Rate Dr. Alexander Marsh

Dr. Alexander Marsh's Ratings

Waste of time!!waited 2 hours...what the heck this is not ER

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I have been visiting Dr Marsh's office for fifteen years. After initial testing, Dr Marsh was excellent to educate me on my hearing condition and to encourage an aid in my early fifties. Since then, I have dealt only with his office staff and audiologist, Katie, and they could not have been better. A few years ago, Katie had to overcome my bias and convince me that I now needed two aids and to use the external aids behind the ears. Life is great. I forget I use aids. There are ear specialists were I live but I continue to drive an hour to continue this successful relationship.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I had to wait 2 hours to get in to see the doctor and was not given and warning this would be so, no explanation as to why, nor any apology for it. In fact the nurse was very unfriendly when we asked if it was going to be much longer of a wait. My children were hungry and were unable to eat their supper because we weren't seen until 6:30 or so. And I gather this kind of treatment is common in this office, as other patients were also waiting for hours, and exclaimed that had had to do this before as well. If they are going to practice this kind of overbooking and inconsiderate behavior, I suggest they warn patients ahead of time, especially when young children are involved. The Dr. himself seemed nice enough, but I think suggested drastic action for my son who does not have any symptoms of those who need the kind of surgery he suggested. I will get a second opinion. I have no desire to ever set foot in this office again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr.Marsh and staff are great. Very helpful and knowledgeable. The only thing I would complain about is the one to two hour wait to see him, make sure you bring a book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

I made an appointment to get my hearing tested and it quickly turned into a bit of a disaster. First, the office staff told me twice that my appointment was for 9:30 but later I found out it was for 10. The staff told me it was my fault for not knowing that. A technician then did the test and told me I had permanent nerve damage and that I needed a hearing aid in one ear. I never got to see or talk to Dr. Marsh. No one ever examined my ears or asked me any questions. And yet Dr. Marsh managed to write a report on my condition for my family doctor. It must be a nice job to be able to play doctor without ever having to talk or see the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2011

Dr. Marsh was my ENT all through my childhood.. I was sick all the time through ear infections, two sets of tubes, lots of chest and nasal problems.. to this day he has been the DR. I always will remember. He is patient, understanding.. will listen to you through and through.. explains everything to you.. is gentle and cares about his patients greatly. My mom said she spoke to him the other day (I haven't seen him in about 15 years) and he still remembered me and said I was welcome to come back for a check-up. I will be doing so shortly! Owen Sound is lucky to have such a DR. - Sarah B

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Marsh removed half my thyroid in a long complicated and successful operation. He also directed me to a sleep clinic where I've had spectacular results after going on a CPAP machine. I'm pretty sure that the severe apnea has caused a myriad of symptoms which are disappearing. Thanks so very much to Dr. Marsh for the referral and the excellent and caring help I've received over the years. I can only hope he has a wonderful,long and healthy retirement when he desides to retire. (not too soon I hope)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Marsh...Wow, what a great doctor, and a great man. My daughter(10) went in with a blown eardrum. luckily my daughter is usually in great health, and very rarely visits an office, very scared, dr. marsh made her feel comfortable, so happy to have a wonderful doc like this in our area..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr Marsh took care of me nearly 24 years ago after I fell 38 feet off a roof and landed on my face. From what I remember, Owen Sound hospital wanted to air-lift me to a larger hospital. Dr. Marsh decided he was able to fix me up and spent many many hours in O.R doing so. I often think of him, and would like him to know that his work has always been appreciated. David Oliver (Waterloo)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2009

He gave me some false feedback on my problem and later was diagnosed with permanent problem. Not helpful :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702918].votes_count ]]