You may also like

Rate Dr. Phil Hardin

Dr. Phil Hardin's Ratings

He is the rudest, most arrogant doctor I've ever met. There is no excuse for a doctor to belittle his patient.
I had type 1 diabetes for over 46 years. I do not expect a doctor to hold my hand, or even to genuinely care about me, but a little respect would be nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

He has been my diabetologist ever since I came back to Canada in 2007 after living (and being diagnosed) in the middle East. I've never had reason to ever think of changing doctors, despite there being many fine specialists whom are closer to me than him.

He never beats around the bush and is genuinely interested in getting the best care possible for you. If that means taking some flack from him, then deal with it--he wants what is best for you; he''s not there to baby you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2764928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I was afraid of him at first but now I like him. He is a wonderful diabetic doctor and is extremely knowlegable. I am in and out of my appointments within 20-30 minutes with little or no waiting in the waiting room. He doesn't beat around the bush and is straight with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I've seen Dr. Hardin for a few years now. He is pleasant and engaging. I think the world of him. My diabetes and cholesterol is under control for the first time in decades thanks to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2011

Wow!! Dr. Hardin is a knowledgeable, well read and published specialist in Diabetic care. What some may confuse as arrogance or possibly poor bedside manner is that Dr. Hardin is there to provide support and guidance as the PATIENT cares for their diabetes. Dr. Hardin, his staff, your family Physician cannot control the disease in a Patient. The Patient must do this and is accountable for their own health, and must responsibility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2010

Dr. Hardin gives excellent care to diabetics. He is knowledgabe regarding every fact of the disease. He goes out of his way to make sure you are getting the BEST care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2010

Dr. Hardin wants you to take part in your own care but he is the best doctor I have been to. Very knowledgeable about diabetes and has helped me to get my sugars under control.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2010

Yes, he is arrogant. He's a specialist after all. But he is extremely good at what he does. I've seen him for 15 years since I was first diagnosed with diabetes. He didn't treat me as a human being until I got into grad school but still has always been a concerned and caring doctor. I've been to other endocrinologists and have always gone back to Dr. Hardin. I live out of province now but will happily make the trip back to Edmonton to see him a couple of times a year!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr. Hardin is a very skilled doctor, dealing with a disease that requires the PATIENT to be RESPONSIBLE. He is very knowledgeable, prompt. and goes the extra mile. I have complicated illnesses and several times he has seen connections between diabetes and other diagnoses other doctors have missed. I would highly recommend him--but be prepared to do YOUR part.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

After many years of living with diabetes, to be told I am a lazy diabetic by a dr. who I am trying to build trust with in a new city, caused me much alarm. When asked questions about other blood test results was told all was OK when in fact that wasn't true as I found out later from another dr. No exam, no help, just ridicule. Since then I have been congratulated on my control and knowledge and record keeping. However, I do need help to stay healthy and I did not find that here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692023].votes_count ]]