Rate Dr. Shelley La Berge

Dr. Shelley La Berge's Ratings

Very professional and knowledgable. She is amazing!

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

Felt rushed and dismissed. Had to undergo a biopsy procedure in office unexpectedly. No anesthetic or painkillers. I went into shock but was simply told to take whatever time I needed and then was left on my own. She then set up a phone meeting to provide feedback for that procedure but forgot the meeting. When I called the next day, she came to the phone chuckling about the mistake. When I told her the procedure had been very painful and I went into shock, she said absolutely nothing. Definite lack of thoughtfulness and empathy for what you might be going through when waiting for biopsy results. Unprofessional.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2013 | flag

My only discrepancy with this doc is she doesn't do primary care! I love LaBerge and I wish she did more than just deliver babies! She delivered my daughter as well and did an excellent job! I can't wait to be in the delivery room with her again with this baby too!

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

Dr La Berge is incredibly sensitive and very thorough. She is pro active when it comes to your health. I was scared as this was my first surgery she made me feel safe and secure. Excellent bedside manner. Almost as good as having your mother there. I highly reccommend her.. she is awesome!!

Submitted Oct. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. La Berge is an amazing Dr. My family doctor finally recommended me to go see her after years of complications(that my family dr never really investigated). Dr.La Berge right away had me do testing to figure out what was wrong and within a month I had my results. I just recently had 2 cysts removed 8cm and 2cm. They never found the second until surgery day. She did an amazing job with my surgery, recovery was quite painful but completely worth it. I didn't even have to have my ovaries removed. Anyone who has her as a Dr is lucky. She's very outgoing and is so easy to talk to.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2011 | flag

This doctor was my emerg doctor when I had a high risk labour and delivery. She was new to the area, and the only one in the ward who took control and used innovative techniques to help save me and my baby. I still ended up with an emerg c-sec, which she performed, and it is so tiny its 4" long and invisible. I am so glad she did not gut me like I have seen done. Lovely lady, good strong doctor

Submitted Nov. 4, 2010 | flag

Helpful and knowledgeable about basic preg issues but when I had complications at 26 wks and was in hosp she was pretty heartless. On day 6 of excrutiating pain, heavy narcotics and so many tears, she just shrugged her shoulders and said "don't know what to tell ya". Next day, she suggested a specialist and thankfully she was right. She predicted 36 weeks so at 35 wks, she did Strep B test. I never heard from her so thought I was clear. At 36.5 wks, I had a trickle and let it go for 36 hrs and then went to hospital. They asked if I knew I was Strep B pos and told me how serious it could have been! I had NO idea. Water did break that night at 11pm and knowing I was Strep B +, we flew to the hosp. I had emerg C-section at midnight. I shudder to think what could have happened to my son b/c of Dr.LaBerge. Dr. McGregor was the Dr that I saw in the afternoon and she delivered our son and she was amazing.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2010 | flag

trying very hard to determine what the medical concerns are and if not.... very quick to refer me to another specialist if need be.Very friendly

Submitted Nov. 2, 2009 | flag

I was flown to Kelowna as a medical emergency from a smaller town and was in critical condition while pregnant. Dr La Berge was great! She was calm, sincere and always let me know what was going on. She was extremely professional and compassionate and I have her to thank for my health and my healthy daughter.

Submitted May 19, 2009 | flag

Very accomodating! genuine care and great advice, she really took the extra time to help me make the best decision possible

Submitted March 18, 2009 | flag