Rate Dr. Carl R. Backes

Dr. Carl R. Backes's Ratings

Dr. Backes was my pediatrician, and now is my three children's. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and so are his associates. His bed side manner is amazing, and him and his staff make you feel like they really know you. I have never had a better pediatrician!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2013 | flag

My son was born with kidney failure, no other doctor could even come close to what Dr Backes has done through the years for my son.Him being such a great doctor is why I still have my son 3 kidney transplants and 27 yrs later.He is the best doctor a parent could ever take their child to, Can't say much for the associates so if you have a child that has a chronic illness except none other than Dr Backes

Submitted May 3, 2009 | flag

Best doctor any parent would ever want to take their child to. His associates are good but Dr. B is the best!!!!!

Submitted Nov. 3, 2008 | flag

Dr Backes is very wise. He listened to us, supported our choices and provided helpful information. We chose an alternate vaccine schedule and look for non-drug options when possible, and he is very supportive and knowledgeable. He is genuinely interested in current research and providing the best possible care. I can't say the same for Drs White and Kuper. Unfortunately, we routinely wait 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the waiting room. If you have a 10am appt, expect to be there until 1pm.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2008 | flag

I can't recommend Dr. Backes enough. He is great with the kids and as knowledgable as can be. I would never hesitate to use his services. The office staff, however can be a real headache to deal with. Scheduling problems, billing issues, sitting in the waiting room for an hour and a half to see the doctor are all the norm. If Dr. Backes has a private office without the other doctors, I would use him for everything; as it is, we use our primary family doctor for everything that we can.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2007 | flag

Dr. B This is a man who LISTENS (to the parent(s))as he begins to treat the child. He instilled this into his students (Ohio University) I learned this in class and as the parent he pratices what he preaches! EX: He stepped in when my 2yr old was on his 4th Ear Tubesin 12 mos suggested strapping sinuses and then put the tubes in. IT WORKED! When I started a new family again 10 years later I know who I wanted take care of all three kids now. I am in hopes newest Dr. Backus learned how list and have great bedside manners. FYI you: Dr. B had to go and take out the tubes he put in. So Quality he gets AAA+ rating in this family.

Submitted March 12, 2007 | flag

He is a great and caring physician. He really cares about the patient and makes them feel comfortable.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2007 | flag

Very good with children, friendly office staff, works well with parents and supports research backed parental choices

Submitted Jan. 14, 2007 | flag