Rate Dr. Donald Gibb

Dr. Donald Gibb's Ratings

My 18 year old daughter is on a contraceptive pill and one of the side effects is depression. She hasn't been really happy with the pill so went to see him to switch. Instead of suggesting a different pill, or even a different form of contraceptive. He gave her a prescription for depression! Does anybody else think is crazy?! And I agree with a lot of comments here about feeling rushed, don't think he really cares and has a "whatever" attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

RUSHED APPOINTMENT,DID NOT TAKE TIME TO HERE ME OUT,WOULD NOT TAKE THE TIME TO CALL MY PHARMACIST BACK ON A VERY IMPORTANT MATTER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I ALWAYS FEEL VERY RUSHED IN APPOINTMENTS. HE DOES NOT TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN. I'M GIVEN ABOUT 1 - 2 MINUTES TO DISCUSS ANY ISSUE, THEN HE RUSHES OUT THE DOOR. I GO TO HIM IF I NEED AN ANTIBIOTIC, BUT I DON'T TRUST THAT HE IS THOROUGH AS FAR AS MY GENERAL HEALTH AND I GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR OUT OF TOWN FOR A CHECK-UP OR ANY OTHER ISSUES. VERY POOR IN DEALING WITH PATIENTS. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK ANY PRESCRIPTIONS YOU ARE GIVEN, AS I WAS GIVEN SOMEBODY ELSE'S PRESCRIPTION ONCE AND DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL THE PHARMACY POINTED IT OUT!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr Gibb is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. I have never been misdiagnosed, unheard, or unable to have him sit a second and listen to me. Yes he is quick... But I would much rather that than have him running constantly behind making me wait in the waiting room or in his office. I have approached seeing him with a smile and positive attitude and I always receive it back from him and his staff. He delivered my son last May and helped see me through a non medicated natural birth because althrough my pregnancy I had said that is what I wanted and he was an excellent coach when I needed him to be. We are moving away from the Lethbridge area and if our family could take him with us we would!! Also for those who enjoy whining and tearing down a great doctor here is some food for thought. ANYTIME we needed to see him sickness, low milk supply, basically anything we needed to get in to see him for he would squeeze me in to his already booked solid day to take care of us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

We are new residents. Our first impression of Dr. Gibb was that he was rushed and not as attentive as he should be. We took our infant daughter for her first physical and it lasted about 3 minutes...hardly comprehensive. He does not seem the best listener, perhaps because he is so time poor, but we have to say Dr. Gibb was friendly and polite. The photos on his wall of dead turkeys was a little weird as well. Just think the hunting photos might be best hung in the den at home and not in a professional medical office. We are from a family of Doctors and thus have pretty good radar for textbook medical practice and we left his clinic feeling very uneasy. One of the front desk staff members in this clinic is quite rude as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

I am suffering many symptoms of hypothyroidism, but because my blood tests fall within an [arbitrary] "normal" range, I'm dismissed. He didn't want to listen to all my symptoms, and it didn't matter that I did three months of research into the details of the condition. He treats according to lab results and not according to symptoms. My impression of his demeanor was that I an inconvenient waste of his time. I get that impression because he blew me off within 5 minutes. While I point out that he is an independently practicing physician, the slogan of that clinic was "Putting Patients First." I wish that were accurate in this case, but sadly it is not and I have to continue suffering instead if being healed and cared about. His bedside manner wasn't that great because he was impatient to leave me and I has to ask him to stay and listen multiple times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

shocked! im a professional athlete and a very busy father of 2, when i finally found the time to see him he did the first thing on my list and pushed me out the door leaving me with 2 broken ribs"un-diagnosed" a hernia "un-diagnosed" stomach ulcer" un-diagnosed" as well as sever headaches that he told me are very serious if i haven't had headaches in the past...then pushed me out the door without looking into it.your a terrible person dr.gibb and should be stripped of your title. the medical situation in lethbridge is out of hand. worst dr. ever...have a heart man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

After our family doctor retired we were passed over to Dr. Gibb. We had dealt with him for many years prior whenever our doctor was on vacation as well. I have not had one appointment with him that made me feel heard, important or taken care of. It is very unfortunate that our city is so short of doctors. I feel that is the only reason Dr. Gibb is kept busy. He seems to just want to get the appointment over and write a prescription or tell you nothing is wrong. I have since moved my entire family to a different clinic, and it's a shame. Thankfully we have found a Dr similar to our original one who sees you as a person, not just a blip on the day's schedule.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I have never had a doctor brush me off like Gibb has! He makes me feel like a hypochondriac for coming in to see him. I am 27 and haven't had a period in three months, I checked and made sure I wasn't pregnant and went to see Gibb. He told me it wasn't a big deal and to come to him when I was trying to get pregnant and we would look into it then. WTF??? I could have something seriously wrong and he didn't want to hear it. He always makes me feel rushed, he brushes off any of my health concerns. When I came down with severe food poisoning that lasted over a week I went to see him and he prescribed fibre pills! My co worker who had the same thing got a myriad of tests done because her doctor was actually concerned. I am currently trying to find a new doctor because I have never had such a terrible, uncaring doctor before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Most Terrible dr I have ever been to. he doesnt sit down he doesnt let me explain my symptoms he just thinks he knows exactly what is wrong without asking questions or looking at anything. I was with him a few days ago and I am never going back. I was in for trouble breathing and a terrible cough. He didnt let me explain anything and he didnt look or listen to anything, he just gave me a perscription. I got some sort of pill and Codiene. He did not tell me what was wrong with me so I asked the pharmasist and it turns out I have a lung infection. Not inpressed with Dr Gibb I would hvae liked to know what was wrong with me before I went to pick up the medication. I think you need to be told if you have a lung infection! NOT IMPRESSED!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1747701].votes_count ]]