Dr. Kenneth B. Chapman

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/12/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 25 reviews. Dr. Kenneth B. Chapman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is he an orthopedic dr?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Kenneth B. Chapman
Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5491741
23/05/14 4 4 5 5 Dr.Chapman has saved me from having to go on SSDI by helping me manage my pain from a rare bone/blood cancer. While he is best known for his work on spinal issue- I must say he has found the combination of pain patch and oral medication that enables me to be largely pain free without feeling all "drugged" and sleepy. I am able to continue working full time in my normal capacity. I have sent other friends to him with the same results. He is a champion. The PA's are equally talented and I am comfortable doing all my follow up with them.  Respond

21/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 5306901
25/03/14 5 5 5 5 he is a great doctor and the staff is very nice and helpful and the place is very clean. i am very satisfied with the doctor and the staff. thank you
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 3590476
29/10/13 5 5 5 5 Wow! What an amazing doctor! After going through 10 doctors I finally found dr chapman! Dr chapman has helped me significantly with finding the root to all my pain! All other doctors made me feel like I was a liar. Dr chapman took me seriously and got me the treatment I needed. The staff is amazing too! What wonderful people. I travel over an hour away to see dr chapman! If I can recommend one doctor who will actually sit down with you and take time to explain the issues your having and actually find the root of the pain, dr chapman is the one! Dr chapman is a life saver! I can not thank him enough for what he has done for me and how he treated me! If your looking for that doctor who actually cares and who is well educated , then go visit dr chapman!
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 2742845
31/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chapman is a wonderful doctor. He has helped me immeasurably with managing pain. I am able to walk any distance I choose because of his exceptional care and treatment. I am grateful for his expertise.  Respond
RID: 2609183
05/04/13 5 5 5 5 I came to the doctors office with a pain level of 8-9 and I could hardly walk. After being interviewed, I was completely assured that this was the procedure for me. Dr. Chapman and his assistance both explained my problems to me in a manner that I could understand. It is now 24 hours since my treatment and my pain level is at 3-4 with no pain in my lower back and I can walk pain free. I have had back pain since Jan 5,2013, now I am feeling the least amount of pain since then. The personnel at this office were so concerned about me and my suffering that they could not do enough to help me be pain free. There were kind, courteous, extreme professional and efficient in all of their duties. The office has an extreme professional athmosphere, it was not a long and boring wait as in most offices, in fact it was quite nice.
RID: 2588144
18/03/13 4 3 5 5 Dr. Chapman is one of the few doctors that takes the time to listen and offer options.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 2569121
24/02/13 5 5 5 5 Four years ago I was in so much back pain that I was prepared to go for spine surgery. Physical therapy and over the counter medications didn't work. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, a herniated disc, and spondylolisthesis. I spoke to two doctors who both recommened surgery but after doing some research I found that it only had a 30-50% success rate. My internist and my physical therapist then recommended Dr Chapman to me. Dr Chapman took the time to explain all of my options. He is one of the most caring Doctors I've ever met. Everyone in the office is equally caring and professional. After receiving Epidural injections periodically, my pain was greatly reduced and I was abe to avoid the risky surgery and continue working and enjoying my life.  Respond
RID: 2567505
22/02/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Chapman is a wonderful, personalble doctor for pain management. He will always do his best to help you with you pain. He is very knowledgeable in his field. He does epidural injections and other procedures to get rid of your pain.
RID: 2546916
31/01/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Chapman is always kind, considerate and attentive to his patients. He is a consumate professional.
RID: 2545160
29/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kenneth Chapman and his staff are wonderful. Dr. Chapman is so compassionate and responsible - I trust him 110% and his staff is wonderful - both in NYC and SI. I have been a patient of Dr. Chapman's for several years and each time - he has made me feel better when my pain was unbearable and all I could do was cry. He gave me hope and took my pain away.
RID: 2486946
30/11/12 5 3 5 5 First-rate doctor, staff, office, and experience. I had spent almost a year with lower back pain and about 9 months going to physical therapy. After two visits and two cortisone shots, I feel much better and have been able to resume exercising and am without pain most of the time. So glad I found this doctor! All of the staff here were incredibly knowledgable, patient, and considerate, so when it came time for me to get anesthesia and get my shots, I felt confident that I was in good hands. Highly recommend.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2484367
28/11/12 5 5 5 5 I rated Kenneth B. Chapman, M.D., his practice and his staff in the New York, Ny Office exceptionally high because it is what they deserve. The staff, as well as Dr. Chapman is courteous, polite and attentive. And, I have witnessed the level of patience exuberated with difficult patients, they are just awesome. And, the time they spend listening to and addressing your concerns is"one of a kind!" In conclusion, Dr. Chapman has the most coordinated, trained, supervised, formulated practice I have ever visited. I am highly satisfied and I would recommend anyone to seek treatment in his practice. My hat goes off to Dr.Chapman and his exceptional staff!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2468209
07/11/12 5 5 5 5 Great Doctors, PA's, medoical assistants, office staff and management! I am mobile and walking!! As a former dancer with old injuries, terrible arthritis, etc etc. my fear was that I would not have the ability to lead a normal life (chasing a 14-year old daughter, too!). Doctor Chapman and his and really excellent technicians and are caring human beings. I feel very blessed to have found Dr. Chapman and his folks (I go to the Manhattan office).Thank you!~I. Garrett
RID: 2430709

21/09/12 2 1 1 1 I only waited about 40 minutes which is the norm at Drs in NYC. The staff was relatively courteous. Then came Dr. Chapman Without even speaking to me, examining me, or reading a history he decided that I was an addict who needed to go to detox. Just because I am young it does not mean that I don't have a very complex pain problem that has taken several years to diagnose properly. He decided that I have fibromyagia-which is incorrect without laying a hand on me or reading any records. I went there for one thing and one thing only-a intrathecal pump trial. After seeing several specialists in the city they ALL decided that this was the best thing for me to do. I was incredibly wary of it at first, but after several well known doctors come to the same conclusion one is more likely to take it under advisement. No wonder he couldn't even get into med school in this country. Rude, nasty, and pompous.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
See Responses
RID: 2161870
28/05/12 5 5 5 5 AFTER HAVING MANY TREATMENTS.BUY MANY PAIN MANAGMENT DOCTORS.AFTER A 3 YEAR PERIOD.AND LOTS OF PAIN IN MY BACK FROM SPINAL STENOSIS. DR. CHAPMAN IS THE ONLY ONE WHO TOOK MY PAIN AWAY . WITH HIS PROCEDURE.GREAT JOB DOCTOR AND THANK YOU MARLENE KOFSKY.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1642603
23/11/11 5 5 5 5 I am an experienced consumer. This Doctor is a wonderful practitioner. Anyone who says he's arrogant must be a complete egomaniac. Wonderful and professional staff, lovely office; moderate waiting time. Life is not MacDonald's folks (and thank goodness it isn't). I've called during emergencies and have been helped immediately. This office is The Trader Joe's of Doctor's offices!
RID: 1466837
17/06/11 5 5 5 5 Without warning I found myself in severe pain from cervical radiculopathy. The pain was so intense it took 12 hours for emergency room caregivers to bring it to a tolerable level. Without hesitation, the head of neurosurgery at a prominent Manhattan hospital referred me to Dr. Chapman. It took Dr. Chapman less than 30 minutes to give me back my wonderful life. I thank Dr. Chapman, along with his compassionate staff: Physician Assistant, Danielle; Head Medical Assistant, Marilyn; Office Manager, Yadira "Jay"; Surgical Technician, Lorna; and Anesthesiologist, Dr. Gopal, for graciously waiting well past their regular work day (on a Friday, no less) to relieve me of my pain. Pain is a mind-killer. Thankfully, we can turn to the team at Spine Pain Institute for rescue.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1444455
18/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chapman is an exceptional doctor who exemplifies patience & compassion for all his patients. He took the time to answer all of my questions and go over all options available for me in full detail. During my procedure every member of his staff was caring & warm. I have never felt more comfortable & at ease at any doctor's office! I would recommend him & his staff to anyone in need of a pain management specialist!  Respond
RID: 1421271
20/04/11 5 5 5 5 My visit to Dr. Chapman's office was fantastic from beginning to end. I was well received at the front desk, the doc took his time to explain the procedure to me making feel comfortable and recovery room was equipped with comfortable chairs and curtains for privacy. Most importantly, after months of agonizing pain and PT I was able to sit through my sons entire soccer game the following weekend acutally enjoying it. As a diabetic athlete I have had my shares of doctors visits in the past and can only say that I find Dr Chapman to be a truly knowledgable and genuinely caring physician. I take my hat off to Dr. Chapman!!! I wish that there were more doctors like him. Thank you from myself and my entire family

RID: 1412406
11/04/11 5 5 1 2 Not such a nice doctor. He was arrogant and did not seem to care about my pain. He brushed me off. I will not ever go back.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 1092100
29/01/10 5 4 5 4 dr chapman is not willing to listen..very arrogant. dr kang being let go was a big mistake..he was a much better doctor than dr. chapman whose ego is bigger than his practice. i wouldnt reccommend him to anyone...he is horrible. but the staff like receptionists are great.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 904061
03/06/09 5 5 5 5 I was thrilled to find this doctor. His staff were professional and I was never kept waiting more than 15 minutes. I looked forward to going to the doctor knowing that when I was awaken, I was never alone and the Dr. was warm and caring. When I felt a person on his team was not as helpful as I felt they should have been as part of the team that person was spoke with. This doctor should be recognized by his specialty as a leader in the field. What good is a good doctor, if they are not personable. Dr. Chapman is the best. He has a wonderful personality and will exhaust all options until he finds a solution to your particular issue. I wish there were more doctors like him. Excellent!
RID: 618497
14/06/08 5 4 5 5 I saw 3 pain specialists before him that did not help. I can't thank him enough for giving me my life back. Excellent doctor.  Respond
RID: 570008
18/04/08 5 5 5 5 After seeing three doctors, I was thrilled this one cared enough to help me out of pain. He is knowledgeable and excellent at what he does. I've been to plenty of doctors, believe me your in good hands.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 75309
01/01/07 4 5 5 excellent bedside manner. Compassionate. Was able to help me after others told me there was nothing left.
Insurance: Oxford