Rate Dr. Bernard G Yau

Dr. Bernard G Yau's Ratings

Dr. Yau is talented, knowledgeable and professional. I always have a comfortable and positive experience and would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Bernie Yay is the best dentist I've ever had. I was so lucky to end up with him when my previous dentist retired. I have never met another health professional who was so personable, understanding, gentle and competent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Dr. Yau has is very skilled and has always been helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I have recommended him to my friends and co-workers and will continue to do so.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

He saved my smile! I chipped multiple teeth in an accident and Dr. Yau restored them so well I still haven't had to have one root canal (though he said it will be inevitable). Dentist friends of mine back home couldn't beleive the work he did on my front teeth saying they could never have done such a good job. He is genuine about wanting the best for your teeth, not trying to rip you off.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

Bernie Yau is simply, without exaggeration, the best dentist I have ever had. My Benefits manager at work recommended him when I told her that I somehow always manage to find the most opportunistic and ****ing dentists whenever I'm on an excellent dental plan (as I now am). As a result of legendary dental opportunism, I became reluctant to see anyone, on top of an already scaredy-cat approach to dentists. Bernie is kind, patient, communicative and funny. He does not exploit one's benefits; and will advise against unnecessary procedures. He believes in waiting something out, rather than performing possibly unnecessary work. He is thorough, and accommodates all kinds of anxieties and dental needs. Honestly, if I'd have found him sooner, I'm certain a large number of my procedures (and dollars) would have been minimized. Glad to have found him now!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Dr. Yau communicates clearly, is kind, and committed to continually updating and enhancing his skills. His dental hygienist is excellent as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Dr. Yau is the BEST dentist I ever encountered. I have been going to him for over 10 years. He is knowledgeable,polite and caring. He promotes preventive dental care and will do everything he can to preseve your teeth. He is honest and will not perform any dental work that is premature or unnecessary. He takes great care of his patients. He is not just good, but VERY GOOD. Wish there are more ethical dentists like Dr. Yau.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2011

Dr. Bernard Yau is a personable individual with technical knowledge, communication, and chair side manners. He keeps up to date with the latest advances in dentistry and performs efficiently dental work at reasonable prices. Dr. Yau has been my dentist for the last seven years and I choose to keep him because he cares about the dental profession as well as his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750516].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Yau is the best dentist I ever had. He actually saved a tooth another dentist had advised me to extract. I appreciate everything about Dr. Yau: personality, technical knowledge, communication, chair side manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

Dr. Yau is an outstanding dentist. In the 13 years I have been seeing him I've had 2 dental emergencies on his day off and he went into the office and took care of me with no additional charge, gave me his home phone # and made follow-up calls to my home to check on me. When I couldn't afford a pricey procedure I needed, he arranged for me to have it done free at UBC where he was taking a postgraduate course in this new procedure. He keeps very up to date. He is efficient and very personable; he provides excellent concerned care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750514].votes_count ]]