Dr. Jack A. Shohet

Doctor (M.D.)

Location:
Newport Beach, California Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: eardoctor.org External Link
Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Jack A. Shohet has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5483535
17/05/14 5 3 5 5 Dr. Shohet epitomizes what a physician should be. I've been a patient for just over 2 years and grow to love this practice more each time I visit. From his office staff (who greet me by name when I walk in and email me periodically just to check in) to his caring audiologists (who are knowledgeable in their field and genuinely sweet) to his own expertise and excellent bedside manor, you could not ask for a better medical experience. I've experienced some complications during my time as a patient, but Dr. Shohet has always been available immediately and has gone above and beyond in follow up care. I trust him completely and recommend him wholeheartedly.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 4864827

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.6  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jack" to "Jack A."
RID: 2612335
09/04/13 4 3 2 2 The low ceiling and dim lights made grandpa anxious. Doctor Shohet took his wax out but talked to him like he was a young child. The prices for their hearing aids were exorbitant and one fell out when he would eat but we found out one day too late we could return them.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2611640
08/04/13 4 2 1 2 Minor surgery he did on my husband's ear didn't work to fix his hearing at all and it was expensive. Dr. Shohet wouldn't give us the time of day like it was my husbands fault as a failure from surgery. Dad went in for his plugged up surfers ear nodules Dr Shohet took one look and said to see another ear Dr. because his HMO contract didn't cover it enough or he doesn't do them. It was such a short visit I'm not sure which.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 787591
11/02/09 3 5 5 5 Dr Shohet is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and professional. I had 3 visits and I was seen within 5 minutes of my scheduled appointment time each time. His medical assoicates are also very professional and friendly. My condition was diagnosed expertly and I was very pleased with the results. I would highly recommend this doctor and his subordinate medical staff. Only downside was the receptionist, who seems preoccupied and aloof.  Respond