Rate Dr. Adrian Langleben

Dr. Adrian Langleben's Ratings

Dr. Langleben is one of the most dedicated men in the field. Every day he is faced with patients that are in terrible situations and it is his job to try and make the best solution for them. It is not a Doctors job to be compassionate, it is a Doctors job to advise and inform on the best path forward. Family and friends are there for the patient, the doctor is there to advise on treatment. No doctor spends as much time researching and studying to continually improve the level of care he can provide.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Yes, he is quite a ''character''.....but we grew to love him and count on him. He did all we could have asked for my mother and we are very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

always get a second opinion. When an 18 year old went to see him with swollen Lymph glands he said it was nothing. 18 months later she was stage IV Hodgkin's Lymphoma and almost paralyzed. Always get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

My father was diagnosed with Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer). The first time we met Dr. Langleben, he came in "rough", but I was able to take this with a grain of salt. After that, he has been a gentle and very informative man. Although things may not seem very positive, he has been honest, forthright, and has given all possible scenarios. In a recent meeting with my parents and me, he showed how doctors should act in times of need. I have seen some of the lower ratings - people should remember that oncologists face death every day. If they can take that extra moment to talk or comfort patients - then it's one more piece of informstion that they did not have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Langleben agreed to see me the day after I was referred to him for breast cancer when I was frantic and unable to get into see a doctor because he is a compassionate and caring doctor. He is also a "character" who deals with an emotionally difficult illness all day, every day as well as anyone could. He is incredibly knowledgeable -- always up to date on the very latest research and willing to discuss every question I ask, every study I have read, every concern I have. I make sure I have my questions written out and ready to ask but he always makes time. He is consistently very late because he sees more patients than he should and answers every question asked. I have complete confidence that I am getting the best possible medical care with him and I am willing to travel two hours to do so. He can be very direct but he is very compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

I do not care what anyone says he is an amazing doctor. I was diagnosed at 19 years old and everyone told me he had no bedside manners but I strongly disagree. he can be a bit rough on certain patients but it is only cause he cares. He treated me amazingly and always greated me with a smile and a joke. He loves his patients and will fight with and for them until the end. He is incredibly knowledgable and is always one step ahead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

Dr. Langleben was late for my very first appointment with him with no warning from his staff saying he had been delayed. That says it all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Extremely rude. Should not be working with people. Sorry I don't care how good he is with the desease - he needs to remember that he is treating people. Arrogant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr. Langleben is most probably an excellent researcher and should stay in the lab. As a psychologist and a human being I am qualified to state he lacks compassion. My friend has had pancreatic cancer for over a year. Doctor Langleben walked into her hospital room telling her she had pulmonary nodules : 'CANCER, you understand".The tone of his voice, the delivery of the results was such that his research assitant stayed as he left the room, stroke my friend's feet and reassured her.Doctor Langleben seems to be void of compassion, empathy when metastasized cancer strikes him in the face.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678175].votes_count ]]