Rate Dr. Yvonne Vasilie

Dr. Yvonne Vasilie's Ratings

Found out I was pregnant & immediately went out and did my research about which doctor was recommended in the area. Went in to the Brunswick Medical Center and the staff on the ground were super friendly and very helpful. Within 15 minutes I had my appointment for my 9th week of pregnancy with 'Dr Vasilie'. I knew it would take time to see a doctor so I was very thorough and acted quickly to secure an appointment. This is my first pregnancy and I'm not too young, so wanted to rest assured that I was being super organised.
I received a call re confirming my appointment 4 days before and then the day before, I received a call from the secretary informing me that the doctor does not take new patients. I was told the girl who booked the appointment made a mistake and no longer works there! Completely in shock I was then swiftly told that my appointment for the next day is cancelled and that I should find a doctor that can take me. End of story!
I'm now having to wait about TWO WEEKS before I can see another doctor, making it my 11th week of pregnancy! So much for the caring medical profession! And my rating above refers to the Doctor & entire Center! Thanks for the added stress!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I would seriously find a different doctor if it’s possible. She delivered 2 of my children. The first time she happened to be the Dr on call when my water broke and she performed a c-section as my baby was breach. The delivery was fairly uneventful except she never came to see me post-op and let me know that she cut my baby when the incision was made. The pediatrician who came to see the baby never mentioned anything either; however, he had a peek under a band aid that was covering the cut. I had no idea as it was my first child and my first c-section. I only came to realize much later when my child started to really show a scar that kept growing with her. On a much later follow up appointment, I questioned what had happened and she coldly replied, “it happens”.
I ended up needing her to follow me during my next pregnancy as my OBGYN (a former member of her team) was no longer allowed to deliver babies due to incompetence! Every appointment was rushed. She even commented one time how I was the 60th or 70th patient that day as I was her last appointment and she wanted to leave. I always felt stressed when I was being seen because I could see that she was impatient. Her main reply to most of my questions was that I worry too much. I had a couple of miscarriages as well so I was naturally anxious. Finally I had another c-section which had been planned...she thought I was going to have a huge baby but ends up the baby was average just over 7 lbs. It was a terrible experience emotionally. It didn’t help that I had a scary experience with the anesthesia but also that Dr. Vasilie yapped on and on about her personal life with the person across from her and near the end after she finished stitching me up, everyone seemed to leave and no one was left to reassure me everything was alright. Once again, I never saw her post-op so I cannot rate her bedside manners. Although one Dr. from her team came to see me and I didn’t even know she was a Dr. until the pediatrician who was there commented on how terrible it was that she didn’t even identify herself.
I don’t care how many times she has answered the same question or performed the same surgery, her patients deserve an answer without attitude. One time I was heading to an examination room as she was leaving it spraying some air freshener and complaining how her last patient stunk. Do I need to say how completely unprofessional that is. I guess it would take too much effort or too much time to be polite and respectful. If you think she is a great Doctor, it is unfortunate because you have never had a great Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2584878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

competence c'est ou elle va, les rendez-vous sont rapide et l'attente presque
nul. Elle repondra volontier a vos questions mais preparer les car les visites sont rapide.. Pas un medecin pour vos rassurer et coucouner elle est directe et expeditive.. Moi je l'ai bien aimer c'est rapide et direct on a l'heure juste avec elle

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Horrible doctor. Rude and condescending.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2508723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

As a new patient of Dr Vasilie I can say that I am very pleased, she is always smiling and is very nice to me. The staff is great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I was transferred to Dr. Vasilie for the last month of my pregnancy by my OB/GYN. I only went to the clinic once and though I waited for a long time, I can't say if it is always the case there. My last appointments were at the ambulatory center of the hospital and I never waited more than 15 minutes. I found her nurse and receptionist to be great. Though it is true that the appointments are not long (I assume she checks what needs checking) she will take the time to sit down and talk to you if there is an issue. She is a very busy doctor and has lots of patients so don't expect her to spoon-feed you information. She will, however, gladly answer any questions you do have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2012

This doctor its awful. my water broke at 21weeks and when Finally it came time to push she kept talking abuot a flight she needed to catch in 30mins. also when i tried to get answers as why it happened she just said its just something that happens sometimes(great explaination) and that i could try again in a few months. most useless person i ever met. My son came out breach and once we got to his head i had a lot of problems but because she was in such a rush instead of letting my try on my own she stuck her around up me to get him out. Agh what a waste of time she was. Not with Dr.Thomassin at Lasalle and absouletly love her. Do not see Vasilie unless you have absouletly no choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

I saw her first when I was pregnant with my daughter back in 2007. I began dilating early in my pregnancy she said if i made it to 34 weeks we would not stop the labor. Well at exactly 34 weeks I went into false labor. The Ob on call (horrible woman)offered me MORPHINE for the 'pain of the contractions'. I refused.. I saw Vasilie a week later & told her what happened she told me morphine in low doses will stop false labor. She knew i was uncomfortable with the other doctor's at the hosp due to this lie & so she told me this is the day i work call in saying this & I will admit you & make sure it is me that delivers you baby(because she was on Vaca the week i was due). She was amazing.. i am now preg with #2 & no other Dr. will touch me but her!!! She is always smiling, treats me with respect, listens to my concerns & responds accordingly!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2011

I had been a patient of Dr Vasilie's for about 5 years. I had read the reviews but I had always like the quick service, I never wanted to be there longer than I had to be. I figured that Dr. Vasilie was a blunt and efficient, I had no problem with that until last year. I became pregnant with my son and I obviously wanted to stick with Dr. Vasilie as she knew my history. I had so many problems through out my pregnancy, I honestly should have switched doctors but I was a naive first time parent. I had severe back and hip pain that she told me to deal with it. The worst was leading upto my delivery, I had gained over 50lbs. Everyone who knew me was surprised I was not allowed to have an ultrasound after my 30 weeks. The doc kept telling me my baby would be about 7 lbs max. Well I gave birth to my 10 lbs 8oz son, vaginally! She made me have an epidural at 9.5cms and I had severe 4degree tears. She referred to it as an "interior" cesarean.I almost died and my son may suffer because of her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651515].votes_count ]]