Dr. Sylvia Garnis-Jones

Dr. Sylvia Garnis-Jones

Rate Dr. Sylvia Garnis-Jones

Dr. Sylvia Garnis-Jones's Ratings

I was referred to dr. Jones a few years ago with regards to a "rare" skin condition that affected the hands and feet. My skin and nails on my hands and feet were falling off, I had options to pull the nails off or just let them fall off and my hand a feet had blood blisters all over them. After seeing dr. Jones she looked at me for a few minutes, glanced at my hands and feet and told me "I would have to live with this for the rest of my life". 2 years later for different reasons I decide to go gluten free. After 2 days the blisters stopped completely , I'm at 2 weeks gluten free and I would say 75% completely healed. I absolutely cannot believe it , not only was she wrong but she destroyed any hope of me trying to fix this and I spent 2 yrs suffering because of this. Reconsider your options .

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. Garnis-Jones was thorough and pleasant. She used a large magnifying glass to check my back, shoulder, chest etc and treated areas of concern effectively with dry ice.

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

I had been going there for over a year for UVB light therapy. I went away on vacation, came back and could not get anyone on the phone to make more appointments. Found out she had moved. I left a message at two of her other offices but no call back from anyone. I went to my FD and he advised that she no longer does these treatments. Someone from her office could have had the curtesy to call me about this. Still have the problem but now my FB is taking care of it himself with skin cream that appears to be working better.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2012 | flag

Submitted Aug. 13, 2012 | flag

Very disappointed. Waited 4 months for initial appointment and saw the doctor for 30 seconds. Gave me a touch of "dry ice" product and refused to look at a second site. Second appointment 6 months later, results just as disappointing. Looks like an advertisement for botox gone bad. Will never return.

Submitted July 1, 2012 | flag

Have had two appointments near the end of the day and both were over an hour and a half late. Your appointment becomes very rushed and Dr is impatient and short both with the patient and her staff. Will not perform even the most minor of surgery (referral) beyond a biopsy ,won't look at more than one issue (another appointment) and has the bedside manner of a porcupine. I felt my first experience may have been a bad day so I refrained from any rating until a second experience. No difference ...she is what she is. I have had years of skin cancer treatment by other dermatologists and always left with a confidence that I had been carefully examined ...not so with Garis-Jones...because I haven't.If you have been referred but have yet to see this doctor - go back to your family physician and ask for a different Dermatologist.With respect to the support staff , they have been friendly ,efficient,apologetic , and then the "Doctor" snaps at them .

Submitted June 26, 2012 | flag

went to her acouple years ago for a skin problem that i still have. she gave me cream, and i asked her if there was steroids and something else in it (cant remember right now what it was) she seemed to be put off about it and said no neither one is in it. went home and did some homework on what she gave me. low and behold they were in it. so when i went back i told her i didn't use the cream because of my findings. she stood up and started yelling at me then told me to move to the usa if i wanted proper treatment and to get out of her office. and thats just the short version. very very rude, impersonal doc. DO NOT GO TO HER WORST DOC IVE EVER CAME ACROSS

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

It saddens me greatly to hear the reviews on Dr. Garnis-Jones. I have been seeing her for many years, first as an OHIP patient and then a Cosmetic patient. I also have worked as clinical assistant for ten years and can tell you that Dr. Garnis-Jones is an amazing Dermatologist, far better than many of the phonies out there. The only reason her office appears as an assembly line and wait times are longer than her cosmetic practice is because there are simply far more people requiring medical treatment than cosmetic. She tries to fit in as many patients in a day as she can in order to keep the wait from being 6 months long. If she cared more about her cosmetic patients then she wouldn't be working 4 days a week seeing Medical Patients and only one day a week seeing cosmetic. This is just the nature of the free health care system. A few months wait is better than thousands of dollars you would have spent if you were an American. Dr. Garnis-Jones is a human too, have some understanding.

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

What a beech! She was rude and rushed me out of the office without wanting to hear my concerns. I pointed out a mole (the reason for my visit) of concern, only to be told "that's because it's not a mole" and bam, my appointment was over. Are there no good OHIP dermatologists in the Niagara area any more? Sad!

Submitted April 1, 2012 | flag

So disappointed!!! GP referred me to her. Waited 3 months for appt. didn't even get to see her or told that she wouldn't be my Dr. Was supposed to get UV therapy, Over one month waiting for fist UV session and the appt. times are all booked up. Proper UV therapy is ever other day for 8-12 sessions. I couldn't get more then 2 in a week. The booth is filthy and over half the bulbs are burnt out. Don't go here they don't care!!

Submitted March 13, 2012 | flag