Rate Dr. Kimberly P. Hood

Dr. Kimberly P. Hood's Ratings

Save yourself from an unpleasant experience - DO NOT USE THIS PERSON! Unless, of course, you want a moody beast with you in the delivery room. She's fine to see for checkups, just keep in mind- she's an unhappy person.....While waiting to be seen in her office, I've overheard her complaining about hating her job and being fat. I kind of just felt sad for her, maybe she was having a bad day. I didn't feel bad for anyone but myself when I had to endure her abuse in the delivery room. I had wondered why when I first arrived at L&D a nurse said this to me " Dr. Hood is your doctor, but you're so sweet", while she gazed at me with this weird, oh you poor thing expression......... Then my doctor arrived, I remember feeling relieved to see her but to my horror the first thing she said to me was " I heard you don't want your water broke" ( something we had discussed at a checkup) Yes, I said. Remember, I'm waiting for my husband to get here. Her exact words were ~ "I don't have all day to wait around for you to have a baby." OMG what? Did I just hear her right? I guess she then needed to make me feel guilty about the 35 patients waiting to be seen for that day. It was around 7:30 am, so pressumably she was on her way to work. She storms out of the room.... Great! Oh no, I've pissed off the person who is going to deliver my baby by inconveniencing her schedule! What a horrible thing to feel on what is supposed to be such a beautiful day! She comes back in and says she has it figured out- one of the OBs at the office close to the hospital will deliver me if she can't make it back. Fabulous, great news! She was the last person I ever wanted to see again. In the meantime, my epidural didn't work and I was really upset. I was in horrific pain but thankfully my husband arrived; he was driving from a few states over. The nurse checked me again and my water broke. To my surprise, Dr. Hood is back, she cancelled her whole day of office appointments, it was now 10:30am....... Not much longer and it was time to push! The pain was unbearable much worse than my last births ( 2 natural and 1 with an epidural ) something's not right, I can feel it! The pain was making me numb. I had a hard time holding my legs up and that's when she started barking at me- letting me know just how displeased she was with me. I couldn't think straight! She persisted- Come on! Get your legs up! Push harder! You're not doing good enough, over and over with every contraction, she seemed to be growing more and more agitated with me. I hadn't been pushing long when she says "my god, if you can't get your baby into the world I guess I will have to do it for you!" She tries a few times to place a suction cup to my baby's head, it works briefly but didn't stick well because of all the hair. That's all I needed, a little help! One more push the baby is out, face up, posterior! Wow, no wonder it hurt like h ell!!!I see shoulders and I pull the baby onto my chest, myself! No one was touching this baby but me! 11:47 am! Thank God, it's over! We never found out the gender and at that moment it was the furthest thing from my mind! Our last baby and we decided we wanted it to be a surprise.....unfortunately, we didn't get to look for ourselves because someone on the medical staff blurted it out!!!! My husband said it was Hood but I don't know, by that point I had tuned out the sound of her voice... I do remember her leaving saying something about red heads hemorrhage a lot... No congrats, no nothing! She bolted out the door.... What was supposed to be a beautiful day was somewhat spoiled by a person with horrible bed side manner. I needed kindness and encouragement, instead I was berated with scare tactics and insults......... Don't chance your baby's birth day :)
I honestly hope this helps someone because I'm definitely not someone who ever writes a review, much less a bad one, but when it comes to something so important ~ I feel it's necessary!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

I have so much to say. I would say even in an emergency avoid this Doctor. The most unprofessional person I have ever encountered in the medical field!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2619683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

My wife and I are filing a complaint with the board of medicine and Tallahassee for patient neglect and abandonment if that describes what an experience we've had there you have it Dr. Hood is horrible

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Dr.Hood was the best Doctor I have ever had. She always made me feel comfortable, especially when I was really nervous. Her and her staff were great, she is very compassionate about what she does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Dr. Kimberly hood should be a doctor under investigation ........complaints should be all filed with the board of medicine out of Tallahassee Florida to get somebody in the medical field to do an investigation on this doctor we had a horrible experience stay away from this doctor Kimberly hood

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

After finding out I was pregnant and going to see her when I was 9 weeks along everything seemed ok. She said due to my age I was "high risk" she did my normal check ups and ultra sounds, blood work , etc. She told me I would have to make an appt. to see a high risk doctor in Destin. I was never given the option to go to Pensacola to his normal office, or given the option to have a female "high risk" doctor to see so I was more comfortable.

I get to Destin to see this doctor as we walk in there is blood drops on the floor and the place left a lot to be desired. The high risk doctor was rude, made me feel very uncomfortable not to mention the room I was in has mold in the tiles above my bed from water leaks. How is that safe for a pregnant woman? It's not safe for anyone more less a woman that is carrying a child. After getting attitude from that doctor and taking pictures on my husbands phone to show so called Dr. Hood at our next appt. He left the room with ultra sound gel all over my stomach in globs.

I get to my appt. with Dr. Hood and after waiting for over 45 mins. and watching people be called back who DID NOT HAVE APPTS. go in before myself and other waiting moms to be I asked the lady at the desk how much longer it would be. She said she wasn't sure I could set up a different apt if I would like. At that time they call my name and we (my husband and myself) go to the room. They check my vitals like always, then DR. Hood walks in with an attitude and asks " what am I not moving fast enough for you?" I told her no she was fine we where just checking to see how much longer. She told us we where to picky with her and the high risk doctor with the nasty office that we needed to leave. I am 5 months pregnant and she kicked us out. So unprofessional and uncalled for!! NEVER GO HERE!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

She missed a diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy and I nearly died when it ruptured (I had been in her office the day before for an ultrasound) I had been complaining of pain for three weeks and she kept telling me it was normal pregnancy pain. I also told her that I tested positive on a pregnancy test at my regular doctor 4 weeks before I saw her and she insisted I was only 3 weeks pregnant. I was at least 7 weeks pregnant when it ruptured, even though she kept insisting that I couldn't be more than 5 weeks. It was horrifying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I agree with the other comments - this is the worst office staff I've ever encountered. I had an appointment at 9am and was still sitting there at 11:30. When I asked how much longer it would be the receptionists snapped at me and said I would be seen whenever the doctor "got around to it". In the time that I was sitting there three other people stormed out or had confrontations with the staff - it's just a terrible environment altogether. I was just there for a GYN appointment, and I felt terrible for the women who were there for an OB appointment. I have no idea how this doctor keeps any patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2391026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Hood's office staff is terrible. They lost multiple test results of mine and then told me they would call me back and never did. She is a great physician but her staff is really awful and plain rude. Get out of the medical field if you don't know how to be compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][605299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

This doctor is rude and very unprofessional. She didn't even deliver my baby then wouldn't even do my pp appointment. She refused to deliver my sisters baby at 34 weeks then two weeks later my nephew died inside of my sister even though she knew he was at risk. They tried to say they can't deliver babies that early but yet 2 months before they delivered me at 32 weeks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][605298].votes_count ]]