Rate Dr. Robert McBroom

Dr. Robert McBroom's Ratings

Best Dr I have come across for being on time and he talks so you can understand him. No Latin medical terms just straight English. He did a decompression and fusion on my lumbar area. Very little scaring. He is straight forward. IF you do what he says you will be fine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

Dr.McBroom did surgery for my mother, she had spinal stenosis &unreversed compression at L5-S1 , he is a wonderful doctor , good manner , his secretory Dona , she is so sweet , definitely I recommond him .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I saw Dr. McBroom in 1984 at the age of 17 when I broke my neck c5 and 2 vertebras in my back. Was in traction in the hospital for a month and a halo vest for 3 months. Dr. McBroom had a funny bedside manner when he would come in everyday to see me and ask me what treats I had to share with him. I am in my late 40s now and have neck pain but I feel its just part of a previous injury with arthritis setting in. He is a great doctor and I hold the highest respect for him. He was working at Wellesley Hospital in Toronto when I saw him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2664551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff that are quick to cut you off as you try to explain something. No issues with Dr. McBroom however he is not enthusiastic nor does he display patient interest.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2609317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Had spinal surgery in 2005. was o.k. for a few years, now I have lost 90% feeling in my left foot. Not sure what can be done for this

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. McBroom is one talented, observant surgeon. He has operated on 3 generations in my family - all with GREAT SUCCESS. I will continue to send patients in need of surgery (or consultation) to him. THANK YOU !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1733818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I saw DrMcBroom on 2 April for L4/L5 surgery following an L1 fracture. He examined me thoroughly, and convincingly sugested that I do the biopsy examinanition prior to considering L4/L5 surgery. He personally expedited the scheduling of the Biopsy procedure with Trillium's top Radiologist. I am more than impressed with this Doctors skill,spinal knwledge,attention to detail and patient care. Frank Turner,MSc,PEng

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1733817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

One of the best I have come across.His bedside manner was second to none.Dr McBroom was in to check on me every day I was in the hospital and was very caring about my recovery.I also found him very knowledgable and he explained every concern I had.So far the best Dr I have had operate on me.Thanks a lot!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1733816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2011

After being diagnosed with 2 deteriorating discs and osteo-arthritis, I had lumbar fusion on the L4, L5, S1 in Dec 2009. After 1 year, I am absolutely thrilled with the results! Pre surgery, I couldn't walk more than 100' without sitting, and I couldn't stand for very long. Dr. McBroom did an amazing job, and my scar is hardly noticeable (nice bonus - thanks, doc)! I am in my mid-40's and I am now doing daily workout exercises pain-free! Thanks so much, Dr. McBroom! And as a bonus, I quit my 28yr smoking habit while in hospital!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1733815].votes_count ]]