Dr. Adrian Langleben

Rate Dr. Adrian Langleben

Dr. Adrian Langleben's Ratings

My father was diagnosed with Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer). The first time we met Dr. Langleben, he came in "rough", but I was able to take this with a grain of salt. After that, he has been a gentle and very informative man. Although things may not seem very positive, he has been honest, forthright, and has given all possible scenarios. In a recent meeting with my parents and me, he showed how doctors should act in times of need. I have seen some of the lower ratings - people should remember that oncologists face death every day. If they can take that extra moment to talk or comfort patients - then it's one more piece of informstion that they did not have.

Submitted July 31, 2013 | flag

Dr. Langleben agreed to see me the day after I was referred to him for breast cancer when I was frantic and unable to get into see a doctor because he is a compassionate and caring doctor. He is also a "character" who deals with an emotionally difficult illness all day, every day as well as anyone could. He is incredibly knowledgeable -- always up to date on the very latest research and willing to discuss every question I ask, every study I have read, every concern I have. I make sure I have my questions written out and ready to ask but he always makes time. He is consistently very late because he sees more patients than he should and answers every question asked. I have complete confidence that I am getting the best possible medical care with him and I am willing to travel two hours to do so. He can be very direct but he is very compassionate.

Submitted July 20, 2013 | flag

I do not care what anyone says he is an amazing doctor. I was diagnosed at 19 years old and everyone told me he had no bedside manners but I strongly disagree. he can be a bit rough on certain patients but it is only cause he cares. He treated me amazingly and always greated me with a smile and a joke. He loves his patients and will fight with and for them until the end. He is incredibly knowledgable and is always one step ahead.

Submitted June 12, 2013 | flag

Submitted Jan. 22, 2013 | flag

Dr. Langleben was late for my very first appointment with him with no warning from his staff saying he had been delayed. That says it all.

Submitted May 22, 2011 | flag

Extremely rude. Should not be working with people. Sorry I don't care how good he is with the desease - he needs to remember that he is treating people. Arrogant.

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Langleben is most probably an excellent researcher and should stay in the lab. As a psychologist and a human being I am qualified to state he lacks compassion. My friend has had pancreatic cancer for over a year. Doctor Langleben walked into her hospital room telling her she had pulmonary nodules : 'CANCER, you understand".The tone of his voice, the delivery of the results was such that his research assitant stayed as he left the room, stroke my friend's feet and reassured her.Doctor Langleben seems to be void of compassion, empathy when metastasized cancer strikes him in the face.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Langleben is completely devoted to his patients. He spends most of his free time researching new techniques of treating cancer in order to be as efficient as possible with his patients. It is unfair to criticize him for being slightly unattached to his patients... Can you imagine dealing with death every day you go to work?

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

I have been treated by Dr. Langleben since 1998 - I have had 2 breast cancers - in 1998 and 2008. Each time, I have been extremely satisfied with him. He is extremely competent, knows his subject and the latest researches in the cancer domain. He works an incredible number of hours to help and cure his patients and he will move mountains for them. He has a profound sensitivity for his patients and he is extremely human. En passant, je suis francophone, et je peux affirmer que Dr. Langleben comprend et parle un très bon français. J'ai toujours reçu mes traitements dans les hôpitaux anglophones de Montréal, lesquels m'ont été prodigués avec compassion, grand professionalisme et en français.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2010 | flag

I cannot even begin to express my disdain and disgust for this doctor. He has absolutely no tact, no bed side manners or any manners for that manner! He treated my father during his time of illness and offered no sign of hope or care to my father, mother or our entire family.If it wasn't for the caring nursing staff at St. Mary's hospital my family would have indeed felt hopeless. The worst thing about this doctor is the fact that it appears as if the entire oncology staff is aware of his disgusting demeanor and tell you to actually ignore what he says because although he may lack tact and manners, he is actually a "good" doctor, which sounds like an oxymoron. If you or a family member is ever assigned to him, make sure to get a second opinion and find your hope and strength in loved ones because you will receive no encouragement or hopefulness from him.I hope that someday our collective voices will be heard and he will be removed from the hospital and his practice!

Submitted Oct. 6, 2010 | flag