Rate Dr. Michael A. Healy

Dr. Michael A. Healy's Ratings

doesn't care and when things go wrong he doesnt't want to see you anymore as a patient

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

I had spinal surgery a few years back and dr healy was very knowledgeable and very nice to me. I would go to him again in a minute, and would have the sugery all over again if necessary. I would recommend him to anyone..his bedside manner may not be the best, but who cares... if he is a good doctor that is all i care about when it comes to my well being.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2013 | flag

very rude failed back surgery when telling him of promblems he caused did nothing but try to avoid .he did wrong look hard there alot of people in ttown done wrong i would not let him work on my dog the bad is he has went to college with lawyers from to cleveland and he seems to think!!!!!!!!!!!!i say try living with pain like i do doc.thanks to you

Submitted Jan. 30, 2012 | flag

It is my opinion that Dr. Michael Healy DOES NOT subscribe to the idea of gentle surgery. It's nearly 4 years after my neck surgery and I've had trouble swallowing ever since. I used to sing... Not anymore. This guy was nothing but a jerk to me when I inquired, time after time, as to when the hard swallowing would subside. I'm told I have scar tissue in my throat. Scar tissue in my throat? From spinal surgery? How hard does one have to jack the esophagus over to do spinal surgery? I was told the sensation would last a couple of weeks, then a couple of months, then maybe a year. The last time I saw him, he was smoking a cigarette outside his office with his receptionist. I walked by disgustedly. If I treated my customers the same way I felt I was treated by Dr. Michael Healy, I'd be out of business.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2011 | flag

Physician listens to problems and assess accordingly. He is very quick and to the point. He tells things like they are and doesn't sugar coat anything.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

Dr.Healy is very quick to dismiss any complications.He did not explain himself very well.I had menegitis and MIRSA twice after the shunt placement.Had it not been for my infectious disease Dr.,he would have done the shunt re-insertion while I STILL had the MIRSA.The infectious disease Dr. said that the MIRSA could have then infected my brain!

Submitted Oct. 10, 2010 | flag

Dr. Healy was the only doctor that eased our minds when we found out our child had hydrocephalus. His bedside manner could improve but he is a very intelligent man and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. He does not like to dance around the situation. He and his staff have been very supportive of my family and have listened to all we said. It is hard to get into his office but but when needed they will work with you. Very happy with him.

Submitted May 7, 2009 | flag

very difficult doesnt want to acknowledge problems with patients, when he does its always to late

Submitted March 26, 2009 | flag

He didn't give me any information and didn't act like he cared or had time for me. I vomited all night 4 nights after my craniotomy and called him at 4 am. He was rude and angry and said I needed to wait until morning to get some anti-nausea meds. One of his residents got angry at me and treated me horribly when I found out what my brain tumor meant in regard to years of survival. I had to learn this myself (as well as everything else) on the internet!! I was very upset and he was angry at me for looking online. I had no other choice because my doctor didn't have time to talk to me. He should have done an MRI after the craniotomy, but didn't. I am now going to a different doctor and had an MRI 2 months after my craniotomy. 2/3 of my tumor is still there. They don't know if it is new growth or what was leftover from the surgery. They think it is what he left. My tumor was operable and on the frontal lobe. Before surgery, he said it was a meningioma, but it ended up being a glioma.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2008 | flag

He is an extreemly intellegent doctor, with a terrible bedside manner. I called his office due to the progression of CM symptoms. The scheduling nurse, was nasty and scheduled me for 3 weeks later!

Submitted Oct. 2, 2007 | flag