Dr. Renata Frankovich

Rate Dr. Renata Frankovich

Dr. Renata Frankovich's Ratings

Dr Frankovich has been a great doctor to me. I was turned away by many others but she was willing to work with me to find the cause of my pain. She ordered all appropriate tests in a timely manner. She is very respectful and listens to your concerns. She is willing to work with me to find a surgeon in other city's due to long wait times in Ottawa. She is knowledgeable about other conservative Rx options in the city and was able to think outside the box. I would highly recommend her to anybody in need of a sport doctor in Ottawa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I have had very good experiences. I found the doctor to be knowledgeable and friendly. I have not felt rushed. Previous posting is off base as Dr F is a sports medicine doctor and not an orthopaedic surgeon. This "internet educated" patient missed the boat on that one. I am not LOL for them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

while polite, i felt rushed compared to other orthopedic surgeons I've had... and it's a bit difficult to assess her understanding of the injuries when her practices are limited to the bear minimum of required protocol... it must be a difficult time for older doctors whose patients come in internet-educated...but if embraced and built upon it can be more blessing than curse...im sure she gets sick of olympics questions lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2013

I was treated like I was stupid. I have had knee problems for 15 years, have had five arthroscopic surgeries and yet was handed another sheet on how to deal with arthritis, when the problem was torn meniscus again. Just because I am over 55 doesn't mean that I should have to endure the pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2012

Wonderful experience. I was worried about what was causing the discomfort in my knee. She diagnosed it as tendinitis in my patella. I was concerned that it was something structural so this was great news. Now that I know what it is I do not worry - stretch and use the knee is the answer. Strong recommendation from me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

I was so impressed with Dr. Frankovich, and the Fellow she is working with at present, Dr. Wade. Together they spent 45 minutes with me, patiently answering my questions and intently listening to my concerns. It was so refreshing to be listened to and taken seriously. It was a trek to get to her office, but SO worth it! The biggest thing was her clear, genuine desire to help me, as well as her obvious expertise and experience. Very impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

I've seen Dr. F twice. Both times she set records for rushing a patient out as fast as she could. Shares absolutely nothing, clearly doesn't listen, relies solely on equipment rather than any knowledge she may have - and again, makes you feel extremely rushed (even for a doc).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

Did not make the referral to orthopedic surgeon in a timely fashion. It took almost one year to finally have her recommend that I see the surgeon and be put on his list for surgery. In the meantime, this doctor injected synvisc at the rate of 3 injections per knee @ a cost of $400.00 per knee . For me it was like injecting water since I have complete degeneration of the knees. I am convinced that an orhtopedic M.D. would never have recommended this treatment. Does not share her knowledge as my repeated request to have the meaning of the x-rays interpreted to me were met with stubborn disregard over the ten months I saw her. Same results when I asked over and over to have her examine my articulations and give me feedback. I am only sorry that I did not have the courage to leave this doctor and find another competent resource.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

Great experience with my daughter. She has a good bedside manner with children. She did a good job of explaining the injury and treatment. Most importantly my daughter healed and was back in action. Fully satisfied!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2011

In November 2009, I was referred to Dr. Francovich by my family Doctor for an old knee injury and increasing pain in both knees. Dr. Farncovich met with me, requested new x-rays and confirmed that I was a candidate for knee replacement. She referred me to Dr. Andrew Marshall, an orthopaedic surgeon, and I met with him in December 2009. He reviewed my x-rays and the report from Dr. Francovich. He then arranged for a consultation with a more qualified surgeon due to extnesive damage to one knee. I the met with Dr.G.Dervin in late July 2010, and will have knee replacement surgery in November. I foudn Dr. Francovich to be professional, knowledgeable and she listened carefully to my comments and concerns. She wasted no time in referring me on to a surgeon who recognized that a higher level of skill would be required. I was fortunate that my family Doctor sent me to Dr.Francovich and that through her surgical colleagues, I will finally get relief from years of pain in both knees.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1765112].votes_count ]]