Rate Dr. Benito A. Alvarez

Dr. Benito A. Alvarez's Ratings

Great doctor! He discovered a very rare condition while I was pregnant and successfully helped me manage without any complications. Communication between him and maternal fetal medicine doctors was great! He was very personable, and was very attentive and quick to follow up with calls. I felt very comfortable with him, and during the C-section he made me very comfortable as he explained everything going on while he was doing it. Patients are lucky to have him, and the students he teaches are lucky to learn from him. He is very popular so especially if pregnant I would suggest making all of your appts. for the 9 months up front because a couple times I ran into scheduling conflicts and could not see him.

Submitted June 3, 2013 | flag

Please be very careful if you are seeing this doctor. He failed to diagnose my preeclampsia. I had protein in my urine and he made the call not to take the baby early. I am still suffering the consequences of this mistake. I will never be the same.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Alvarez may be personable as many of the comments suggest, but he does not have the knowledge needed to be an OB. Ask him what he knows about petocin or cervidil and you will find out that he knows nothing about these two drugs although he administers them on a regular basis. He has no understanding of their side effects and fails to warn his patients of the severe side effects that these drugs may cause. I chose my doctors based on their skill level and knowledge and not their friendliness.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2012 | flag

very knowledgeable and nice and allowed adequate time for asking questions

Submitted Jan. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr Alvarez is a life saver. He is the best doctor I ever seen.Thank you very much!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

This is the BEST doctor ever!! I want him to be my doctor for everything.. I don't have one bad thing to say. He is too nice, caring, and takes his time with you.... You will LOVE him

Submitted July 27, 2010 | flag

Dr. Alvarez is great. He is not just a doctor but a friend. He runs late but when you are with him he makes you feel you are the only one his mind. He is compassionate, fun, supportive and knowledgable. Highly recommended.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2010 | flag

Thank you Dr. Alvarez and staff. You all are wonderful. I wish you much success in your on going careers and lives. Take care.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2009 | flag

I was treated by Dr. Alvarez, and he was the most compassionate, caring person that I have ever dealt with. I say "person", because he treated me like a person.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2009 | flag

He was one of the most caring physician's I have ever seen before. He was compansionate and very knowledgable. I had a very hard time trusting another doctor after a previous physician had diagnosised me after seeing Dr. Alvarez he put my faith back into doctors again. He is truley wonderful!!:-) And all of his staff is curteous and polite:-)

Submitted May 26, 2009 | flag