Rate Dr. Phil Hardin

Dr. Phil Hardin's Ratings

I was afraid of him at first but now I like him. He is a wonderful diabetic doctor and is extremely knowlegable. I am in and out of my appointments within 20-30 minutes with little or no waiting in the waiting room. He doesn't beat around the bush and is straight with you.

Submitted April 12, 2012 | flag

I've seen Dr. Hardin for a few years now. He is pleasant and engaging. I think the world of him. My diabetes and cholesterol is under control for the first time in decades thanks to him.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2011 | flag

Wow!! Dr. Hardin is a knowledgeable, well read and published specialist in Diabetic care. What some may confuse as arrogance or possibly poor bedside manner is that Dr. Hardin is there to provide support and guidance as the PATIENT cares for their diabetes. Dr. Hardin, his staff, your family Physician cannot control the disease in a Patient. The Patient must do this and is accountable for their own health, and must responsibility.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2010 | flag

Dr. Hardin gives excellent care to diabetics. He is knowledgabe regarding every fact of the disease. He goes out of his way to make sure you are getting the BEST care.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

Dr. Hardin wants you to take part in your own care but he is the best doctor I have been to. Very knowledgeable about diabetes and has helped me to get my sugars under control.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag

Yes, he is arrogant. He's a specialist after all. But he is extremely good at what he does. I've seen him for 15 years since I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He didn't treat me as a human being until I got into grad school but still has always been a concerned and caring doctor. I've been to other endocrinologists and have always gone back to Dr. Hardin. I live out of province now but will happily make the trip back to Edmonton to see him a couple of times a year!

Submitted June 8, 2010 | flag

Dr. Hardin is a very skilled doctor, dealing with a disease that requires the PATIENT to be RESPONSIBLE. He is very knowledgeable, prompt. and goes the extra mile. I have complicated illnesses and several times he has seen connections between diabetes and other diagnoses other doctors have missed. I would highly recommend him--but be prepared to do YOUR part.

Submitted May 2, 2009 | flag

After many years of living with diabetes, to be told I am a lazy diabetic by a dr. who I am trying to build trust with in a new city, caused me much alarm. When asked questions about other blood test results was told all was OK when in fact that wasn't true as I found out later from another dr. No exam, no help, just ridicule. Since then I have been congratulated on my control and knowledge and record keeping. However, I do need help to stay healthy and I did not find that here.

Submitted April 3, 2009 | flag

I have been to every diabetes doctor in Edmonton and Dr. Hardin is the best. He really makes you think about how your controlling your sugars and be accountable for it. He teaches you to take care of yourself and work through problems. If you need a doctor to hold your hand and tell you what to do and how to do it and never have to think for yourself then he's not the doctor for you. He's fantastic.

Submitted June 18, 2008 | flag

He is a doctor who encourages patients to take a part in their own care. He has never been offended when I have questioned him on certain aspects of care or if I have wanted to change things. He is very knowledgeable and has never been condescending towards me. He knows that I know what I am doing when it comes to my own care and if I ask for his opinion he will offer it. He always calls back promptly and he is very compassionate. He does not gloss things over though. The only thing his office is missing is a Nurse Practitioner CDE.

Submitted May 8, 2008 | flag