Rate Dr. Ivar Mendez

Dr. Ivar Mendez's Ratings

Dr. Mendez did my brain tumor surgery and was able to remove 80% which is so much more than expected. He was kind, and answered any questions we had at any time. He is a genious surgeon and wonderful doctor. Thankyou Dr.Mendez!!

Submitted June 2, 2013 | flag

Dr Mendez is the greatest doctor I have ever came across. Dr Mendez did DBS surgery on my husband three years ago for tremors do to Parkinsons disease. We met with him twice before the surgery and he was very informative and told us what to expect. On the dway of the surgery it was almost cancelled because the hospital had do bed Dr Mendez came right up from the OR and told me the team was waiting not to worry and there would be bed waiting when he was done and there was. What other doctor would do that. Just last week Dr Mendez replaced my husbands battery pack before he leaves town. We are going to miss him and his very caring team. That includes you Paula.You have given us a better quality of life for sure Thanks from Keith and Terry Logan

Submitted April 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mendez gave me brain surgery a few months ago and saved my life. Not only is he an AMAZING surgeon, but he is also such a humble and compassionate man. I don't want to think of where I would be without him, any patient of his is very lucky!

Submitted March 26, 2013 | flag

Best of the best,as a man and as a surgeon.He is a humble person with a gift from god. His main concern is his patients.I had back surgery after being in severe pain and feel eternally greatfull to Dr. Mendez.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

My name is Brenda.Dr Mendez took care of my brother-in -law's surgery for dystonia,He is a wonderful man and cares very much for his patients. Paula was wonderful and very helpful. My brother-in-law is doing fine thanks to Dr. Mendez and his fantastic team.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag

My name is Bob and I recently had deep brain stimulation implants as a treatment for dystonia.I feel bleesed to have had Dr.Mendez as my surgeon and his brilliant team to perform my operation. I am now activated and woring with his assistant Paula in doing adjustments to reach the optimum benefit for me. I can not say enough about Dr. Mendez , his surgical team and Paula. I guess for now will just say thank you..

Submitted Nov. 9, 2010 | flag

What an amazing man. He is very down to earth; maybe not what you would expect from a world renowned doctor. He is caring, and genuinely enjoys helping people. His assistant Paula is also amazing. Very knowledgeable and helpful. It was a good experience. I had a deep brain stimulator implanted a few months ago, and although I will still need to have follow up appointments to complete the programming, the results thus far are incredible.

Submitted March 29, 2010 | flag

This is Tanya Firth again. I had my 1st operation done by Dr. Mendez (1996) & he has been kept apprized of worsened pain over the years since my 1st surgery on R lower back in ‘94, age 19.Now, 14yrs later, I have 3 herniated discs in my neck & 1 at L5/S1 on the L side in my lower back + DDD in my C & L spine determined from an MRI last July of which he was sent a copy of. I’ve just recently had another MRI in Jan, & am sending him a copy. We have spoken to his assistant & he’s been made aware of my new complications. Now I need surgery at L5/S1 & he has already given me a referral to a surgeon here in Calgary. Dr. Mendez did not have to offer a referral for specialists all the way across the country but he did. He HASN’T FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME & STILL CARES! Now who can say that about their doctor! As far as I’m concerned, HE IS A “GOD” in every sense of the word! Do your research on his accomplishments & life saving treatments, then you’d know exactly you speak of. Dr. Mendez IS my HERO!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2010 | flag

Dear God in heaven I don't think this is a place to bash anyone. This is a place to rate a doctor and give constructive comments to help guide patients to chose a good match for their needs. If you need a brilliant, top level doctor who will look at you as a complete person NOT just as a disease or a body part this is your man. If at times you understand that he may be late becuase he is saving a persons life or giving them back a life without pain or perhaps with out a horrible tremmor. then this is your doctor ... and you know that if the time comes that he is saving YOUR life... that he will not be waching a clock saying ..."gotta rush here... a clinic appointment is waiting for me " then this is your doctor. If you can accept this situation then you will have, one of the best doctors in Nova Scotia

Submitted Nov. 25, 2009 | flag

I think Dr Mendez is an angel put on this earth!! He is brilliant, he is caring, he is an incredible doctor with an incredible bed side manner. After I had my surgery he was truly excited to share the good news with my family. He is certainly not in it for fame and money- look at all he contributes and shares with poorer countires- he actually buys old equipment and has it shipped as well as helping the poorer nations learn how to look after basic needs.......he is INCREDIBLE!!

Submitted June 5, 2008 | flag