Rate Dr. Richard Schaeffer

Dr. Richard Schaeffer's Ratings

The Best! The most compassionate and sensitive doc I've encountered. Also the smartest person I've ever met. A wizard with drugs. Very Personable and easy to talk to.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

Good and thorough but can seem abrupt. Skills/care offered are limited to arrangement with insurance companies, essentially limited to prescribing and monitoring medication. Son (patient) accepted him. They connected and son slowly opened up beyond "yes, no, or okay" answers. Once we got used to style, as parent, I learned what to observe thoroughly, when to say it and how to describe it or ask a question. Dual to triple issues were observed in child and addressed as grew up. Medication was adjusted / changed based on reaction, progress and observation. Regardless of doctor - Thorough parent observation of patient behavior was critical to proper care and treatment. Casual or little patient observation to report back did no good and perhaps harmed treatment. We regret he had to retire.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Schaefer is a great doctor, and I am saddened by his illnes, and retirement. I am praying for him and he transitions into the next chapter of his life.

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

I appreciated the way he gave background on the chemical problem and how the medication can help. He is very knowledgable.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2010 | flag

The best psychiatrist I have ever been to. Does thorough data-gathering and analysis before giving his opinion.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag