Dr. Jerry W. Freed

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Jerry W. Freed has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5680193
27/07/14 3 1 1 1 The staff is great but, Dr.Freed is awful. He was always very short never really seemed interested to answer or questions or answer or concerns. My son battled ear infections for about 5 months. A specialist referral was never made nor was it even discussed. I was a first time parent so I didn't know what to do. After taking him to the minor emergency room for a high fever an ear infection was discovered again. The doctors there asked if he has been referred to a specialist because that should have taken place. We decided at that time to go ahead and switch pediatricians. He was referred to a specialist ASAP and the specialist stated that he probably needed to be months ago because it could have been affecting his hearing. I will never recommend him to any family.
RID: 5319547
31/03/14 5 5 5 5 Very happy and would recommend to all of my friends and family
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jerry" to "Jerry W."

04/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Jenks" to "Tulsa"
RID: 2701857
06/07/13 5 5 4 4 I love South Tulsa Pediatrics, the office is nice and clean and the staff is friendly. There is virtually no wait for Well Checks and the few times my son has been there for something else, the wait is not long at all. My son has been a patient of Dr. Freed for 2 years now. He is in and out of the room quickly, true, but he is always very nice to my son. He is a little rushed with me, but he is always attentive to my son. I wish he would be a little friendlier to me, but at least he is good to my son.
RID: 1637103
17/11/11 5 5 5 5 We love going to South Tulsa Pediatrics. Dr. Freed has bees great taking care of our 4 children for over 7 years. Many friends of ours see him too and all are pleased with him.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

13/11/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1327690
04/01/11 4 3 2 2 Always seems like he has better things to be doing. Doesn't say thanks or hope you feel better. He mumbles when he talks and doesn't exude the confidence you'd want from a doctor. Doesn't act like he cares if you're there or not. My husband stuck his hand out to shake it after our appointment one time and he just looked at it and left the room. Also, it once took over 2 hours for an after hour call back and we only got a hold of him because we called them back. He never apologized for the mess up, only blamed it on someone else.  Respond
RID: 1113947
24/02/10 5 5 5 5 Very good doctor, spent a long time explaining things to my husband and I. Very good demeanor with both our son and us.
RID: 1091260
28/01/10 5 5 2 2 My kids have seen Dr Freed several times. I'm never happy with him, but I keep coming back because I can always get in quick. He's always in a hurry and is not very informative. I brought my son in and found that he had chicken pox. Dr Freed gave me a handout on the pox, but I had questions to ask him. After I asked him a question, he'd say that "it's on the sheet". I guess he didn't want to take the time to answer the question. One time I brought my son in for an ear infection. I went to get the prescription filled but they couldn't fill it because he did not put all the information on the scipt. I had to call him after hours so I could get the script that night. He didn't apologize for the inconvenience. In fact, he seemed annoyed that I had to call. I just wouldn't recommend him.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 904334
03/06/09 5 5 1 2 Great with kids, but not with parents. arrogant, doesn't like to be asked questions. short, curt, in a hurry, not personable.  Respond
RID: 798274
23/02/09 5 5 5 5 We've been seeing Dr. Freed for a few years now. He has been very helpful and is on time just about every time we go into his office. Great Doctor!!!
RID: 699048

09/10/08 1 1 1 1 WENT TO STP TO SEE MY NORMAL DR. BUT THEY WERE OUT OF TOWN, SO THEY HAD ME SEE DR. FREED. HE TOOK FOREVER TO GET IN THE ROOM. WHEN HE FINALLY DID IT WAS CLEAR HE DID NOT HAVE ANY BEDSIDE MANNER. HE IMMEDIATELY DISMISSED US STATING THAT MY CHILD HAD A VIRUS THAT HAD TO RUN ITS COURSE. A WEEK OR SO LATER I CALLED TO SEE MY CHILDS REGULAR DOCTOR AND THEY DISCOVERED THAT MY CHILD HAD PNEUMONIA. HIS CHEST WAS FILLED WITH FLUID. HOW COULD HE MISS THAT!!! HORRIBLE. NEVER WILL SEE AGAIN.
Paid (or co-pay): $25