Rate Dr. Julia B. Samton

Dr. Julia B. Samton's Ratings

She had some great insights but sadly these could be undermined by her short temper. There were a few times that she became angry without warning, so being honest was even more difficult than it should have been. It was good to get her professional opinion, I just wish she had been more professional in presenting it. I did eventually have to leave the practice for financial reasons. Be advised, she doesn't take insurance.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2009 | flag

Julia Samton is a compassionate, brilliant neuropsychiatrist. She cares enormously about her patients, she is well versed but not slavish about any particular viewpoint. She has absolutely helped to change my life for the better and to help me find my courage to face great challenges that lie ahead. Patients who find their way into her care are indeed lucky to have such a great doctor. I recommend her with the highest praise.

Submitted May 3, 2008 | flag

This doctor cannot administer a trigger point injection to save her life (or yours for that matter). When I questioned her blood soaked latex gloves after administering, she non-chalantly made an off-hand comment about injections not "normally being that painful" as if it were my problem and not hers. I later discovered from her boss, that she hit all the blood vessels causing the profuse bleeding. Scary! She seemed to have some knowledge about drugs, botox but I would never let her lay a hand on me again. Proceed with caution folks.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2007 | flag

I have seen many doctors and she's just amazing. Had a massive impact on the quality of my life and I believe she genuinely cares about patients. Honest and thoughtful. Always quick to respond. Not only a great doctor, but I think she's a great person as well. Have referred several people to her over the years who have all had wonderful experiences as well.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2007 | flag

Dr. samton is a great psychiatrist. She listens to every word, gives great feedback, and does not push meds. She is humble at the same time, and I thank her immensely for helping my daughter.

Submitted May 3, 2007 | flag

I really can't say enough good things about her. She is a tremendous help, easy to relate to, and sincerely cares about her patients. Always available, quick to give out her cell phone number in any case where you need to reach her. Doesn't get better than her.

Submitted April 20, 2007 | flag

She is a phenomenal physician and very cool also. I have been to many doctors and she completely understood me. After leaving her office I felt much better and I highly recommend her.

Submitted March 1, 2007 | flag

Dr. Samton was the best migraine dr. I have seen in the 17 years I've struggled. She helped me so much. Her dedication to aiding her patients, her compassion, her demeanor are all second to none. I feel so fortunate to have found her. She helped my migraines so much and I am grateful for the progress we have made. She listens to me about how I am feeling and she is SO well versed in neurology and current on all the new theories. She is definately at the top of her game all the time. She always gets back to you when you call her and really helps when you are in pain. I feel that her concern is genuine and her desire to heal is from the heart. I can not say a bad thing about my experience with her.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2006 | flag

I found Dr. Samton to be quite helpful. She didn't make me feel rushed and I found her to be both compassionate and knowledgeable. Although she looks quite young I was surprised to learn that she is Board Certified in both Neurology and Psychiatry. I would highly recommend this doctor.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2006 | flag

I think shes a wonderful person at heart however as far as her knowledge on things I dont think shes been in the field long enough. I felt like a lab rat. She prescribed almost everything in the book when something didnt work. I never got a concrete answer of what I had. There are better neurologists out there!

Submitted Oct. 3, 2006 | flag