Rate Dr. William Murphy

Dr. William Murphy's Ratings

I'm a patient of Doctor Murphy's. I've been diagnosed with Chiari Malformation. I've been trying to contact his office for the last week and have left several messages, but no one has gotten back to me. I'm happy that, after a five-year struggle with the disease, Dr. Murphy finally correctly diagnosed it. But his office is very unresponsive. When will I hear from them?
I'm a young mother, trying to raise three young children, while dealing with this terrible disease. I know now that there is a solution and I'm ready for surgery or whatever is required. Please help me!
Rachel Metcalfe

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr Murphy is an amazing doctor. He is honest, and very open to conversation so that I am better able to understand my Epilepsy. His staff are excellent. As far as some of the comments about him not being on time for every appt, although that can be true, he's a specialist with a long list of patients. He has never rushed me through an appointment. If I need extra time with him he is committed to servicing my needs and offering me comfort and information. That would obviously put him behind for his next appointment but I respect that he is committed to taking care of his patience rather than rushing them out the door. I am thankful that I have access to him. Knowledgable and professional and in high demand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2012

Best physician I have ever met. Amazing mind and even after many years is very attentive to the needs of his patients . I never mind if he occasionally runs late. It is just because someone needed him a bit longer & I would receive the same attention if needed. I would rather wait for Dr Murphy than see anyone else sooner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

I think Dr. Murphy is very knowledgable and has helped me out sooo much!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

I am not impressed with having to waiting 2 monthsz to get my resultts from Dr Murphy and he did not even look at them until he was in the room with us and now is supposely sending me to another specialist how long of a wait this time for him to send paperwork

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

I have been going through neurological sympotoms for nearly 5 months. Starting with my extremeties constantly falling asleep, an abnormal gait and now a dead spot on my leg. Dr Murphy seemed to make up his mind on me before he even saw me. He hasnt done another scan or anything since my symptoms worsened since June. Told me yesterday that my biggest problem was my weight gain (I have gained 40 lbs with being on neuroinhibbitors and being unable to walk but im still only 185. Not small but not obese ...) Said he wouldnt do any more tests on me. Basically he gave up on me. Im 24 and cant walk without a cane .. and apparently its because Im fat. I am finding another neurologist for a second opinion .... Very hurtful, late, rude and seemed to already make up his mind about me before he even looked at me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2011

I found that this docter whas the most helpful given the conditon that I had. He was a little lat for the apointment, but given the fact that I have worked in the medical field for many years,I can appreciate the fact the previous patients can take more than the alloted time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

Get a different Dr if you want to have someone upto date with current ways of treating Epilepsy! This guy has no idea of what to do in 2010! He is always late...By alot. Does not KNOW what patient he is even seeing have the time. He has had to look down at his sheets(file) to remeber my name!! My dr, not knwing my name...Yikes. If you have epilepsy, it should be upto you to try what medication you want.He does not let you! Having epilepsy is hard enough, get a dr that can help, not make thing worse as he has done for my life!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2010

Saved my life! Works with my family, and keeps us all informed. Monitors my condition closely. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2010

Dr Murphy is very knowledgeable at his profession. I was very impressed by his bedside manner and the time he took with me. I never felt rushed or unimportant. I would highly recommend Dr. Murphy. He has referred me to another doctor because my diagnosis is not originally what we thought and I will now go on to see a neurosurgeon. I have great faith in Dr.Murphy's referral.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628339].votes_count ]]