You may also like

Rate Dr. M. L. D. Fernando

Dr. M. L. D. Fernando's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2751297].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 18, 2015

I found this doctor to be rude, judgmental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2716005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

He is overbearing and if you even hint he could be wrong he becomes even worse

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2661897].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I found this doctor to be rude, judgemental, and having a total lack of compassion for patients

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2649105].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Dr. Fernando attempted to overmedicate me regardless of my sensitivity. When I refused to take what he prescribed he threatened me with a Form 3, even though I had compromised and taken one of the medications he offered. I had a severe reaction to what I took, as I told him I would. Dr. Fernando is dismissive, arrogant, condescending and a bully.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1706527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1706525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

In my opinion this doctor is a good doctor dont know why so many complaints doesn't even seem like it's the same doctor that i know . Never had an issue with him. I have been a patiente for more then 10 years one of the best Psychiatrist that we have here in woodstock and in London.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1706523].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

I found Dr. Fernando most very knowledgeable and more or less professional. But... This man is the reason the Hippocratic oath says to do no harm. He has tunnel vision. Worse than arrogance, an almost childish unwillingness to acknowledge error. It only after years of a puzzling treatment plan, which had consisted entirely of doing more of what was known not to work, that I realized he had rejected an earlier diagnosis (by a different doctor) in favour of a incorrect one. The previous diagnosis was based on objective test results and was from a branch of psychiatry he freely admitted to having limited knowledge of. When finally challenged with the disconnect between the diagnostic criteria and the facts, he invented rationalizations so bizarre and convoluted I began wondering which of us was the one with mental health issues.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1706522].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010

I felt in my heart something was wrong wth the Dr. the minute I left his office. It was my first visit, and tho he hardly allowed me to speak, he just pushed certain scenario's on me(I.E Do you get mood swings, are you angry, do you cry etc) and within in 30mins, I was diagnosed being Bi-Polar and send off with a prescription for a VERY strong sedative. I felt that diagnoses was wrong but because of the lack of education and support of my family, they made me believe I was/am, truly Bi-Polar. I have no doubt I am cranky because I hate where my life is right now but I never doubted for a minute that I was NOT bi-polar. I get angry when I am angry and I am happy when it's warranted. I am NOT MANIC. Depression DOES make you sad, and angry - and now everyone thinks I am Bi-Polar because the "Doctor" said so. Now I see this site and realize I should go with my gut, and forget what everyone else thinks. I knew there was something weird about him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1706521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2010

I had this doctor in 2004 he was rude inconsiderate and treated my condition poorly. He says the same things to everyone, I am currently helping a friend who is unfortunately under his care, and I am fighting to get them out. I spoke to the college of physicians and surgeons today and they gave me an email address to place a formal complaint. I am doing this, like so many others have said in this forum this doctor In my opinion SHOULD NOT be treating patients. the email should anyone else want to fight this doctor through the proper channels is investigations&resolutions@cpo.on.ca

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1706520].votes_count ]]