Rate Dr. Michael Ramsden

Dr. Michael Ramsden's Ratings

Terrible experience. Will not be going back. I called my family doctor for another referral before even leaving the building. Had zero interest in findjng any solution to managing my fibromyalgia which he diagnosed and suggested tai chi. Zero bedside manner. Tested positive for an autoimmune disease which is why i was referred to him and he retested and said i was fine. He acknowledged the results can fluxuate weekly but didnt offer to retest and said it didnt matter as theres no cure for it anyways. So frustrated. Waited three months to get a useless result. Back to square one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Possibly one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. I seriously considered walking out within five minutes of the start of the appointment, and in retrospect I wish I had. He is rude, brusque, arrogant and condescending. He asked me extremely specific point by point questions, and when I tried to elaborate on my answers (so that he might have an ACTUAL history of my case, rather than just the dates and the names of the other doctors that I have seen, which is all he seemed interested in) he interrupted me, and didn't seem interested in whether I finished what I was saying or not. At the end of the appointment (after a rather non-extensive physical), he announced that not only did I NOT have the condition that I was there to see him about (which I have been diagnosed with by a specialist, the same one who referred me to him), but he couldn't understand WHY I was diagnosed with it in the first place. Needless to say, I will NOT be returning.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1750767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr.R was fantastic. What a caring man! He was very attentive and kind.He impressed me with his knowledge of my condition and I really felt that he was making suggestions in my best interest about my treatment options. I was even more impressed when, after having had blood work done, he told me to email him for the results! I followed up on that suggestion and his reply was very immediate. As I live out of town, I had a few questions about where I should have the suggested treatment done.Again, Dr.R was quick to respond and make suggested including offering to do the treatment in New Westminister. I don't know of any Doctors that take the time to answer emails personally. He seems to genuinely care about his patients and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of such expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have been to see Dr. Ramsden on numerous occasions for my ankylosing spondylitis. His staff is horrifically rude and unhelpful. When calling in to make an appointment they are curt and unpleasant and do not return phone calls. Dr. Ramsden does seem to be knowledgeable about drugs and prescriptions but unwilling to discuss other means of treatment (lifestyle changes, exercise, stretching, etc). Additionally, he always seems to be in a hurry spending very little time with me during appointments. He is punctual but at the cost of being thorough.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1750765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2012

Dr. R is the best! Calm and knowledgeable, very straightforward and respectful. Timely replies via e-mail. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

After waiting for 7 months to see him for my RA, first impression his staff were not at all friendly and he wasnt at all punctual. I saw him 4 weeks ago for the first time where he quickly prescribed me an anti inflammatory that could harm my eyesight(and would have to be regularly checked for this) i have gone the naturopath rout and started supplements for arthritis and my low thyroid and anemia. I went in for a follow up where he missed the diagnose of my low thyroid, and low iron count. Just said i was showing RA signs and put me on Methotrexate (even after i told him i was doing better!) within 5 mins. i was out the door with a scary prescription (google it) I am fortunate enough to have an amazing naturopath doctor and the intelligence to research anything before i take it. i am 24 and it looks as though i would have severe health issues if i took this drug for any length of time.Would never recommend this doc. he is just another doc trying to make $ from pharmaceutical companies

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1750768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

I had two visits with Dr. Ramsden and won't be going back. I tested positive for RA which lead me to Dr. Ramsden. After more blood work, everything came back fine and I was sent on my way. After speaking with my family doctor and finding out that RA can go into remission, he ordered more blood work, which came back once again positive for RA. I had to wait three months to get in to see Dr. Ramsden and even then, I had to call the office regarding the appointment. Very disappointed with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1750763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2011

Can't say I like him. I have tried to after seeing him for a few years but he has no answers just that I have a connective tissue disease and that he can't tell what form until it progressed, which is years. Bed side manners are horrible and I find him very rude and un kind. Made me fell stupid and would not listen to me. Symptoms have progessed now and it takes months for his office to get back to you with a new appointment after you are referred again by your doctor. I find that he really doesn't care about people and their pain. I will find someone else out there that cares and that can help me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1750762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2011

Dr. Ramsden is one of the best in his field. After suffering for years I was referred to him and within a short time he was able to determine my problem and we tried a number of options finally settling on one that has rid me of my 24/7 pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

Very good Dr. Up to date Knows his stuff.Prompt responses through e-mail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1750760].votes_count ]]