Dr. Yvonne Vasilie

Rate Dr. Yvonne Vasilie

Dr. Yvonne Vasilie's Ratings

Horrible doctor. Rude and condescending.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

As a new patient of Dr Vasilie I can say that I am very pleased, she is always smiling and is very nice to me. The staff is great too.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2014 | flag

I was transferred to Dr. Vasilie for the last month of my pregnancy by my OB/GYN. I only went to the clinic once and though I waited for a long time, I can't say if it is always the case there. My last appointments were at the ambulatory center of the hospital and I never waited more than 15 minutes. I found her nurse and receptionist to be great. Though it is true that the appointments are not long (I assume she checks what needs checking) she will take the time to sit down and talk to you if there is an issue. She is a very busy doctor and has lots of patients so don't expect her to spoon-feed you information. She will, however, gladly answer any questions you do have.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2012 | flag

This doctor its awful. my water broke at 21weeks and when Finally it came time to push she kept talking abuot a flight she needed to catch in 30mins. also when i tried to get answers as why it happened she just said its just something that happens sometimes(great explaination) and that i could try again in a few months. most useless person i ever met. My son came out breach and once we got to his head i had a lot of problems but because she was in such a rush instead of letting my try on my own she stuck her around up me to get him out. Agh what a waste of time she was. Not with Dr.Thomassin at Lasalle and absouletly love her. Do not see Vasilie unless you have absouletly no choice.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2012 | flag

Submitted June 29, 2012 | flag

I saw her first when I was pregnant with my daughter back in 2007. I began dilating early in my pregnancy she said if i made it to 34 weeks we would not stop the labor. Well at exactly 34 weeks I went into false labor. The Ob on call (horrible woman)offered me MORPHINE for the 'pain of the contractions'. I refused.. I saw Vasilie a week later & told her what happened she told me morphine in low doses will stop false labor. She knew i was uncomfortable with the other doctor's at the hosp due to this lie & so she told me this is the day i work call in saying this & I will admit you & make sure it is me that delivers you baby(because she was on Vaca the week i was due). She was amazing.. i am now preg with #2 & no other Dr. will touch me but her!!! She is always smiling, treats me with respect, listens to my concerns & responds accordingly!!!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag

I had been a patient of Dr Vasilie's for about 5 years. I had read the reviews but I had always like the quick service, I never wanted to be there longer than I had to be. I figured that Dr. Vasilie was a blunt and efficient, I had no problem with that until last year. I became pregnant with my son and I obviously wanted to stick with Dr. Vasilie as she knew my history. I had so many problems through out my pregnancy, I honestly should have switched doctors but I was a naive first time parent. I had severe back and hip pain that she told me to deal with it. The worst was leading upto my delivery, I had gained over 50lbs. Everyone who knew me was surprised I was not allowed to have an ultrasound after my 30 weeks. The doc kept telling me my baby would be about 7 lbs max. Well I gave birth to my 10 lbs 8oz son, vaginally! She made me have an epidural at 9.5cms and I had severe 4degree tears. She referred to it as an "interior" cesarean.I almost died and my son may suffer because of her.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2011 | flag

I was completely happy with my visit and very concerned after reading the reviews. I can hardly believe this is the same doctor. She was punctual, polite, friendly, with an awesome bedside manner. Asked pertinent questions and was receptive to my comments. I didn't even wait 5 minutes in the waiting room, and waited not even 2 minutes in the exam room. It was awesome! I practically didn't feel a thing for the exam which was a first. After having a terrible OBGYN for years, she was a breath of fresh air and I am super happy to have her as my doctor.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

I have seen Dr Vasilie for the past 2-3- years. After the first baby I was having trouble getting pregnant again and with her treatment, I did within 3 months (after two years of trying). I don't, really understand why she has so many negative reviews. She was never late, she sees me every month to monitor my pregnancy, she scheduled me for a C-section and explained all my options, she saved me money by sending me to do a set of complex sets at the hospital, I find her warm and strait forward with the answers. I overhear her every time with the other patients and she is as nice. You have to remember that your pregnancy is "the pick of your life", not hers and she cannot relate to your pregnancy or your problems the way you do. However I find her very professional. I find her just lovely, never waited more than 10 minutes. The staff is nice, if you are nice. I think that each case is different and if you are not happy or comfortable just change DRs.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2011 | flag

I consulted 'that so-called doctor' three times since 2007 and had to change gynecologist last year - she was rude, can't stand when we ask specific questions but what threw me off was when I expressed my concerns on ovarian cancer (it runs in my family) and if I could have a screening test which she refused. I asked again saying I didn't want to find out down the road that it could have been detected, and would like to check it out. She replied: 'too bad'! An iceberg has more compassion than her and I voiced my discontent to my doctor telling him not to recommand her ever as a gyno. I make sure all women I know avoid her as a potential obgyn. She is literally the worst person and doctor I've ever met in my life and I hope some authorities will read all these comments and rattle her cage by suspending her right to practice. DR. VASILIE IS A DISGRACE TO THE MEDICAL CORE and since then, I refuse to be seen by any female gyno. SHAME ON YOU VASILIE - you don't deserve the 'DR' title!!!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2010 | flag