Rate Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Dr. M. L. D. Fernando's Ratings

I found this doctor to be rude, judgemental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649105].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Switch your doctor ASAP or deal with the devil himself. He diagnoised me scitso, biopolar and psychosis after he lock me in segragation for 10 days .He gave me enough meditcation to sedation a 400 lb man. 200ml seroquel ,5mg procyclidine, 500ml divalproex and a 1ml injection of fluanxol depost. I stop taking his meds slowly( worst feeling ever) and now i live a happy life. No problems since

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2629904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

Dr. Fernando is uncaring, unsympathetic, and does not take adequate time for diagnosis. Follow up visits are a joke. Do not go near this man or any psychiatrist at Woodstock general hospital if you want to get better. Dr. Fernando just wants to diagnosis everyone with bipolar and put them on sedatives. Run away while you can.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Dr. Fernando attempted to overmedicate me regardless of my sensitivity. When I refused to take what he prescribed he threatened me with a Form 3, even though I had compromised and taken one of the medications he offered. I had a severe reaction to what I took, as I told him I would. Dr. Fernando is dismissive, arrogant, condescending and a bully.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

Stay far away!If you need to be admitted anywhere - go somewhere else. We admitted our adolescent daughter to keep her safe. He had a preconcieved idea and pushed it. Asked irational questions and repeatedly. Wrote things down wrong and misunderstood 90% of what was said. He offered no solutions, no information or input just prescribed meds. During her 72hr stay we saw another Psychiatrist who had answers, solutions and a path for us to follow. I want to know why this site is not looked at by the board of Dr. are we this desperate? Thank God for the social worker there at the time he was the only person making sense there. I'm glad we took a second opinion, I don't know where we would be. If from these comments it looks like a duck, smells like a duck it must be a duck.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

In my opinion this doctor is a good doctor dont know why so many complaints doesn't even seem like it's the same doctor that i know . Never had an issue with him. I have been a patiente for more then 10 years one of the best Psychiatrist that we have here in woodstock and in London.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706523].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

I found Dr. Fernando most very knowledgeable and more or less professional. But... This man is the reason the Hippocratic oath says to do no harm. He has tunnel vision. Worse than arrogance, an almost childish unwillingness to acknowledge error. It only after years of a puzzling treatment plan, which had consisted entirely of doing more of what was known not to work, that I realized he had rejected an earlier diagnosis (by a different doctor) in favour of a incorrect one. The previous diagnosis was based on objective test results and was from a branch of psychiatry he freely admitted to having limited knowledge of. When finally challenged with the disconnect between the diagnostic criteria and the facts, he invented rationalizations so bizarre and convoluted I began wondering which of us was the one with mental health issues.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2010

I felt in my heart something was wrong wth the Dr. the minute I left his office. It was my first visit, and tho he hardly allowed me to speak, he just pushed certain scenario's on me(I.E Do you get mood swings, are you angry, do you cry etc) and within in 30mins, I was diagnosed being Bi-Polar and send off with a prescription for a VERY strong sedative. I felt that diagnoses was wrong but because of the lack of education and support of my family, they made me believe I was/am, truly Bi-Polar. I have no doubt I am cranky because I hate where my life is right now but I never doubted for a minute that I was NOT bi-polar. I get angry when I am angry and I am happy when it's warranted. I am NOT MANIC. Depression DOES make you sad, and angry - and now everyone thinks I am Bi-Polar because the "Doctor" said so. Now I see this site and realize I should go with my gut, and forget what everyone else thinks. I knew there was something weird about him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1706521].votes_count ]]