Rate Dr. Claudette McKenzie-Albin

Dr. Claudette McKenzie-Albin's Ratings

I did not have a good experience with Dr. Mackenzie. I went to see her for a bad discharge that I had. She said everything was normal. I went to see Dr Jenny Chang. She found that I had a bacterial infection. She put me on antibiotics and is taking additional tests on me. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Elena McAneny

Submitted March 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mckenzie did not actually listen to my question, and after one visit wanted to put my on clomid, without even telling me what this medication was for. Granted, at the time I wasn't even ready to try for a baby! Fortunately I knew what clomid was and told the nurse I did not want the meds. I am with a new Dr. and am three months pregnant after 4 months of trying, without clomid. I definitely DO NOT recommend Dr. Mckenzie.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Claudette McKenzie has no heart, no personality, no compassion, no sense of humor, nothing. My wife had to endure her pregnancy with her for 30 weeks, then switched to Dr. La Tayna Hines who was beyond wonderful. I think she needs to learn to listen and be a little compassionate and thoughtful. She is rigid and mean sometimes. I know she has delivered hundreds of babies, but she really made the 30 of the 40 week process, pretty miserable.

Submitted June 10, 2009 | flag

I am extremely surprised by all of the negative reviews. I am a 38 year old first time mom, and Dr. McKenzie has far exceeded my expectations, and has provided me with exceptional care. Her easygoing and friendly attitude has really put me at ease throughout my pregnancy. Everyone in her office is warm, caring and knowledgeable. When I recently called her office with symptoms of preterm labor, she made time to see me within an hour, did an exam and ultrasound, and immediately placed me on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. She also prescribed medication to stop the preterm labor. It is true that I do end up waiting as much as an hour for my appointment, but I take that as a sign that the doctor is a good one, with a great reputation, who has many happy patients. One thing I can't understand with all of the negative reviews is, if Dr. McKenzie is so horrible, I would expect there to be few patients and low wait times. Instead, the opposite is true.

Submitted April 2, 2009 | flag

I completely agree with most of the negative comments made about Dr. Claudette Mckenzie.Let me tell you about my story Dr. Mckenzie Delivered my first baby girl and thank god I had a sucessful c-section. But this is the catch after my delivery I started to go to my appt for my c-section incision to make sure my incision was healing correctly at all my after delivery appts dr mckenzie assisst droctor dr zoya saw me. I noticed my stomach would not go down come to find out that I had a incisional hernia and it's huge I asked dr mckenzie how to get rid of the hernia she told me to do crunches which I thhink she knew was wrong. I have to get surgery which is the only way to get rid of a incisional hernia all of this could have been prevent I found OUT fRO other OBGYNs. Now I stuck with having to get re operated on to repair my incisional hernia and sleepless nights of the big bulge that is painful BEAWARE PLS IF IT WASN'T FOR DOCTOR ZOYA TELLING ME TO CONSULT WITH MY GENERAL MD i'D PROBABLY BE DEAD.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2009 | flag

I went to Dr. McKenzie for a number of years for my annual exam. I really hated the ultra long wait in the waiting room, followed by the even longer wait in nothing but an open gown in the exam room, for a 5 minute exam. One year, I asked her a question about my birth control (it was on the news that the birth control she had prescribed was potentially unsafe) and she responded that the question was ridiculous. I decided then that I was going to change doctors to someone who wouldn't make me wait naked for over an hour and actually took my questions seriously. She's fine if you don't mind the wait, you don't need to talk to your doctor, and you never have any issues, but I kept wondering what kind of treatment I would get if things weren't normal. I am at a much better OB/GYN now. Beware of this office.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2008 | flag

I had her for my 2nd child - the big red flag - beside the long wait was the before/after picture in the waiting room of a post partum tummy and then the after when it had been "fixed" by dr McKenzie's husband - plastic surgeon, dr albin - annoying - The whole office was a mess - the handwritten sign taped to the ultrasound machine noting that "extra" ultrasounds were $50 each was annoying - also it was not uncommon that I would wait +30 min in the waiting room then another 45-60 minutes in the waiting room, in a paper gown...Dr McKenzie sat me down the first appt to go over a little calendar she gave me - she rolled her eyes at me when I failed to bring it to subsequent appts - again this was my 2nd child - When I switched to one of her associates - purely due to my schedule - she acted very hurt and angry with me - Unfortunately she ended up circumcising my son - and now at 3 years later, we find she did it wrong - he needs a redo - I could go on and on...FIND ANOTHER DOC!

Submitted Aug. 5, 2008 | flag

GRACE (DR. MCKENZIE'S NP) WAS HELPFUL OVER THE PHONE. SHE CALMED MY NERVES DOWN WHEN I FOUND OUT MY PAPSMEAR CAME BACK ABNORMAL. MOST OF MY VISITS I WAITED AT LEAST AN HOUR. ALTHOUGH HER STAFF (RECEPTIONIST, NURSE ASSISTANT--LILY) ARE VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONAL. MOST OF MY VISITS I WAITED AT LEAST AN HOUR. SINCE MY FIRST VISIT W/ HER, DR. MCKENZIE SEEMED VERY UNINVOLVED AND NOT NURTURING. VERY MATTER-OF-FACTLY, BUT LIKE WHAT I READ, HEARTLESS.I WAS VERY SICK SOON AFTER DELIVERY (HIGH BP), BUT I LAY IN MATERNITY 3!!! DAYS AND SHE DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH ME. MY BP WENT TO 200/110'S, AND SHE DIDNT HAVE A DIAGNOSIS. SHE GAVE ME DRUGS TO GET BP DOWN BUT DIDNT HELP.AFTER 3 DAYS, SHE CONSULTED CARDIOLOGISTS AND RENAL MD'S. I WAS THEN TRANSFERED TO ICU/CADIAC UNIT FOR 4 DAYS. VERY SICK.AND WITHIN 20 MINS THERE, I GOT DIAGNOSED W/ HELLP SYNDROM, A SICKNESS ALTHOUGH RARE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED QUICKLY BY AN OB LIKE HER. UP TO 25% FATAL IF NOT DIAGNOSED. LOOK UP HELLP SYNDROME

Submitted Aug. 4, 2008 | flag

DR. MCKENZIE AND HER STAFF ARE WONDERFUL. I RECENTLY BECAME A PATIENT OF DR. MCKENZIE UPON FINDING OUT I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY FIRST CHILD. HER NURSE (GRACE) WAS WONDERFUL IN MEETING WITH ME AND GOING OVER THE DOS AND DONTS OF PREGNANCY AND IS ALWAYS THERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I MAY HAVE. I RECENTLY SUFFERED A MISCARRIAGE AND DR. MCKENZIE WAS VERY SYMPATHETIC AND CARING IN HELPING ME COPE WITH MY LOSS. I THINK SHE HAS WONDERFUL BEDSIDE MANNER AND I AM SO GRATEFUL SHE'S MY DOCTOR.

Submitted May 29, 2008 | flag

While Dr. McKenzie did ultrasounds when needed, I was troubled by her bedside manner during my miscarriage. She was very matter-of-fact. She did not say anything like "sorry for your loss" or explain what I could expect. I was sent home completely unprepared for how physically painful this process was. She has an excellent nurse in the office who is very empathic, but Dr. McKenzie definitely appeared unsympathetic to me.

Submitted April 9, 2008 | flag