Dr. Kevin D. Sumida

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Kevin D. Sumida has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kevin" to "Kevin D."
RID: 2553151
07/02/13 5 5 5 5 I'm 64 years old. Tore meniscus in my left knee while playing tennis. Dr. Sumida was recommended to me by my neighbor, an active runner, who had similar problem. The procedure took about 40 min. The whole visit to the Arlington Hospital took around 3 hr. Was told by doctor that I can put weight on my knee immediately after, but was afraid to do it. Used crouches 1st day, a cane on a 2nd day and was slowly walking without help starting on a 3rd day. Did not have any pain and did not took any painkillers thru the whole ordeal and start playing tennis 6 weeks after the surgery. Could not be more pleased with Dr. Sumida and his staff. Everything was very professional and on-time - which is rare nowdays. Would highly recommend Dr. Sumida to everyone with the knee problems.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2417657
05/09/12 5 5 5 5 I am a complicated case, having seen over 10 different Orthopaedic surgeons in 3 different countries over the last few years for knee issues. I can say without a doubt that Dr. Sumida is top notch and the very best OS that I have seen. He did a meniscus trim and revision ACL reconstruction on me and while I have had some ups and downs, he has been very professional, patient and encouraging. After surgery he called me to find out how I was doing, which was a nice surprise....in my previous surgeries with other doctors that had never happened. My overall experience with him could not be any better - I highly recommend Dr. Sumida and will continue to see him for any future orthopaedic issues.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1334361
12/01/11 2 3 5 5 Excellent bedside manner, very knowledgeable, and willing to take off the "orthopedist hat" when symptoms suggest another diagnosis. By that, I mean he doesn't assume everything is an orthopedic/mechanical problem, and he's not eager to slice up your knee if it could be something else. I would recommend him to anyone. As far as office staff goes, they're not rude but they're not what's I'd call overly friendly or helpful, and you may be on hold for a while if you call in. And as for punctuality, the nurse may get you in a room after you've waited for a while, but I'd recommend bringing a boook with you--you might wait in the room for a while. Not a big deal, though. I think the most I've waited in a room was 30 minutes, never as long as an hour. Again, I cannot overstate Dr. Sumida's manner with patients: humorous, calming, and reassuring.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1147793
12/04/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sumida performed my ACL reconstruction. He's awesome. Very helpful, he's friendly in visits but I liked his professional/down-to-business approach on surgery day. I'd rather see my surgeon with his game face on than not. He was very understanding of how quickly I wanted to get back to sports. Can't say enough good stuff!
Insurance: United Healthcare