Rate Dr. Donald Gibb

Dr. Donald Gibb's Ratings

This doctor is the best. He took the time to listen and even agree to take a patient from another doctor due to a difference of opinion. He treated me and still treats me with respect and without a doubt is a doctor who will educate himself if he does not know about a certain medical condition to make sure that a patient is getting the best care possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2714740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

I feel like he just doesn't really care anymore.he is busy and doesn't take the time to fully answer questions and is dismissive when you think one thing and he thinks another.nothing is open to discussion and he asks very little questions.I don't know how this man is still practicing with all these negative reviews on here

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

I agree with most comments here. I think Dr Gibb is excellent at diagnosing medical problems but not a great doctor. You will wait 45 minutes to get a 3 minute appointment. He will not take the time to get a family history or baseline on problems or take the time to explain what is wrong and what caused it and what your options are. The bright side is that he will always see you .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I seen him when I had excruciating sharp pains in my abdomen, it hurt to walk and pee. Without examining me or asking further questions he sent me on my way and told me to drink some cranberry juice?! Well i did the old lady shuffle at Safeway and grabbed 3 jugs of cranberry juice. A few hours later I was at the ER with a 2 cysts on my ovary, one if which had twisted, thus the excruciating pain. Never went back to that quack. Instead of rushing people in and out, perhaps listen and help or take up his hobby of hunting full time. We need doctors with a good bedside manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Dr. Gibb has been our family doctor for almost 10 years. He has always referred us when needed. Referred us again when we hated the specialist he sent us to. He always takes time to answer my questions. He was great delivering my babies, especially when i had a retained placenta with two of them. I prefer we don't take meds so he only prescribes when very necessary. Sometimes we need to ask more specifically for certain tests but he always accommodates those requests.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

You'll wait 45 minutes to see him. You no time to ask him questions. I always feel like he's rushung me out the door. He acts offended if you ask for a referral (I requestedan ob while pregnant and he acted so childish).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

My 18 year old daughter is on a contraceptive pill and one of the side effects is depression. She hasn't been really happy with the pill so went to see him to switch. Instead of suggesting a different pill, or even a different form of contraceptive. He gave her a prescription for depression! Does anybody else think is crazy?! And I agree with a lot of comments here about feeling rushed, don't think he really cares and has a "whatever" attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

RUSHED APPOINTMENT,DID NOT TAKE TIME TO HERE ME OUT,WOULD NOT TAKE THE TIME TO CALL MY PHARMACIST BACK ON A VERY IMPORTANT MATTER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I ALWAYS FEEL VERY RUSHED IN APPOINTMENTS. HE DOES NOT TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN. I'M GIVEN ABOUT 1 - 2 MINUTES TO DISCUSS ANY ISSUE, THEN HE RUSHES OUT THE DOOR. I GO TO HIM IF I NEED AN ANTIBIOTIC, BUT I DON'T TRUST THAT HE IS THOROUGH AS FAR AS MY GENERAL HEALTH AND I GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR OUT OF TOWN FOR A CHECK-UP OR ANY OTHER ISSUES. VERY POOR IN DEALING WITH PATIENTS. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK ANY PRESCRIPTIONS YOU ARE GIVEN, AS I WAS GIVEN SOMEBODY ELSE'S PRESCRIPTION ONCE AND DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL THE PHARMACY POINTED IT OUT!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr Gibb is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. I have never been misdiagnosed, unheard, or unable to have him sit a second and listen to me. Yes he is quick... But I would much rather that than have him running constantly behind making me wait in the waiting room or in his office. I have approached seeing him with a smile and positive attitude and I always receive it back from him and his staff. He delivered my son last May and helped see me through a non medicated natural birth because althrough my pregnancy I had said that is what I wanted and he was an excellent coach when I needed him to be. We are moving away from the Lethbridge area and if our family could take him with us we would!! Also for those who enjoy whining and tearing down a great doctor here is some food for thought. ANYTIME we needed to see him sickness, low milk supply, basically anything we needed to get in to see him for he would squeeze me in to his already booked solid day to take care of us.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1747700].votes_count ]]