You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert McBroom

Dr. Robert McBroom's Ratings

I had a referral t Dr McBroom last May (2014). we heard nothing back froM his office for 3 months so we called inquiring about a time frame and were told "We will call you when we are ready". After another couple of months, during which time I had severe sciatic pain, we called back again to be told by is office "we will call you when we are ready". I returned to my family doctor asking for a referral to another surgeon and got one to a lady in Sudbury, On. The consult with her was December 2, 2014 at which time she told me exactly what needed to be done. She booked the surgery stating it would occur within 6 months. We were called by the hospital in Sudbury in February for a March 4th surgery time. The surgery went very well and |I woke up from the anesthetic without my old sciatic pain . Certainly there was the usual surgical recovery time but the sciatic pain and numbness was gone. Now, 6 weeks after the surgery, I still pinch my self in disbelief of the relief of pain. I have my life back.
BUT I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP FROM DR. McBROOMS OFFICE.
They need to smarten up regarding informing patients what kind of time they can expect to wait before they will even have a consult. Dr. McBroom, I know you are busy but if you read this please set up a protocol to advise patients if and when, if ever, they will ever bee seen.
Almost a year after my referral to you I have heard nothing from your office and another surgeon has rectified my pain issues beautifully. Customer service counts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2774420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Best Dr I have come across for being on time and he talks so you can understand him. No Latin medical terms just straight English. He did a decompression and fusion on my lumbar area. Very little scaring. He is straight forward. IF you do what he says you will be fine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Dr.McBroom did surgery for my mother, she had spinal stenosis &unreversed compression at L5-S1 , he is a wonderful doctor , good manner , his secretory Dona , she is so sweet , definitely I recommond him .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I saw Dr. McBroom in 1984 at the age of 17 when I broke my neck c5 and 2 vertebras in my back. Was in traction in the hospital for a month and a halo vest for 3 months. Dr. McBroom had a funny bedside manner when he would come in everyday to see me and ask me what treats I had to share with him. I am in my late 40s now and have neck pain but I feel its just part of a previous injury with arthritis setting in. He is a great doctor and I hold the highest respect for him. He was working at Wellesley Hospital in Toronto when I saw him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff that are quick to cut you off as you try to explain something. No issues with Dr. McBroom however he is not enthusiastic nor does he display patient interest.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2609317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Had spinal surgery in 2005. was o.k. for a few years, now I have lost 90% feeling in my left foot. Not sure what can be done for this

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. McBroom is one talented, observant surgeon. He has operated on 3 generations in my family - all with GREAT SUCCESS. I will continue to send patients in need of surgery (or consultation) to him. THANK YOU !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1733818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I saw DrMcBroom on 2 April for L4/L5 surgery following an L1 fracture. He examined me thoroughly, and convincingly sugested that I do the biopsy examinanition prior to considering L4/L5 surgery. He personally expedited the scheduling of the Biopsy procedure with Trillium's top Radiologist. I am more than impressed with this Doctors skill,spinal knwledge,attention to detail and patient care. Frank Turner,MSc,PEng

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1733817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

One of the best I have come across.His bedside manner was second to none.Dr McBroom was in to check on me every day I was in the hospital and was very caring about my recovery.I also found him very knowledgable and he explained every concern I had.So far the best Dr I have had operate on me.Thanks a lot!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1733816].votes_count ]]