Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Rate Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Dr. M. L. D. Fernando's Ratings

Dr. Fernando attempted to overmedicate me regardless of my sensitivity. When I refused to take what he prescribed he threatened me with a Form 3, even though I had compromised and taken one of the medications he offered. I had a severe reaction to what I took, as I told him I would. Dr. Fernando is dismissive, arrogant, condescending and a bully.

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag

Submitted Aug. 9, 2011 | flag

Stay far away!If you need to be admitted anywhere - go somewhere else. We admitted our adolescent daughter to keep her safe. He had a preconcieved idea and pushed it. Asked irational questions and repeatedly. Wrote things down wrong and misunderstood 90% of what was said. He offered no solutions, no information or input just prescribed meds. During her 72hr stay we saw another Psychiatrist who had answers, solutions and a path for us to follow. I want to know why this site is not looked at by the board of Dr. are we this desperate? Thank God for the social worker there at the time he was the only person making sense there. I'm glad we took a second opinion, I don't know where we would be. If from these comments it looks like a duck, smells like a duck it must be a duck.

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

In my opinion this doctor is a good doctor dont know why so many complaints doesn't even seem like it's the same doctor that i know . Never had an issue with him. I have been a patiente for more then 10 years one of the best Psychiatrist that we have here in woodstock and in London.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010 | flag

I found Dr. Fernando most very knowledgeable and more or less professional. But... This man is the reason the Hippocratic oath says to do no harm. He has tunnel vision. Worse than arrogance, an almost childish unwillingness to acknowledge error. It only after years of a puzzling treatment plan, which had consisted entirely of doing more of what was known not to work, that I realized he had rejected an earlier diagnosis (by a different doctor) in favour of a incorrect one. The previous diagnosis was based on objective test results and was from a branch of psychiatry he freely admitted to having limited knowledge of. When finally challenged with the disconnect between the diagnostic criteria and the facts, he invented rationalizations so bizarre and convoluted I began wondering which of us was the one with mental health issues.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010 | flag

I felt in my heart something was wrong wth the Dr. the minute I left his office. It was my first visit, and tho he hardly allowed me to speak, he just pushed certain scenario's on me(I.E Do you get mood swings, are you angry, do you cry etc) and within in 30mins, I was diagnosed being Bi-Polar and send off with a prescription for a VERY strong sedative. I felt that diagnoses was wrong but because of the lack of education and support of my family, they made me believe I was/am, truly Bi-Polar. I have no doubt I am cranky because I hate where my life is right now but I never doubted for a minute that I was NOT bi-polar. I get angry when I am angry and I am happy when it's warranted. I am NOT MANIC. Depression DOES make you sad, and angry - and now everyone thinks I am Bi-Polar because the "Doctor" said so. Now I see this site and realize I should go with my gut, and forget what everyone else thinks. I knew there was something weird about him.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2010 | flag

I had this doctor in 2004 he was rude inconsiderate and treated my condition poorly. He says the same things to everyone, I am currently helping a friend who is unfortunately under his care, and I am fighting to get them out. I spoke to the college of physicians and surgeons today and they gave me an email address to place a formal complaint. I am doing this, like so many others have said in this forum this doctor In my opinion SHOULD NOT be treating patients. the email should anyone else want to fight this doctor through the proper channels is investigations&[email protected]

Submitted Oct. 6, 2009 | flag

Told my insurance company I was ready to return to work without discussing it with me, a real pill pusher, I refused to take most of what he prescribed.

Submitted July 25, 2009 | flag

I do not know if he is the same doctor that is in Windsor but I dismissed him and refused to see him again. He had me so doped up with medications and would not take the time of day to listen to what I had to say to him. I left his office in tears many times and since I havent seen him I feel so much better and im doing good now. He accused me of things that I never did and never was open to what I said to him.I did not like him at all for my doctor.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2009 | flag