Dr. Paul J. Tortolani

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Paul J. Tortolani has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

08/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 3632066
14/12/13 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. T to be Competent and knowledgable, kind and easy to talk to about my spine surgery. I had two rods and twelve screws implanted to straighen my severely curved spine last year. I have experienced discomfort at the most and am able to walk without falling down! I am a 56 year old wan
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Paul" to "Paul J."
RID: 2756732
07/08/13 5 5 5 5 I have seen this doctor off and on for ten years now for mild scoliosis and currently minor stress fracture. He has always been great, nice, caring, knowledgeable, on time, patient, most of all he listens. Explains everything fully. He has never rushed. Love the staff at lutherville office. Xray done in house with instant explanations.  Respond
RID: 2574006
01/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tortolani performed a discectomy on my l4-5 & s1 in March of 2012. He took the time to explain the entire procedure in depth and our concerns. To this day I am so grateful Dr. T operated on me. I wouldn't want anyone else to touch my back. Everyone has commented on how fast the recovery was. Thanks again Dr. Tortolani, I am forever grateuful to you & your staff.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1657874
10/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Tortolani performed a 2 level discectomy (C5/C6, C6/C7)and procedures to clean bone spurs and alleviate nerve pressure. The surgery was a huge success, and Dr. Tortolani took the time to explain everything about the procedure and he was an extreme pleasure to deal with throughout the process. I would strogly recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1337953
16/01/11 5 4 5 5 I went to Dr. Tortolani after a prominent neurosurgeon messed up my back, then refused to do fusion. Dr. Tortolani was referred to me by six of my doctors. After seeing him, he explained everything in detail to me, what was wrong, and how he could correct it. He will spend as much time with you as needed. He's personable, the most caring doctor I have ever had in my life. He did my lower back fusion, and I my back has never been better. I just love this doctor for all he's done for me, and continues to do for me. He's now taking care of my cervical neck problems.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1271270
14/10/10 5 5 5 5 I hesitated taking old exrays of my back fusion but Dr. Tortolani thanked me because they helped him compare those to current pics to help diagnose the problem. Spent over 45 minutes talking, asking questions, examining, explaining exrays and prognosis. Very patient and extremely knowledgeable. Personable and very highly recommended.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 771936
24/01/09 5 5 5 5 My husband had a spinal infection and we were referred to him for back surgery. We were very impressed with him. He explained the entire surgery in detail and had an excellent bedside manner. My husband was in surgery over 10 hours and after surgery came out and explained what he had done. If you are looking for a spinal surgeon who is great then I highly recommend him.
Insurance: MAMSI