Dr. Karl W. Diehn

Doctor (M.D.)

Location:
Towson, Maryland Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website:
Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Karl W. Diehn has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Karl" to "Karl W."

05/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "BALTIMORE" to "Towson"
RID: 2379121
18/07/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Diehn is a wonderful doctor. I have been a patient since 1986. I have moved to Georgia two years ago, but Dr. Diehn is the only ENT doctor that I trust. I make a yearly check-up appointment and travel 12 hours to see him. He is worth every mile!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2155603
22/05/12 3 1 3 3 After waiting over an hour, we saw Dr. Diehn for about five minutes, during which time he rushed us and answered multiple questions with "I don't know" or "there's no way to know that" (I was hoping for at least an educated guess from someone who'd been through med school and has been practicing medicine for several decades). Without weighing the pros and cons of doing a surgical procedure on my child--and without being able to give a diagnosis--he said casually, "just bring her back in a month and we'll do the procedure." (???!!!) He was pleasant enough and very sweet to my child, but we left the appointment with no more answers than when we arrived.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 1394969
23/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Diehn is excellent. I am a registered nurse and have worked with many ENT specialists and he is the best. He has performed surgeries ( sinus, adenoid, etc) on my husband and 2 children and he is excellent. GBMC is great as well.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 749359
24/12/08 5 5 5 5 Physician seems concerned and listens to your complaints. Physician is thorough with his exam. Will call you back when you leave a message. His nurse practitioner was also very efficient and concerned and I got excellent treatment from her. I was impressed when I was given a same day appointment because of my complaints. I was seen 5 minutes before my actual apointment time. The secretary Amy was extremely pleasant to speak with.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield