Rate Dr. Robert McBroom

Dr. Robert McBroom's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. McBroom is one talented, observant surgeon. He has operated on 3 generations in my family - all with GREAT SUCCESS. I will continue to send patients in need of surgery (or consultation) to him. THANK YOU !

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

I saw DrMcBroom on 2 April for L4/L5 surgery following an L1 fracture. He examined me thoroughly, and convincingly sugested that I do the biopsy examinanition prior to considering L4/L5 surgery. He personally expedited the scheduling of the Biopsy procedure with Trillium's top Radiologist. I am more than impressed with this Doctors skill,spinal knwledge,attention to detail and patient care. Frank Turner,MSc,PEng

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

One of the best I have come across.His bedside manner was second to none.Dr McBroom was in to check on me every day I was in the hospital and was very caring about my recovery.I also found him very knowledgable and he explained every concern I had.So far the best Dr I have had operate on me.Thanks a lot!!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2011 | flag

After being diagnosed with 2 deteriorating discs and osteo-arthritis, I had lumbar fusion on the L4, L5, S1 in Dec 2009. After 1 year, I am absolutely thrilled with the results! Pre surgery, I couldn't walk more than 100' without sitting, and I couldn't stand for very long. Dr. McBroom did an amazing job, and my scar is hardly noticeable (nice bonus - thanks, doc)! I am in my mid-40's and I am now doing daily workout exercises pain-free! Thanks so much, Dr. McBroom! And as a bonus, I quit my 28yr smoking habit while in hospital!!!

Submitted Jan. 19, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Mc Broom at Trillium Hospital due to an injury and he despite the pain that I suffering from he forced me back to work. As a result i sustained more damage and saw another orthapedic surgeon who said that I had to undergo a serious surgery. It lasted more than 5 hours requiring my foot and ankle to be dramatically altered! NO thanks to Dr. Mc Broom! He is unfit to practice. Why did he not send me for a CAT scan or other tests knowing how much pain I was in? Do not see him or any other doctor in emerge of that hospital.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2010 | flag

I had lower back fusion in 2003, and I thank this dr. every day for giving me my life back. My back isn't perfect, but 100% better than i was before the surgery!! I spent 1 year listening to dr.s in Peterborough ask me what drug I wanted for pain, when I told them time after time something major was wrong, and no one listened. I was in Dr. Mc Broom's office for less than 30 seconds when he told me I was in for major surgery. I still keep track of where he is incase I run into problems again. I wouldn't let anyone else touch my back. He is very friendly and up front which I really liked. Thank you again Dr. McBroom, you really did give me my life back.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

I had a lumbar decompression of the L4-S1 due to DDD and a herniated disc at L4-5 back in January 09. Unfortunately, there were complications and I needed a second surgery a week after to repair a CSF leak. On closer examination, it was discovered that I was numb in my groin and buttocks regions. Also, a new pain in my calf and foot, all these conditions were post op. To make a long story short, I fell into the 2% range of surgery causing nerve damage. This is something I have to live with for the rest of my life. But I knew the risks going in to the surgery that had a 65% success rate. I have had a bad back since the early '90s and I'm in my early 40's now. But through all the time in the hospital, 3 weeks, and following office check ups; Dr. McBroom was there for me all the way. He showed great bed side manner and was there to answer all the questions I had. Even though my surgery did not go as planned, I still trust this doctor and believe he is a great surgeon and human being!

Submitted Nov. 27, 2009 | flag

I was admitted to hospital with a fractured pelvis. Dr. McBroom visited me only twice; once to inform me that I had a fractured pelvis and the second time to order me after only three days in hospital to leave because they needed the bed. He showed no interest in me and never examined me. I visited him later for an examination of my x-trays to determine how well my fracture had healed. He spent exactly 3 minutes with me and told me that my pelvis had healed well, no thanks to him! He is one of the worst, uncaring doctors I have ever encountered.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2009 | flag

I am 3 months post opl5 fusion and I thought I was doing well.I went off most pain meds and have severe pain in both legs and back.Not sure what is going on.I don't know if it is normal or not.I am going to request a CT scan.If I need any more help I will go back to Dr. McBroom

Submitted Nov. 18, 2009 | flag