Rate Dr. Carl R. Backes

Dr. Carl R. Backes's Ratings

Dr. Backes was my pediatrician, and now is my three children's. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and so are his associates. His bed side manner is amazing, and him and his staff make you feel like they really know you. I have never had a better pediatrician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

My son was born with kidney failure, no other doctor could even come close to what Dr Backes has done through the years for my son.Him being such a great doctor is why I still have my son 3 kidney transplants and 27 yrs later.He is the best doctor a parent could ever take their child to, Can't say much for the associates so if you have a child that has a chronic illness except none other than Dr Backes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

Best doctor any parent would ever want to take their child to. His associates are good but Dr. B is the best!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2008

Dr Backes is very wise. He listened to us, supported our choices and provided helpful information. We chose an alternate vaccine schedule and look for non-drug options when possible, and he is very supportive and knowledgeable. He is genuinely interested in current research and providing the best possible care. I can't say the same for Drs White and Kuper. Unfortunately, we routinely wait 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the waiting room. If you have a 10am appt, expect to be there until 1pm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2008

I can't recommend Dr. Backes enough. He is great with the kids and as knowledgable as can be. I would never hesitate to use his services. The office staff, however can be a real headache to deal with. Scheduling problems, billing issues, sitting in the waiting room for an hour and a half to see the doctor are all the norm. If Dr. Backes has a private office without the other doctors, I would use him for everything; as it is, we use our primary family doctor for everything that we can.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2007

Dr. B This is a man who LISTENS (to the parent(s))as he begins to treat the child. He instilled this into his students (Ohio University) I learned this in class and as the parent he pratices what he preaches! EX: He stepped in when my 2yr old was on his 4th Ear Tubesin 12 mos suggested strapping sinuses and then put the tubes in. IT WORKED! When I started a new family again 10 years later I know who I wanted take care of all three kids now. I am in hopes newest Dr. Backus learned how list and have great bedside manners. FYI you: Dr. B had to go and take out the tubes he put in. So Quality he gets AAA+ rating in this family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

He is a great and caring physician. He really cares about the patient and makes them feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2007

Very good with children, friendly office staff, works well with parents and supports research backed parental choices

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693427].votes_count ]]