Rate Dr. Paul Oxley

Dr. Paul Oxley's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Oxley by my family doctor after I had seen another Plastic Surgeon in consultation. I read about people thinking he is arrogant but didn't find that at all. He seemed a bit dry at first.
I had implants put in years ago and wanted them out and a lift done. The work he did was absolutely beautiful. I am SO happy with the result. The scars are settling so well and they look great.
I have had nothing but a great experience with him and his staff and received all the support and attention I needed before and after the surgery. He has always listened to my questions and I would tell anyone to see him.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2014 | flag

I had medical breast reduction and abdominal liposuction done by this doctor. Despite what I had read about his poor bedside manner, I decided to go in with an open mind and a positive attitude, because I thought he was a very skilled surgeon.
Now I don't want to sound like a bitter bitch but honestly, no matter how hard I try, I can't find one positive thing to say about this doctor. He is severely arrogant and full of himself, dismissive of all patient's concerns, does not take the time to ask what you want and gets seriously impatient if you try to tell him what you want.
When combining 2 procedures in one session, despite what his website advertises, he charges in full for both, which is not the case for many surgeons. The facility charges and anesthesiologist fees are charged only once, but not with him.
He is an absolute liar. During consultation, I told him that I wanted to reduce my belly size but wouldn't do the tummy tuck. I specifically asked whether in his professional opinion, I would be able to get a flat stomach with liposuction, he said: "I would not recommend lipo if I didn't think it would achieve the results you want". A lot of pain and $6,000 later, I still have a pot belly, wavy abdomen and pockets of fatty bulges in my midsection. Now he is saying liposuction doesn't get rid of those and a tummy tuck is the only option. He could've said that before the surgery when I asked him. His tactic is to lure the patient in with a lower cost procedure, get paid for a half-ass job and then sell them the more expensive procedure because now they look hideous.
Add to that the fact that he didn't make himself or any of his staff available for after-care. My surgery was on a Friday. He left the hospital before I woke up. A one-page generic instruction sheet was the only thing given to me. There was no emergency phone number to contact him or his staff nurse. All I got was "instruction" to go to ER in case of an emergency!
During post-op visits, he asks you to "show him" the breasts; seriously! No gowns, no leaving the room for the patient to get undressed. He just sits there while you take the top off and he looks at you from where he's sitting, not even examining the area up close. Can you imagine how intimidating it is to have him towering over (he is quite tall) your half-naked body with the bulges hanging out and trying to voice a concern over your results? It was quite a painful experience for me, I choked.
At my two-months post-op, I raised a concern about asymmetry of my breasts and an ugly flap under the left one. All he had to say was "that's not important". Obviously, it is to me, but he totally dismissed it and even refused to talk about a solution. He also got agitated when I told him I wasn't happy with the lipo results. He tried to blame it on my skin type which was exactly contrary to what he had said during the initial consult; that I had "good quality, firm skin with good tone which would easily retract after lipo".
His horrendous bedside manner is only surpassed by his lack of empathy and professionalism. I definitely will not recommend this doctor for any procedure.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

Several years ago, I saw Dr. Oxley regarding a medical breast reduction. There was quite a long wait list for surgery. As I was leaving, the receptionist called me back and told me that if I had another cosmetic surgery as well, I would get in faster. Probably true but I was taken aback by the sad reality and admission of such. After the surgery, I was only about one size smaller. As one friend said, "You could have gotten the same result by changing your sweater. Also, one breast was smaller than the other plus I had ugly "flaps" below my breasts. So I had to have another correction surgery. The size was smaller but still uneven in size and flaps still there. I wondered if the "flaps" were Dr. Oxley's trademark. They're very weird and unattractive. I am now waiting to see another surgeon to have them removed. This is not my idea of a job well done.

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Submitted June 18, 2013 | flag

I have seen this fine gentleman for an ulnar nerve injury. He was referred to as being a very fine surgeon. I was very pleased with his explanation of my options and his consideration. He very conscientiously referred me to a very fine neurologist for evaluation. If my option is surgery I hope to have Dr. Oxley perform it . Irv Rogers Surrey, BC

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

Excellent choice as a cosmetic surgeon. I cannot stress how highly I rate this doctor, I work in the health care system, and I see them all. He did a wonderful job at correcting another surgeons mess from Alberta. My rating is A plus plus plus

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

had a consult with him, and he seemed very sweet, AND SHY!! after our appt he walked me out to his receptionist and that made me feel like he actually cared. :) pleasant initial consult.

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Oxley came highly recommended and my results show why. The facelift I had looks so natural. His staff was great and he took the time to answer my hundreds of questions

Submitted March 23, 2011 | flag

arrogant artist!!!so it depends if you prefer a surgeon with good bedside manner or good surgical skills!!!

Submitted Aug. 17, 2010 | flag

Very skilled surgeon. Excellent outcome for my plastic surgery. My tummy is bikini ready again (after all my kids)! Also, he's easy on the eyes which is an added bonus. ;)

Submitted March 12, 2010 | flag