Dr. Tom Smith Windsor

Rate Dr. Tom Smith Windsor

Dr. Tom Smith Windsor's Ratings

Nice doctor But not having much knowledge. Never sure of anything always refer to specialist for little things .

Submitted June 9, 2012 | flag

When I was pregnant I was refered to Dr. Smith-Windsor from my usual family Doctor was would soon be retiring. I found him to be very laid back-- almost to a fault. I wasn't too sure what to think of him. I kept going, and I lost my first at 12 weeks. I found that he didn't really seem to answer my questions, and wasn't very compassionate. However when I was pregnant again, I returned to him and found his care quite adequate. I used to be upset that he was ALWAYS late, until I ended up in the hospital for 24 hours of labour. He was in and out the entire time. I now understoond that his devotion to his patients that were in greater need. I don't know when this man sleeps.... Others can complain about him, but try his shoes and see how you do.

Submitted March 24, 2010 | flag

Overall, he's very good. Remember that he is a GP and not a specialist, so there are things he does not know a lot about. He will admit it when he does not know something and will give referrals to specialists. Excellent manner and is friendly, compassionate, and helpful. Some of the students he helps train may need more monitoring; had a bad experience with one. We go to see Tom and not someone just learning the business. Overall, he's excellent, and I'm thankful to have him as a doctor.

Submitted March 12, 2010 | flag

Dr. Tom is such a wonderful doctor! I saw him when we lived in Prince Albert and I wish he would move to Regina so he could still be my family doctor. He is very caring and respectful and always does his best to help.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2010 | flag

I have seen this doctor for many years, and have always been treated very respectfully. He takes the time to really listen and does not rush through the appointment. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait to get in, but that comes with the territory when a doctor takes the time needed to talk with patients and not rush them out the door.I have never seen any of the moodiness that the other posters have mentioned. On occasion I have had the medical students and Dr. S-W always comes in after with the student to review everything that was discussed. I am very satisfied with the service I have received and I would reccomend Dr. S-W to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2008 | flag

He is my 88 year old father's doctor and I find him to care very little. Questions are vaguely answered and it feels to me that because my dad is elderly our concerns are minimized. When asked about Altzheimer's he told my Dad to spell world backwards, then prescribed a medication that caused him to be almost psychotic and no follow up. Our last visit was about a swelling under my Dad's eye. He suggested eye drops and if that didn't work then a nasal spray and if that didn't work he was out of ideas and it would have to wait until a specialists appointment 5 months away! My Dad could be blind by then.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2008 | flag

Dr Tom was my family doctor when I lived in Prince Albert. The first baby he delivered in PA was my 16 year old daughter, and he went on to deliver my other two children.I found him a warm, compassionate man, and a wonderful doctor. I only wish he would move to Saskatoon so we could have him back!

Submitted Feb. 24, 2008 | flag

He dilivered my second child. If he had delivered my first it would have been my last

Submitted April 22, 2007 | flag

Dr. Tom ,as he is know in our house, is a wonderful and caring physician who takes the time, even when running behind, to listen to his patients. I chose him because of his laid back manner and child delivery philosophy and have never been disappointed in the care myself or my two children, both of whom he safely delivered, have received. I have often been presented with several alternatives when seeking treatment and together we agree on the solution that works best for me, whether it's seeing a specialist or staying under his supervised care. If you are looking for a physician who rushes patients in and out and prescribes copious amounts of pills for every minor ache and pain then Dr. Tom is not the right physician for you. However, if you are seeking a warm, friendly and knowledgeable Doctor as well as a strong patient advocate,then Dr. Tom is the physician for you!

Submitted March 27, 2007 | flag

Dr. Smith Windsor has deliverd both of my children with care, consideration and patience. He is also my regular family physican. He listens, makes referral when appropriate and treats his patients with respect. He is an excellent doctor.

Submitted March 16, 2007 | flag