptionist, is also exceptionally friend, even though she is up to her eyeballs every time I am in there.

Submitted June 15, 2009 | flag

I stumbled upon Dr Houston at a walk-in clinic where I've been going because I can't get a GP in Victoria. I've had a huge number of mysterious symptoms for quite a few years and have been feeling terrible, even stopping work over it, but have never had a doctor really take time to think over my complicated situation. Having this appointment with Dr Houston was incredible, like going back in time 50 years - he was very patient, interested and thoughtful, and never made me feel like I was troubling him or making something out of nothing (often a feeling at the busy walk-in clinics, where there's no history of you, despite busy doctors' best efforts). I've now seen him a few times and he is really helping me get to the bottom of things. The feeling of relief on finding him is overwhelming. I am so grateful to you, Dr Houston!

Submitted May 13, 2009 | flag