Rate Dr. Andrew G. Mahaffey

Dr. Andrew G. Mahaffey's Ratings

From rachel silva the best dr.in texas love dr.mahaffey.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

The absolute WORST OB/GYN ever! I would NOT recommend him to anyone! I have told the birth center I went to (who agreed w/ me) & my current ob for my current pregnancy about the HORRIBLE birth experience I had with this man! He scheduled me for an induction on my first pregnancy, rushed me through labor (which I had only been in for 10 hours), broke my water W/OUT my consent(I didn't want my membranes broken & for my child to be born en caul unless my water broke naturally) & attempted to send me for a C-section. I had to fight tooth and nail for a natural delivery as NOTHING was wrong with the health or well being of my child or myself. He also used FORCEPS during my delivery which I was uneducated about until after giving birth. Not 15 minutes after I gave birth did he shake my husband's hand and tell us he was leaving for vacation. This sorry excuse of a human being put myself and my child in harms way & severe pain for his own personal gain. DO NOT USE HIM FOR YOUR OB!

Submitted Oct. 22, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mahaffey was my OB while living in Texas. I absolutely love Dr Mahaffey. I did have bad experiences with losses, which could have been prevented if he hadn't been out of town. The in call Doctor had me wishing Dr. Mahaffey would show up at any minute. I do believe i wouldn't have had 2 second trimester losses had Mahaffey been there to help instead of the on call doctor.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mahaffey has been my OB throughout a very high risk pregnancy. I started seeing him at twenty weeks after I first moved to Texas. The set of OB's I had before him I HATED, I was overly anxious and always worrying. He has always been very thorough, with a great bedside manner and made sure I left every visit feeling calmer and more positive. If there has been any complications or worries he has been quick to fit me in and answer any questions I have, never making me feel like I have a dumb question or stupid worry, as a first time mom I truly appreciate that. I feel comfortable and less nervous knowing he will be the one delivering my child. I really trust him as my doctor.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

He deliverd my one and only child and I will be forever greatful to him..Although, I was high risk he assured me that my baby would be delivered and never let me down.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

Dr Mahaffey is the best. Listens to you and doesn't rush you along. He really cares.

Submitted July 15, 2013 | flag

Hands down the BEST OB! Experienced, knowledgeable and has a way of putting you at ease. After being bounced around to various OBs in the Fort Hood area, we finally found Dr. MaHaffey at 33 weeks into my first pregnancy. He went on to deliver all three of our children and become like a part of our family. Can not sing his praises enough!

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

I contacted Dr. Mahaffey's office after finding a lump in my breast. Although I had not previously been a patient, his staff worked me in later that same day. He was very professional and caring during the examination and scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound the next day. He was not satisfied with the radiologist's suggestion that I go home and come back in six months for more tests so he set up an MRI and needle biopsy. Within 10 days, I was diagnosed with an uncommon form of breast cancer and during my surgery, it was determined that it had not spread to my lymph nodes. Had Dr. Mahaffey not been persistent, I would have gone home as instructed and the outcome could have been much different six months later. I will always be very grateful to him and his staff as I feel that they saved my life!

Submitted July 8, 2012 | flag

I highly recommend him. I've been seeing him as my Gyno for 5 years and now as my OB with my first pregnancy. My husband loves him and says you can really tell how much he cares about his patients!

Submitted May 23, 2012 | flag

I used dr mahaffey going on 3 times for delivery. Loved his staff and his personality. Always made me and my spouse very comfortable as well as very clear and helpful with any questions we have. Apts same day if needed. Always within reach even after hours. Definatly would recogmend...if fact i have!!!!!

Submitted Feb. 20, 2011 | flag