Rate Dr. John Cooper

Dr. John Cooper's Ratings

It is easy to say a Doctor saved one's life. But in this case he sure did. And after 7 years of searching too. Finding a doctor that works through all options of fibroids is rare at best. But Dr. Cooper not only did that but did so very well. It normally takes a while to get in, it would seem fibroids is low on most GYN lists of things to attend to, but I was referred by emergency, I was there for a transfusion due to massive loss. Dr. Cooper easily is the best thing that ever happened to my health. Bedside manner is stellar, knowledge is unsurpassed and surgeon skills are exemplary. I wish he could be my GP. The only reason one star is lacking is the office staff is not the best. Nice at times.. not so much other times. I did wind up having a hysterectomy (my choice). My quality of life was 0 out of 10 and is now 10. I would trust my health and life to Cooper (I did!) and there are times when one simply is required to entrust it to someone.

Submitted June 30, 2014 | flag

This rating is strictly for Dr. Coopers receptionist. I saw Dr. Cooper in November and before I left the office I was scheduled to have my tubes tied near the end of January. January came and I received no notification of confirmation nor cancellation and when I phoned I was told they had no record of my procedure being booked, and they rebooked me for the end of may. May has come and I have again been told that it's not scheduled and rebooked for september.Having worked as a medical office assistant myself, this is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I am beyond angry.

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Cooper checked up on me following a c-section with another OBGYN at the Vic General and I have only good things to say about his bedside manner. Very warm and kind and gentle and professional. I have also seen him regarding trying to conceive and he has a wealth of knowledge and a very straightforward way of explaining things. I also went to his office for ultrasounds with my first pregnancy and his staff who did my ultrasounds were amazing!

Submitted Dec. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr.Cooper did my c-section when my son was born he was fabulous. He did a smaller incision so my son felt as though he was actually being born.I healed up super fast and my scar is super tiny.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2011 | flag

Reception Staff: Very friendly Ultra Sound Teach: It is not possible to find a kinder women! The love she has for her job is so obvious and I was so touched that she was just as excited as I was to see the baby on the screen.:)

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr Cooper after my previous Ob went on hiatus and I couldn't be more happy. His staff were great at getting me in quickly to see him through the CFAU since his office was booked as I have a high risk pregnancy. He spent a lot of time with me going through all my questions, answering ones I didn't even think of and laying out a very thorough treatment plan for me and baby. I am impressed with his caring, understanding and compassion and are very happy with him.

Submitted July 30, 2011 | flag

Dr. Cooper consulted with me when I had complication during my 2nd pregnancy, delivered my 3rd via C-section, tied my tubes, and recently performed a vaginal hysterectomy and vaginal vault procedure on me. He has a gentle and kind bedside manner. He has never rushed me even though I have had many questions. His receptionist is friendly and helpful, when my pre-op documents were misplaced a week and a half pre-surgery, she went out of her way to help me keep my surgery date. Dr. Cooper seems to be somewhat uncomfortable discussing sex, which is humorous considering his specialty. After my hysterectomy I inquired when I could resume sexual activity and his answer was so polite, I was unsure of what I could and could not do. I would highly recommend Dr. Cooper, he was worth the one year wait to get an appointment. He is an example to other doctors of what their behaviour ought to be.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Cooper has been seeing me endometriosis for over 8 years. He has performed several surgeries on me and has always been excellent. He calls you at home to make sure everything is ok after surgery, explains everything in language that is easy to understand. He even provides answers to questions by email. Dr. Cooper respects his patients wishes and requests; he truly cares about his patients and I would recommend him to everyone.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2010 | flag

The first time I met Cooper was in the ER in 2005 at 3am. The bedside manner was excellent, I was bleeding in my 6 wk of pregnancy, following a recent miscarriage. He followed me the next day, and found out the reason for the bleeding, and gave me ultrasounds weekly in his office. He even called me with ultrasound results at 10 pm, to put my mind at ease. Fantastic. He worked hand in hand with my midwife and my baby being breach, performed my c-section. After this baby I had 5 miscarriages. I went to him to see what was happening,he tested both me and my husband to determine what was going on. He discovered what it was and the next time I got pregnant (surprise), he prescribed the meds I needed to keep the baby growing and staying in. I have just celebrated this baby's first birthday and I have nothing but praise for Dr. Cooper. He also had a fantastic receptionist who knew every detail of his professional life, she resigned and there were some temps that were very temporary...

Submitted March 22, 2010 | flag

The statement of 31/12/2009 is rather ambiguous and open to misinterpretation. Because it is so vague, I am under the impression that some of my doctors think I might have posted it as I had a bad experience with Dr. Cooper last year. Hindsight is a great thing. While looking back on my experience I have come to the conclusion that communication is a two way street and that I could have been more forthcoming and not just left it to him to ask the right questions. Dr. Cooper is an expert surgeon and excellent doctor. His office lacked the administrative and organizational skills necessary to provide good service, or perhaps my overly common last name and uncommon first name got confused with the other person in this city within the same age group, sex and area. I am now ready to bury the hatchet and thank Dr. Cooper for his skill. Recommend that if you have done a medical test or are waiting for an appointment that you consider important - CALL AND KEEP CALLING!

Submitted March 4, 2010 | flag