Dr. D.C. Fiander

5 1 4.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. D.C. Fiander

Dr. D.C. Fiander's Ratings

I have been a patient with Dr. Fiander since he opened his office in Windsor. He has returned my sight to me twice with prompt and aggressive treatment of my macular degeneration. His explanations and answers are concise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Fiander is a very nice person and an excellent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Great Dr. Lasered up a tear on my retina on very short notice. Was kind and informative on inital visit and follow ups.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Although Dr. Fiander is very knowledgeable and has kept me informed of my eye health, be prepared to WAIT!!!! I was waiting for 2 hours before I inquired as to when I would be seen by him. There were still 12 people ahead of me! Not impressed at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2671157].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Office is a well oiled machine. Yes, patients are "herded" and there isn't much time spent on small talk. But I like the way things work there. Thanks to the tight scheduling, appt. is always pretty well on time. No sitting around for two hours like other specialists. He was a great help with a diabetes related eye problem I was referred to him for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

I tore a retina in the middle of the night last year. After being referred to Dr Fiander by another specialist the next morning I showed up at his office on 20 minutes notice, was taken in and within an hour had the tear repaired. Dr Fiander was very professional and efficient and my follow ups with him were great. I found the staff although busy to be very efficient and helpful. I have had no complications from the repair and my sight in the affected eye is fine now. Should anything happen to my eyes again I would not hesitate to go back to Dr Fiander.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Previously I was assigned to an Eye Doctor that scheduled a surgery during the time for my appointment. I requested another Specialist and Dr Fiander has been seeing me for the last two years. Efficient and business like he has provided medication that has helped my condition and I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I find Dr. Fiander very professional and kind when he speaks with you. He knows what he is doing and I am happy to have him as my Specialist. He always answers whatever questions I may have and yes he is busy but takes whatever time needed to answer them thouroughly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Dr.Fiander is a valuable resource to his field, he has several tools he uses to measure various parts of the eye. The appointments go quickly, with you in and out of different rooms (herded along with 20 other people) havign drops, measurements or doing eye tests. Finally you see the Doctor. He is quick to explain / update you on your eyes or your progress. I find that if I have questions, have them ready so you can get them all in quickly-one thing I appreciate, if Dr.Fiander doesn't know the answer - he will get it for you, following up within a few days. I don't like how scheduling works once you are further into the process, two appts, one for your measurements and another, later to see the doctor. You get eye drops at both which means two days of sensitive eyes with light sensitivity (makes it hard for people trying to schedule leave from work)plus paying for parking two times is a pain. There is no need to make this a two trip appt. other than dr. availability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1731079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

Dr. Fiander is a jewel amongst ophthalmologists. He is always up to date with new procedures, and is constantly upgrading his considerable skills. He works both in Windsor and Detroit, and with the little time he has left, he also teaches and gives lectures. His staff are highly trained and friendly. The office runs like clockwork, even with constant emergencies to contend with - one of which recently was me. He saved my sight after a very difficult retinal detachment, and for that, I will always remain grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1731078].votes_count ]]