Rate Dr. John A. Repicci

Dr. John A. Repicci's Ratings

I am 59 years old, and had sought out Dr. Repicci as the inventor if the partial knee replacement to see if I was a candidate. Unfortunately, I was not, so got a full knee replacement from Dr. Repicci.
His practice has been assembled from a team of veterans, all with extensive experience. They are very focused on knees and hips, and do them very, very well. Even their home Rehab Therapists have been with them for years.
They believe in an aggressive therapy approach, as it produces more mobility and faster healing, when followed correctly. Three days after the knee replacement, as I was discharged for home therapy, I had achieved 96 degrees of bending in the knee - an amazing number.
They perform the surgeries in Kenmore Mercy, the recipient of multiple national awards for joint replacement excellence.
Today is one week to the day since my surgery, and I have already transitioned off the walker and on to the cane. The home therapy is wonderful, as opposed to a rehab institution. I feel much better in my bed and in my home.
If you are considering a full or partial knee replacement in the Buffalo area, I would definitely recommend Dr. Repicci or Dr. Romanowski. So glad I went with their practice.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

I'am currently 43 years old I have had a total of 3 surgeries with Dr. Repicci and what a difference in my life it has made. I had a scope on one which resulted in getting a unicompartmental knee replacement and my other knee needed 2 unicompartmental knee.
Now I have been total of 4 years with these wonderful knees and exercising living life again.
Thank You Dr. Repicci for giving my life back and taking a chance on a 39 year old needing knee replacement. WHich by the way no other Doctor cared enough about my well being until I met you and your staff. I will do my best to cherish these knee with all that I am.
Thank You.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Took my parent for a followup appointment. The receptionists and assistants were kind and helpful. The doctor was 30 minutes late. Got to hear him complain to his staff before coming in. The man couldn't even look to see when his surgery had been (less than a week prior.) My father tried to ask him a question about another health condition which was being effected by the new knee, couldn't even listen or recommend him to a PT or someone who could help. In fact, he blatantly cut him off mid sentence and said "see you in a month." Previously when my father tried to ask a question his response had been "Tell me what kind of degree do you have?" I work in public health and have never seen a professional so dismissive to his patients.

Submitted July 30, 2014 | flag

My mother went in for partial knee replacement. when they went in they said she needed a full and proceeded to install a replacement to large now she falls all the time and she is 83. Her second knee was done by dr stube and everything was perfect. She is too afraidto be put through the wringer at this point in her life to do anything about it:(

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag

I had my partial replacements 10 years ago. I'm worried because they are at their lifespan, yet, they feel as good as new. I forget I have them. If I overdo the stair walking I might get a little pain, but otherwise they are fine. They will last well past 10 years. I'm 70 now. My recovery time was painful because I have a low pain threshold, but I'm more than please with their longevity.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2012 | flag

Had partial knee done October 2011. Had problems immediatly following. Went back after 3 weeks and he suggested a cortesone shot. He placed a paper towel on the floor, put latex gloves on, did the injection. It bled a little from the injection and he picked up the paper towel off of the floor and dabbed the blood away before applying a bandaid. We were astonished. Went to another surgeon who removed the partial and installed a total. He stated if it wasn't for Dr. Repicci you would only need half as many surgeons in Western New York. He usually sees his patients after 2 years not 4 months which was my case.

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag

Had a left knee arthroscopy in Feb. 2010 for torn menisus. I woke up from surgery with the same pain and limitation I had before the procedure was done. Suffered for months with poor response from Dr. Respect. I had multiple injections by his Physician Assistance Kelly Jordan that were extremely painful. During the 5th and last one, I was screaming, crying and begging her to withdraw the needle. She refused and continued to prob. I left sobbing and dragging my leg out the door. I never went back and found another Orthopedic surgeon, who repeated the MRI. That showed persistent horizontal posterior meniscus tear, the same that showed before my first surgery, but now an additional vertical tear and a piece had broken off and floating in the joint. My second arthroscopy was done in August 2010. When I woke up the pain was gone, and after Rehab movement back to normal. I wrote to Dr. Repecci about this issue and found him totally unwilling to accept any responsibility for his lack of care

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

Hopefully you'll never need to speak totheir office after hours!!!! They don't return call!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

My mother had a partial knee replacement a few months ago with nothing but troubles from him, he kept telling her she was fine recently to find out she is NOT. Infection in knee, excruciating pain since, and keep getting sent home with no help. Now it looks like another hospitalization. You decide....

Submitted Jan. 20, 2011 | flag

Excellent. Thorough. Technically great. Great bedside manners. A doctor's doctor!

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag