Rate Dr. D.C. Fiander

Dr. D.C. Fiander's Ratings

Office is a well oiled machine. Yes, patients are "herded" and there isn't much time spent on small talk. But I like the way things work there. Thanks to the tight scheduling, appt. is always pretty well on time. No sitting around for two hours like other specialists. He was a great help with a diabetes related eye problem I was referred to him for.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I tore a retina in the middle of the night last year. After being referred to Dr Fiander by another specialist the next morning I showed up at his office on 20 minutes notice, was taken in and within an hour had the tear repaired. Dr Fiander was very professional and efficient and my follow ups with him were great. I found the staff although busy to be very efficient and helpful. I have had no complications from the repair and my sight in the affected eye is fine now. Should anything happen to my eyes again I would not hesitate to go back to Dr Fiander.

Submitted July 24, 2014 | flag

Previously I was assigned to an Eye Doctor that scheduled a surgery during the time for my appointment. I requested another Specialist and Dr Fiander has been seeing me for the last two years. Efficient and business like he has provided medication that has helped my condition and I would highly recommend him.

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

I find Dr. Fiander very professional and kind when he speaks with you. He knows what he is doing and I am happy to have him as my Specialist. He always answers whatever questions I may have and yes he is busy but takes whatever time needed to answer them thouroughly.

Submitted April 26, 2014 | flag

Dr.Fiander is a valuable resource to his field, he has several tools he uses to measure various parts of the eye. The appointments go quickly, with you in and out of different rooms (herded along with 20 other people) havign drops, measurements or doing eye tests. Finally you see the Doctor. He is quick to explain / update you on your eyes or your progress. I find that if I have questions, have them ready so you can get them all in quickly-one thing I appreciate, if Dr.Fiander doesn't know the answer - he will get it for you, following up within a few days. I don't like how scheduling works once you are further into the process, two appts, one for your measurements and another, later to see the doctor. You get eye drops at both which means two days of sensitive eyes with light sensitivity (makes it hard for people trying to schedule leave from work)plus paying for parking two times is a pain. There is no need to make this a two trip appt. other than dr. availability.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fiander is a jewel amongst ophthalmologists. He is always up to date with new procedures, and is constantly upgrading his considerable skills. He works both in Windsor and Detroit, and with the little time he has left, he also teaches and gives lectures. His staff are highly trained and friendly. The office runs like clockwork, even with constant emergencies to contend with - one of which recently was me. He saved my sight after a very difficult retinal detachment, and for that, I will always remain grateful.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2013 | flag

I trust Dr. Fiager's practice implicitly with my eyesight - one of the anatomy's most precious components. Aside from one employee who is a bit impatient/rude, I found in-general the staff are friendly and professional. They are also clearly working in a challenging, highly organized office. So cut 'em some slack. It is usually busy at Windsor Retina Centre, but the place amazingly runs like a swiss clock. If your appt. is for 10:00 you will be seen at 10:00 (or pretty close to it). How many specialists can boast that kind of punctuality, even when the waiting room is packed? Dr. Fiager himself, a frequent target of criticism for not being social enough, does indeed take the time to satisfactorily explain the results of your consult/test. I can't say I felt "rushed" by him. He is all business, true, but that's the way I like it. With specialists in high demand in Windsor, there is simply no time to talk about last night's hockey game at your consult.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2012 | flag

Amazing compassionate staff. Dr. Fiander is tops in his field.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

No problems with Dr. but staff rude and uncooperative.My elderly father had an appointment but needed to update his medical history and personal information since he was moved to a nursing home. The staff didn't seem to have a clue on how to do this. They refused to call the nursing home to have his information faxed to them ( this would have taken a minute)and would not help me at all.I have never been to a doctors office before where the staff was so rude and incompetent. They treated me like I was from another planet. Very strange and uncomfortable experience.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Fiander since April 2011. He has been very informative when answering my questions and though the practice is extremely busy I found him to be very thorough. I can honestly say that I have never waited more than 20 minutes for my appointment - hardly a wait at all compared to other doctors...Thank you Dr.Fiander for my sight!

Submitted Nov. 11, 2011 | flag