Rate Dr. Vera Berard

Dr. Vera Berard's Ratings

There is so much we appreciated about collaborating with Vera and her colleagues during my pregnancy and postpartum. It was a really empowering experience for me and I could not have asked for better support people and midwives throughout this journey. I found Vera brings to her practice a wonderful balance of heart, professionalism, evidence-based decision making, respect and laughter (I could go on). I am grateful for and would highly recommend the midwifery care offered by Vera to anyone. Even though I put a 4 for punctuality, while Vera could occasionally run behind (not often though), she made up for it by taking extra time in our appointments if needed. I never felt rushed and really appreciated her thoroughness and flexibility.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2013 | flag

I had the pleasure of having Vera Berard as my midwife for my first pregnancy. During the nine months I met with her regularly at her beautiful office spaces and got to know her quite well. When it came to the delivery Vera was a warm and trusting presence in the delivery room but firm and encourging when I felt like I could not go on. She was the absolute best midwife for me.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2012 | flag

I had my son around the same time a lot of my friends were having babies. We kept sharing pregnancy stories, and then delivery stories as the babies kept coming. Every time I would hear about their disatisfying visits to the clinic, or a family doctor I would find myself saying over and over, "thank heavens I chose to go with a midwife and that I have Bryn and Vera". The midwifery clinic staff and the care they provided my family with before, during, and after far superseded what I was expecting. I felt supported, informed, and very well guided through my choices. Vera helped me have a smooth delivery and I am very thankful to have been recommended to her by my friend and would lovingly recommend her to another.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag

She was totally empowering. She can come off as flakey at first, but she is extremely experienced and calm, which in turn kept me calm. I had 2 babies with her by my side and I'm so grateful that I paid attention to all she had to teach in her unique style.

Submitted Dec. 26, 2010 | flag

Vera believes that I am responsible for making decisions about myself and my family. In our discussions it was sometimes difficult knowing what choice to make. I wished that she would simply tell me what to do. Now years after having my children I appreciate the gift that she gave me, a belief that I have within myself the ability to make the best decisions for myself. It's a gift that I am passing along to my children.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2009 | flag

Vera made us feel very comfortable though our first 2 births. I now realize how much I appreciated Vera's care as we are having our 3rd baby in a different city. We find ourselves comparing our current care giver to Vera and wishing we were under her care. With Vera, I really felt as though she cared.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

I had Vera a few years ago and I feel I need to defend her previous rating. Although I do agree that at times she left me feeling inadequate and uncertain if she even knew who I was, I remember how strong her presence was during my birth. I also know that Vera was struggling with the logistics of her practice and was extremely overworked until recently. Her intentions and skills are unquestionably terrific and I think a little bit of understanding of the whole picture is needed when we evaluate our caregivers.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2008 | flag

Vera is knowledgeable, but her bedside manner is terrible. She likes to be in control and to 'tell' rather than to listen and explain. She often chastised me for asking questions she felt were unimportant or could wait until later. In the end she did a marvelous job of delivering my baby, but I was not comfortable. She also made assumptions about how I was feeling and what I needed that I found quite wrong and bothersome. She needs to give a little more say and a little more freedom to her patients.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2007 | flag