Rate Dr. Ivan Rebeyka

Dr. Ivan Rebeyka's Ratings

Man saved our son what else do you need to know.man of few words but did a heck of a job.our son had an arterial switch an interupted arch and a large vsd.he repaired all in one surgery. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

This man saved my 3 week old daughter's life. She had TGA and the switch operation. Her assigned surgeon was not Dr Rebeyka but he volunteered to take her on as he had a cancellation. She had a very rough pre operative course, but her surgery went incredibly smoothly. she was out of the OR way ahead of schedule and had no significant complications. She was able to return to Calgary within a few days. 10 months later she is perfectly normal, healthy and happy and we owe it all to this man. He won't say much to you but know that he is the most qualified and capable surgeon there is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

Best heart doctor on the planet . He is caring considerate . Can't say enough about Dr rebeyka

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Our son wouldn't be here if it weren't for Dr.Rebeka, his staff and the Stollery Children's Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2608455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Who is honestly crazy enough to pick cardiothoracic surgery as a career? I'm so glad Dr. Rebeyka has. He's beyond the best. I truly believe he's a humble man who generously has given his life to saving others. He performed my son's life-saving OHS at the Stollery when he was 7 days old. He was there through his infection, post surgery, and our discharge. Dont expect him to say much to you, he's a man of few words. But he knows what he's doing. Come prepared with questions before talking to him, as you wont get many opportunities to speak with him directly. Also - trust him. We are from Calgary and were sent to Edmonton for my son's emergency surgery. His scar is minimal - can barely see it now. And with his TGA arterial switch, he now lives a normal, healthy life. We're grateful everyday for this man.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

He was an amazing doctor and performed open heart surgery last may giving me a valve transplant. i would have no other then him perform surgery on me

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1720404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr. Rebeyka is an excellent Surgone. He speaks a little but knows this job very well. My four and three years months Son had a OHS and it went well. May God bless Dr. Rebeyka

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1720403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

What can I say about the man who performed open heart surgery on my 8 day old son...the surgery went perfectly, my boy showed little swelling and was transferred from the PICU back to NICU 2 days ahead of schedule. Looks like he will lead a perfectly normal life thanks to Dr. Rebeyka and all the fantastic staff at Stollery Hospital. My son had TGA and was diagnosed after birth. Surgery was the Arterial Switch. Good bless Dr. Rebeyka, his staff and Canada's health care system. I will never complain about taxes again after being given a world class surgeon to save my son's life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1720402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Rebeyka replaced my 25 year old mechanical valve with a new one and replaced aortic root and repaired anyurism , all in one shot . In the week post op , I saw him every day , and though he was busy , took the time to sit and talk and answer all questions/concerns I had . At my 6 week post op check up with cardiologist , He saw me sitting in waiting room , and came over and sat down to talk and see how everything was going , even though he was very busy that day as well . A truly exceptional surgeon that my significant other,children , and myself were very thankful to have as my doctor . His nurse in the office was also extremely helpful and answered any questions or concerns that I had !!! Thank you for extending my life !!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1720401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2012

Dr. Rebeyka and his staff are nothing short of outstanding. Skilled, caring, patient, knowledgeable, understanding, and kind. This is a very talented group with a very exceptional leader. Thank you so much. Valvoplasty June, 2011.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1720400].votes_count ]]