You may also like

Rate Dr. David Martin

Dr. David Martin's Ratings

Dr. Martin did surgery on my right shoulder for a rotator tear in March of 2014...I went to see my family Dr. in June or July of 2014 to tell him about the pain I was still having in my shoulder...he made an appointment for me to see Dr. Martin...I saw Dr. Martin in November of 2014...I told him about the pain that I was still having...he said to me, " if you are not happy with my work, go see another dr....his next comment was I don't know where your pain is coming from, you shouldn't be having pain...then his last comment he made was, " are you on pain relievers, " I told him no, then he said, go see your dr. and then he walked out of the room with the two interns that he had with him that day...he didn't even want to investigate as to what was going on...am I seeing another surgeon...absolutely....one who is @ least checking into what is going on....would I recommend Dr. Martin...absolutely NOT...my husband also said that Dr. Martin will do surgery...and no more....pretty Dr. Martin his hands of me when he left the room....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Had a displaced fracture of my calcaneous April 2011. Did not know if I would ever walk properly, climb a ladder or do my job (building renovations) ever again. It was a serious brake requiring pins and a titanium plate which are permanent. I have minimal nerve damage, some pain which is lessening gradually with each month that goes by. I take mabe an ibufrofin once every month or two if I really overdo things. I have no arthritis. Range of motion is now near 100 per cent. The operation was three and one half years ago. I am 61 years old and work long hard hours on my feet in constuction every day . Last year I treked in the Andes and the rainforests of Ecuador. Next year I plan to climb Mt Kilimanjaro - Africa's tallest mountain. That is the goal I set while laying on the hospital bed with the fracture. I will take a picture there and send it to Dr Martin. I owe a debt of gratitude to God and to Dr. Martin with his amazing skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I had knee surgery with Dr. Martin in January of 2013. He pinned a large piece of cartilage back on to the end of my femur. I was only 21 at the time and if he wasn't able to do it he said I would have needed a half knee replacement. Luckily he was able to put it back on BUT after the surgery he gave me no information. I was told it worked but he never indicated I needed physiotherapy or to do any exercises. I didn't even know if I should take my splint off to do any. It's a year and a half later and I still feel pain in my knee.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

A great surgeon; however he had a massive temper tantrum just before I was head in the OR for my hip replacement and muscle reconstruction. His staff loaded me up with morphine before my surgery, then they cut me off when I'm in real pain after the surgery. Talk about backwards.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2511001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Dr. Martin did a great job on my knee replacement. He is very busy but very professional. I would recommend him to anyone considering knee replacement surgery. I had read his ratings. His receptionist was also very professional. As a patient I don't want a new best friend for a Doctor or his receptionist. I want competent people and that is who you have with Dr.Martin and his Staff. If you want a new best friend - go buy a dog! If you want the best Doctor for knee replacement - Dr. Martin and his team are who you really want. Because he is busy, go prepared - write down your questions, he will answer them all for you. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

My husband had a humeral break and after waiting for a day and a half "on call" for surgery we finally got a chance to see Dr. Martin. He was in the room for about 1 minute and flat out said "we're going to cut you from here to here and put in a plate." When I asked how big the incision/plate is he just made a hand gesture which looked about 9 inches long. He gave very little information in terms of recovery times. He just came across as a doctor wanting to do surgery because it serves him best rather than take into consideration my husbands concerns/situation. The next day we met with another surgeon who said in NO way would he ever operate as the risks were too high and the benefits were minimal. Thankfully, we got the doctor we did. I later received feedback from 2 other doctors after showing them my husbands' fracture and they agreed surgery was definitely not necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1751802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

he went on vacation before i awoke and could ask any questions. After weeks of calling ...the office was closed. I finally got them to answer questions about my surgery and how it went. Then after a month and a half , they finally got me into physio theraphy. Very disapointed

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1751801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2014

I had a unstable shoulder that popped out, went to see Dr.Martin. I was told a wait of 12-18mnths I was not happy about the wait time cause I was in so much pain. I had called bad and asked to be put on the waiting list they called me 3mnth later to book the surgery, between the time waiting I went to see another surgeon. who was very rude and yelled at me. anyways i book surgery with martin and booked an appointment with him before surgery to go over everything. I had told him about the surgeon and Dr. Martin sent about 45min to an Hour just talking about the surgery and everything. It made me feel so much better as i was very confused after seeing the other dr. The surgery went great! i couldn't be happier best thing i could of done!!! Only thing make sure you do research about the surgery or whats wrong with you. It will help with talking to him. The rep seems very cold but very helpful too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1751800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Dr. Martin did bilateral knee replacements for me last November (10 months ago)and I can't say enough about how great my new knees are. I'm only 57 and had the knees of an 80 year old. My one leg was bowed and quite crooked. Now I have straight knees and no pain. I was back to yoga and swimming in only 8 weeks with a 130 range of motion!!!! Dr. Martin did my mother's knees (at the same time) when she was 72. She is now almost 80 and is back to walking and enjoying life. I cannot say enough about Dr. Martin and his surgery. I have recommended many people to him. He was my 3rd opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1751799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2013

3 days ago my brother had a bicycle accident. He was in severe pain, his left shoulder looked dislocated as bones were sticking out and looked asymmetric. Dr Martin said clavicle slightly dislocated, nothing can be done. I wasn't satisfied, took my brother to Welland general, dr Jamal saw him and immediately had him under general anesthesia and fixed his shoulder. As soon as my brother awoke, his shoulder was 90% better. Dr Jamal said the shoulder would have never healed properly. My msg is: don't let dr Martin operate on you (my friend's Ankle was operated on by Dr Martin, three years later, still can't walk and still on OxyContin!) if you need a surgery run to Welland or hamilton. A Dr that thinks he is God's gift to ppl, shouldn't be in medical care. Please read other reviews, good reviews are probably posted by either lucky patients or staff members.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1751798].votes_count ]]